Recordings Folder
Is it possible to view recordings organized in folder, instead of a flat view. i'm speaking about how xbmc shows recordings and not how they are in filesystem.
Tvheadend records each serie in its own folder, just like i configured it.
i have too many recordings to have a good experience with a flat view

thank you
With the latest version of pvr.hts you should now have directory support. However XBMC artificially limits this to 1 level of directories, so the addon has to squash stuff.

Adam
ok. thank you for your reply.

i'm using openelec 2.0, i will update to the beta 3 (Frodo version) as soon as possible!

tnx!
(2012-12-04, 16:42)adamsutton Wrote: With the latest version of pvr.hts you should now have directory support. However XBMC artificially limits this to 1 level of directories, so the addon has to squash stuff.

Adam

Thanks for the info, Adam.
When you say that XBMC limits to one level of dirs, do you mean:
1) That the recordings list can contain dirs but that no sub-dirs are permitted?
or
2) that the recordings list cannot contain dirs?

I'm using pvr.hts v1.6.10 (from frodo RC3) + have configured TVHeadend to use folders, but I am still seeing a completely flattened list.
Perhaps it could be because all my recordings currently have only one recording in the folder (recorded films rather than multi-episode TV)?
jamesf, 1 I think Wink But I believe I may have been mistaken on my understanding but have not yet revisited it. For now pvr.hts artificially restricts to 1 folder.

Not sure, I seem to see in progress recordings in a flattened view (I think this may be a consequence of how I implemented things and need to look into it), then they're all in folders.

Of course this all requires that your recordings are in folders on the server and that you're using a recent build of TVH (i.e. 3.2 will not provide the necessary info, you must compile from git master).

Adam
(2013-01-07, 11:43)adamsutton Wrote: jamesf, 1 I think Wink But I believe I may have been mistaken on my understanding but have not yet revisited it. For now pvr.hts artificially restricts to 1 folder.

Not sure, I seem to see in progress recordings in a flattened view (I think this may be a consequence of how I implemented things and need to look into it), then they're all in folders.

Of course this all requires that your recordings are in folders on the server and that you're using a recent build of TVH (i.e. 3.2 will not provide the necessary info, you must compile from git master).

Adam

I tested with multiple episodes of same TV programme and are definitely seeing all in one long list (no folders)...
But I only have TVH v3.2.18 (from raspbmc RC5) so this would explain it Smile

Thanks for the info. I keen to stay as "out of box" as possible, so will wait for the necessary version of TVH and pvr.hts to become available without tinkering.
I miss those folders view too. I use dvbviewer recording service and all recordings goes automatic to sub-folders.
Now i just use xbmc file mode, it works pretty good. I hope that you can add that fanart possibility too, when directory support is ready.

Now i just select those fanarts manualy. I have to use smartplaylist for real tv-series, becouse those recordings are now in tv-series database.
Is there any way to use fanarts, but not scrapping to tv-show?

Edit: i think that is not plugin issue, i hope that we get those sub-folders soon...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings Folder0