• 3(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-03-11, 18:32)leechguy Wrote: @djcorvus: Go here.

Thanks leechguy. However, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with these readme files? They all seem to be for other platforms besides the one I'm using. I'm on Windows 7. None of them seem to be about 3D subtitles either. Are you sure you've given me the right link? Or am I so lost that I can't see the forest for the trees? (note that the latter may be a very real possibility lol).
djcorvus - you don't need any C++ knowledge to compile XBMC from scratch, but you need a proper build environment (having certain software installed and compile dependencies downloaded). Please see the howto from our wiki HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Windows (wiki)
(2013-03-12, 09:56)da-anda Wrote: djcorvus - you don't need any C++ knowledge to compile XBMC from scratch, but you need a proper build environment (having certain software installed and compile dependencies downloaded). Please see the howto from our wiki HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Windows (wiki)

Thanks da-anda,
I just had a read, and I think it made my head spin haha.
I think I might skip this, it's way out of my league. Plus, I don't want to risk screwing anything up on the PC by installing anything that might conflict with other stuff he's got on there (it's my brother's after all).

Unless someone would be kind enough to offer a copy of their already-compiled XBMC with 3D subtitle support? Big Grin
I'm also a newbie regarding this matter - compiling - but i managed to do it (source being the pieh 3d code).

I have one question, though: is it possible to compile the latest xbmc version, including the pieh 3d code? If possible, how? What i have now works but keeps stating dependencies not met for some addons.

I'm pretty sure the question is silly but i can't help but ask anyway... Smile
(2013-03-17, 19:52)Splash44 Wrote: I'm also a newbie regarding this matter - compiling - but i managed to do it (source being the pieh 3d code).

I have one question, though: is it possible to compile the latest xbmc version, including the pieh 3d code? If possible, how? What i have now works but keeps stating dependencies not met for some addons.
Best way is to check out XBMC master and then pull/merge piehs 3D branch on top of it (the other way around should also work). You might end up with some merging conflicts you have to resolve manually though.
Thanks! One more favor (please): what commands would i use to do that?

Let's see:
1 - Check out XBMC master;
2 - Pull/merge Pieh's 3D branch;
3 - Resolve conflicts.

Will these conflicts cause problems when running XBMC?
Hi,

i found that the fork from jaaps are the most complete 3d fork from xbmc frodo.

https://github.com/jaaps/xbmc
Hi Nogler,
I don't recommend using my Frodo branch, unless you also want to use spotify.
I've created a new branch called "3d" (which should now be the default branch) which contains the latest version straight from the official frodo branch with only changes made for 3D support.
I haven't tried compiling it yet but it should not cause problems. If there are any, leave a message and I'll look into it.

Thanks!
Enjoying Kodi on an ASUS Chromebox running openELEC. Also using a Fire TV Stick in the bedroom. Content is stored on a HP Proliant Microserver running unRAID
Hi jaaps!

Your 3D branch maintains the differences to the Pieh 3D? If i would like to watch a 3D movie side by side, can i do it with your implementation of 3D?

By the way, thanks for creating an updated 3D branch!
Hi

I have compiled your Frodo branch without problems (had only get the spotify c-code).
That is a very nice news. Thank you

@Splash44 In the source code is Over/Under and Side by Side implemented.
(2013-03-18, 23:26)Splash44 Wrote: Your 3D branch maintains the differences to the Pieh 3D?

Yes, it contains all of the changes made by pieh (and elupus) and also a minor change I added for switching directly between 3d tab/sbs/off with keymap or a python script.
You can use a xbmc addon to automatically turn on the right 3d mode with my branch. See earlier in this thread.
Enjoying Kodi on an ASUS Chromebox running openELEC. Also using a Fire TV Stick in the bedroom. Content is stored on a HP Proliant Microserver running unRAID
I've compiled your implementation of 3d, jaaps. Works great! Thanks.
Hi jaaps,
I'm reading your 3d patch, and noticed you set up different camera positions for each "eye". Unfortunately since all controls seem to be at the same z, this goes unnoticed. Is this something that can be configured in the skin, or are there more code changes necessary?
Having different z values for controls would be nice, but not really as important as having them for subtitles. Right now subtitles are at the same z as the video. Most 3d theaters put subtitles "closer", so that items poping out in the movie don't end up in front of subtitles as often.

I made a quick hack to get the subtitles to pop a little. Here is the patch if anyone finds it useful http://pastebin.com/cR38XgHH
Hi Turambar,

Just to make clear, I didn't create any of the changes except for adding an action for off/sbs/tab. The full credits go to pieh and elupus (see pieh's 3d branch for the changes made by them both).
I just merged those changes with the latest frodo.

About your work, looks good, I'm gonna try it out in the weekend. I'm currently using 3d subtitler for forcing them on the front by converting them to vobsub. One less step needed is always nice.
@Turambar: To have the possibility of changing the depth of the subtitles would be great, surely. I have one newbie question (regarding git matters, anyway): how can i apply the patch you created?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11