• 83(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Your OS must be at least Windows 8 to use hardware based 3D.
(2016-12-04, 00:58)twilight0 Wrote: Your OS must be at least Windows 8 to use hardware based 3D.

I have an Asus PG278Q with 3D vision ready, i have also a Nvidia 3D kit 2, an I7 6700K, a GTX908M, and 32G of RAM, i think i got it all, the funny thing is that powerdvd works, it detects the 3D stereo device, also we are able to choose it in the 3D options, none of this is possible on Kodi, Kodi is only ready for 3D TV´s for years, and i don´t know why.......it´s a shame, because i really like this player
well, Windows hardware 3D support was abandoned by the dev working on it, mostly because the testers didn't give valuable feedback in the end and only complained that it's not working on this or that hardware without willing to provide proper debugging info. But as it's opensource, anyone interested in 3D can pick up that work and finish it.
(2016-12-03, 19:34)000000 Wrote: I have a Mini M8S. From few days ago 3d movies do not display ok. I see just half a display

What to do?
What changed on your end? Did you get a firmware update of the box? Please try if your issue is already fixed in our latest nightly builds and report back.
(2016-12-03, 19:34)000000 Wrote: I have a Mini M8S. From few days ago 3d movies do not display ok. I see just half a display

What to do?
Please make sure that Kodi properly detects movie format TAB or SBS.

(2016-12-04, 02:05)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: I have an Asus PG278Q with 3D vision ready, i have also a Nvidia 3D kit 2, an I7 6700K, a GTX908M, and 32G of RAM, i think i got it all, the funny thing is that powerdvd works, it detects the 3D stereo device, also we are able to choose it in the 3D options, none of this is possible on Kodi, Kodi is only ready for 3D TV´s for years, and i don´t know why.......it´s a shame, because i really like this player
Hardware based 3D in Kodi works only at least on Windows 8. if you are using windows 7 then Kodi is unable to switch to stereo 3D mode.

(2016-12-04, 11:27)da-anda Wrote: well, Windows hardware 3D support was abandoned by the dev working on it, mostly because the testers didn't give valuable feedback in the end and only complained that it's not working on this or that hardware without willing to provide proper debugging info. But as it's opensource, anyone interested in 3D can pick up that work and finish it.
please don't mix up mvc decoding and stereo output Smile
@afedchin - sorry, my bad. I somehow thought HW 3D modes where part of your MVC branch. Hadn't noticed these are already merged.
It was a new feature of v16 Smile
[
(2016-12-04, 02:05)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: I have an Asus PG278Q with 3D vision ready, i have also a Nvidia 3D kit 2, an I7 6700K, a GTX908M, and 32G of RAM, i think i got it all, the funny thing is that powerdvd works, it detects the 3D stereo device, also we are able to choose it in the 3D options, none of this is possible on Kodi, Kodi is only ready for 3D TV´s for years, and i don´t know why.......it´s a shame, because i really like this player
Hardware based 3D in Kodi works only at least on Windows 8. if you are using windows 7 then Kodi is unable to switch to stereo 3D mode.

Windows 10 Pro my friend, and i did test it with the Windows 8.1, it simply doesn´t detectet it, if only there´s an option to choose the hardware, like in Powerdvd.....
Did you enable Stereoscopic 3D at Windows Advanced display settings?
(2016-12-06, 18:49)afedchin Wrote: Did you enable Stereoscopic 3D at Windows Advanced display settings?

It turns on automatic when i enable 3D vision
(2016-12-05, 07:57)afedchin Wrote:
Please make sure that Kodi properly detects movie format TAB or SBS.

Have the same issue on Odroid C2. Kodi does detect the format correctly, and even asks about preferred mode to view it. Then splits screen, as usual, but movie is shown only on one of the halves.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11