[Release] SendTo
This plugin is a nice idea. Thanks.
I tried to pull playing content from my tv setup to tablet and vice versa.

I have 12.2 dsplayer on the tvsetup and latest official nightly for android on the tablet.
On the tablet, when nothing is played on the tv side, the plugin shows "Idle" for the tv host so it looks like communication works fine.
But when I play or pause a video on the tv side, I get "Could not connect to network server" and script failed on the tablet.

Log from the tablet side: http://pastebin.com/PkZzJb9N

The other way it works. But it does not resume on the current play position in the video (is this implemented?).
Videos are on another server with smb and mysql db, all devices share the same sources.xml.
Looks like somthing like this is going to be included in v13 Gotham!?
That would be nice to be able to use the push without needing custom skin support.
I found this a while ago and came back to it today now that I have added my Music collection to XBMC. I am running mutiple machines around my apartment (windows computer, aTV, iPad) along with a MySQL database.

The AddOn is awesome! Thank you Smile

I am using Pull for a start and will look to set up Send in due course. Just a few questions:
(2012-12-04, 22:13)robweber Wrote: [*]Transfer now playing - essentially this is a "pull" of the current playlist from a remote host to the current one. This will stop all media playing on the remote host and play the file where it left off on the new device.
Is it possible to have an option the same as transfer that doesnt stop the current playlist on the Host?

ie: I have music playing in the lounge, but then find myself in another room. I would like to mirror what is playing in the lounge whilst still letting the lounge continue playing for other family members to enjoy.

I guess I have the same question when using Send - is it is possible to leave the Host playing after sending to the Remote?

Also, one issue I found. If Shuffle is enabled (on either Host or Remote) you dont quite get the matched effect of having the playlist start in several several rooms at the same point on the same file, because the Remote playlist immediately starts with a different (shuffled) file than what is playing on the Host, and vice versa. Using SendTo needs to set Shuffle to off on each machine.

Obviously this is not an issue when just transferring one Movie, but it is more so with a Music playlist, especially because I dont think there is a way to see that Shuffle is enabled, or to disable it, until Music is actually playing (which is then too late because you are already unmatched...).

Is there any chance that Pulling and Sending can also set Shuffle to off on both the Host and the Remote machine so that the Music remains matched ? (unless of course someone manully changes it, nothing that can be done about that except to Pull or Send again)

(2012-12-04, 22:13)robweber Wrote: c) Proper skin support. The addon can easily be added to the Music and Video menus by adding an option to call XBMC.RunScript(script.sendto,mode=1000). An alternative to this would be to map the RunScript command to a button on your remote.
Can you point me in the right direction about how to add this to a Skin?

THANK YOU Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
EDIT: After some more use I can say that this works great on my windows computer, and also on my iPad, however on aTV2 it is really really slow. On the other machines opening the Pull window to display Remote devices takes 1-2 seconds - On the aTV2 it takes maybe 30 seconds... It also took so long adding the Remotes in the first place.

I guess something is not right somehow. Let me know if you need a Log, or what the next step is please Smile

PS: my other normal access to the aTV2 all works fine, including from the xbmc remote app on my iPhone.
But one difference is that the aTV is connected to the network via ethernet, and other devices with wifi (not that it should matter, should it?)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Bump Smile
Sorry for the extreme delay in getting to these. I just don't have the time to support this like I'd wish to (probaby why I never put it in a repo). I'll make suggestions where possible, if anyone wants to dive into the code feel free.

(2013-08-03, 06:25)brotbuexe Wrote: This plugin is a nice idea. Thanks.
I tried to pull playing content from my tv setup to tablet and vice versa.

I have 12.2 dsplayer on the tvsetup and latest official nightly for android on the tablet.
On the tablet, when nothing is played on the tv side, the plugin shows "Idle" for the tv host so it looks like communication works fine.
But when I play or pause a video on the tv side, I get "Could not connect to network server" and script failed on the tablet.

Log from the tablet side: http://pastebin.com/PkZzJb9N

The other way it works. But it does not resume on the current play position in the video (is this implemented?).
Videos are on another server with smb and mysql db, all devices share the same sources.xml.

It could be a number of things here. As I've indicated before if you are using the hostname for your systems rather than an IP address this can cause issues. Usually this due to name resolution errors on your local network, the name lookup also adds to the overhead and may result in a timeout. I don't see any errors in this log file so perhaps the tablet really is getting no response from your tv xbmc setup. Hard to say.

The resume current position is implemented, but again I've seen a few issues with it. Mostly this happens when trying to "send" to a device like an rPI or a tablet. Sometimes these devices can't load the video point fast enough, or just flat out fail setting the skip point and end up starting at the beginning anyway.

(2013-08-05, 18:56)jmh2002 Wrote: I am using Pull for a start and will look to set up Send in due course. Just a few questions:
(2012-12-04, 22:13)robweber Wrote: [*]Transfer now playing - essentially this is a "pull" of the current playlist from a remote host to the current one. This will stop all media playing on the remote host and play the file where it left off on the new device.
Is it possible to have an option the same as transfer that doesnt stop the current playlist on the Host?

ie: I have music playing in the lounge, but then find myself in another room. I would like to mirror what is playing in the lounge whilst still letting the lounge continue playing for other family members to enjoy.

I guess I have the same question when using Send - is it is possible to leave the Host playing after sending to the Remote?

Also, one issue I found. If Shuffle is enabled (on either Host or Remote) you dont quite get the matched effect of having the playlist start in several several rooms at the same point on the same file, because the Remote playlist immediately starts with a different (shuffled) file than what is playing on the Host, and vice versa. Using SendTo needs to set Shuffle to off on each machine.

Obviously this is not an issue when just transferring one Movie, but it is more so with a Music playlist, especially because I dont think there is a way to see that Shuffle is enabled, or to disable it, until Music is actually playing (which is then too late because you are already unmatched...).

Is there any chance that Pulling and Sending can also set Shuffle to off on both the Host and the Remote machine so that the Music remains matched ? (unless of course someone manully changes it, nothing that can be done about that except to Pull or Send again)

(2012-12-04, 22:13)robweber Wrote: c) Proper skin support. The addon can easily be added to the Music and Video menus by adding an option to call XBMC.RunScript(script.sendto,mode=1000). An alternative to this would be to map the RunScript command to a button on your remote.
Can you point me in the right direction about how to add this to a Skin?

THANK YOU Smile

1. In addition to Transfer now Playing there is also "Copy Playlist starting here" this could be what you are looking for. It will leave the locally playing media alone.
2. Right now it is not possible to "send" the file and still leave it playing. I suppose in theory this could be added an option in the settings.
3. There isn't anything I can do about the shuffle thing. I'm guessing you are using a smart playlist or have some sort of shuffle command turned on? All this addon does is pull the "queue" directly using JSON so if there is something like a "randomizer" option interfering than I guess that is just what happens.
4. Each skin is so different I couldn't really tell you where to start. The place I looked when I modded my reFocus build was the "IncludesPlayerControl.xml" file. This is specific to that skin, but each one should have some sort of area for the player OSD control where you can possibly add a menu option. Another way to do it would be to map a button on your remote directly to the RunScript() command so you just have to hit that button when playing media.

(2013-08-05, 21:10)jmh2002 Wrote: EDIT: After some more use I can say that this works great on my windows computer, and also on my iPad, however on aTV2 it is really really slow. On the other machines opening the Pull window to display Remote devices takes 1-2 seconds - On the aTV2 it takes maybe 30 seconds... It also took so long adding the Remotes in the first place.

I guess something is not right somehow. Let me know if you need a Log, or what the next step is please Smile

PS: my other normal access to the aTV2 all works fine, including from the xbmc remote app on my iPhone.
But one difference is that the aTV is connected to the network via ethernet, and other devices with wifi (not that it should matter, should it?)

Are you using hostnames or IP addresses when adding the hosts. Again (this is going to get old!) some devices have really slow lookup times on local hostnames - at least that I've noticed. Even if using DHCP on your local network, most devices will always get the same IP if used regulary so try using the IP address when adding them. I've set this up for friends and using IP vs hostname made an extreme difference in speed.
(2013-08-09, 22:48)robweber Wrote: Sorry for the extreme delay in getting to these. I just don't have the time to support this like I'd wish to (probaby why I never put it in a repo). I'll make suggestions where possible, if anyone wants to dive into the code feel free.
(2013-08-05, 18:56)jmh2002 Wrote: Is it possible to have an option the same as transfer that doesnt stop the current playlist on the Host?

1. In addition to Transfer now Playing there is also "Copy Playlist starting here" this could be what you are looking for. It will leave the locally playing media alone.
2. Right now it is not possible to "send" the file and still leave it playing. I suppose in theory this could be added an option in the settings.
Thank you for taking the time to reply Smile

The important part is that the Remote starts playing the file where it left off on the Host (this is where the "Copy Playlist starting here" function doesnt work, because it starts playing from 0:00).

Using "Transfer Now Playing" works perfectly at the moment as far as playing the file where it left off on the Host (but unfortunately it also stops the Music on the Host).

If the option could be added to leave the the Host playing with both the "Transfer Now Playing" and "Send to Remote" functions then this would cover all bases for simplistic whole house Music (the current playlist could then be Pushed or Pulled to any device and all devices would be matched)

It would be most appreciated if this is possible. THANK YOU Smile

(2013-08-09, 22:48)robweber Wrote: Are you using hostnames or IP addresses when adding the hosts. Again (this is going to get old!) some devices have really slow lookup times on local hostnames - at least that I've noticed. Even if using DHCP on your local network, most devices will always get the same IP if used regulary so try using the IP address when adding them. I've set this up for friends and using IP vs hostname made an extreme difference in speed.
Im using IP adresses, and all devices have a fixed IP address too.

Please note that this big delay with the aTV is also present when trying to setup the AddOn, ie: before its even asked to do any 'look up' of another device. The setup windows take forever to appear. My iPad and Windows machine do not have this problem.

EDIT: just to discount one more thing, I disconnected the aTV from the LAN, and reconnected with WiFi so that it is eaxctly the same as the other 2 devices - unfortunately no change. Seems like a conflict between the aTV and 'SendTo'.
I think I see what you are going for here. The copy playlist functionality started at 0:00 on purpose. I think my original idea was if you saw someone was watching something and wanted to watch the same show (like from the beginning) but your idea makes a lot more sense. I actually never used it the way it was setup.

I modified the source on github to add the features you're asking for. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to thoroughly test them. If you want to try them go ahead, the code all checks out it just might not be 100% yet. I'll probably get to a good test myself within the week, it will probably go alot faster if you just try it out yourself. There is a new setting for "continue playing on host" that you'll need to toggle to make sure things keep playing after a push/pull on your host machine.

Let me know what happens if you try it.
Thank you robweber, its most appreciated. Ill take a look at it tomorrow and report back Smile Smile
It works!!! But there is some delay between the devices, so the tracks are not matched and are about 2 seconds out. I guess the code just needs just a little bit of fine tuning Smile

Oh, also, for some reason I couldnt just download the zip file from git (it wouldnt perform the update when using it to install). I had to manually copy the code from each updated file on git and update my local copy manually...
This looks like something I could use. But how do I install it? I have Kodi running on a RaspberriPi and a win32 PC.
You'll have to download and install it from the github repo (see first post for link). Just download the zip and install via zip file in the Kodi addon browser.
That's my problem. I can't find an addon browser. "Programs -> Add-ons -> Get More" only gives a fixed list. And I can find the file with "System -> Filemanager", but not install it from there.
"System -> Settings -> Add-ons" doesn't have a browser either.
I'm running Kodi 14.2 on OpenElec.
(2015-10-26, 17:04)hneel Wrote: That's my problem. I can't find an addon browser. "Programs -> Add-ons -> Get More" only gives a fixed list. And I can find the file with "System -> Filemanager", but not install it from there.
"System -> Settings -> Add-ons" doesn't have a browser either.
I'm running Kodi 14.2 on OpenElec.
Go to the top of the list(..), this will give you more options to install. You will need to add a source to your file manager for the path to be visible. Add-on manager wiki
BTW, I would have never known about this, if this wasn't brought up. Why is this not a core part of Kodi?
OK, I have sorted this out. I had to go back within the add-on section. That wasn't clear to me.

Bu now I have a next problem. When I want to add a host I'm asked for an IP adress in x.x.x.x format (so far so good) and next I'm asked for a port number in the same format. What do I fill in there?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] SendTo2