• 27(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Do you mean your result is something like this (in case over under movie)?

When you switch your tv to 3d mode, the result will be just over under movie (or side by side when movie is side by side). I had the same issue but problem doesn't exist any longer with newer sources (compiled 3 weeks ago from elupus branch).

I think the best way to show what's wrong is to take picture (or screenshot - press insert and xbmc will create screenshot) and post it here.
^^ If this is the problem then you have three solutions:

1. rename the movies to include the 3D tags.
2. Edit the mkv header and specify the stereomodes.
3. Set the 3D type in video osd menu during playback. The setting is remembered so no need to specify it the next time.

I prefer solution no.1 as it is a one time setting and works for any type of movie files. The tags are:

"3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS"
"3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB"

You can define your own tags in advancedsettings.xml file.

(2013-06-25, 19:31)xero8p Wrote: The TV is automatically switching to 3D mode when I play a 3D file. The UI, subtitles, and the movie all show up in 3D it just does not display the movie correctly frame wise.The left and right frame are shown on left and right of screen and made in 3D but not combined into one 3D image. Changing the 3D mode of the TV does not affect it I have cycled through all the modes with no luck.
Added a feature to the branch that might be of interest Smile. If you have a video with properly tagged H264 codec. You will get proper detection even if it's not in MKV or have a correct file name. One example of this is most 3d video's on youtube.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome!
(2013-06-27, 19:10)elupus Wrote: One example of this is most 3d video's on youtube.

Can I play 3D video frorm youtube directly? I mean 3D youtube plugin for xbmc.
(2013-06-27, 19:10)elupus Wrote: Added a feature to the branch that might be of interest Smile. If you have a video with properly tagged H264 codec. You will get proper detection even if it's not in MKV or have a correct file name. One example of this is most 3d video's on youtube.

Thanks I will give it a try when some kind soul compiles it and posts a link to it *hint hint*. But really thank you though for your work on the 3D the only other decent alternative is the cyberlink player and that's $100 and do not see that happening any time soon without my wife chris browning me.
(2013-06-27, 21:51)xero8p Wrote: Thanks I will give it a try when some kind soul compiles it and posts a link to it *hint hint*. But really thank you though for your work on the 3D the only other decent alternative is the cyberlink player and that's $100 and do not see that happening any time soon without my wife chris browning me.

There's also Bino, but if you're looking for a 10 foot interface, XBMC is doing it all, and for free. You could even donate $10, pretty sure your wife wouldn't mind that. Wink
(2013-06-27, 19:10)elupus Wrote: Added a feature to the branch that might be of interest Smile. If you have a video with properly tagged H264 codec. You will get proper detection even if it's not in MKV or have a correct file name. One example of this is most 3d video's on youtube.

+1 Excellent!!
Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT | AMD A8-3850 | Breakaway Audio Enhancer, HK AVR-365 | HKTS 30, Philips 50PFL7956H/12 21:9 3D
I am getting error while compiling:

Error 1 error C2065: 'p1' : undeclared identifier d:\xbmc-3d-new\lib\dllavcodec.h 228 1 XBMC
(2013-06-28, 08:21)baijuxavior Wrote: I am getting error while compiling:

Error 1 error C2065: 'p1' : undeclared identifier d:\xbmc-3d-new\lib\dllavcodec.h 228 1 XBMC

+1
Same here
Someone confirms this patch will land with XBMC Gotham final?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2013-06-28, 16:01)tinybutstrong Wrote: Someone confirms this patch will land with XBMC Gotham final?

seriously? Do you guys even read the thread? Or any thread?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2848
I put the link in my sig, its always the same Link, and I try to compile every bigger change.

Its uploading right now, so in probably 15mins the download should be rdy.
Is there an option to check the current stereomode inside a python script or plugin?

There is this Sony Virtual Remote which can be used to control Sony TV from PC through network. As per my request the developer has added an option to hide the remote control window and to send a command to the tv which can be used to change the 3d mode to sbs/ou. If we know the stereomode, we can add a script to automatically switch the tv to 3d mode. I will test it in a few days once I am back at home.

https://github.com/jaaps/script.custom.3dmodelgtv is a plugin by jaaps to change 3d mode of lg tv which I think can be modified for sony tv.
I'm working on json stuff that will allow to get supported stereo modes and change stereo mode. Wont add a dedicated function to get the current mode for now, because I think we should rather have json functions to get and set all XBMC settings. Will talk to Montellese about it.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11