• 9(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
XBMC can't tell your beamer/TV to switch into 3D mode. Subtitles should work though (at least they do for me)
Here is an image of what it looks like in SBS setting. The menu (not visible in the screenshot) appears correctly, i.e. doubled - side by side:
which branch do you use? Give latest "official" (by elupus now) a try: https://github.com/elupus/xbmc/commits/3d
(2013-04-20, 21:55)plesken Wrote: @giaur - I had the same problem. Look on post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1401679 I hope you solve it Smile

It's reallly strange. I have a lot of 3d movies written to bluray discs as files. Of course, their names don't match and I want to watch them directly from blu ray disc, connected via usb. Does it mean there is nothing I can do to display gui correctly in my case? Is there any plans to make possible to switch gui manually on pi? I mean the same way as I can do this on my PC.
once 3D branch is in mainline the features should also work for the pi
What ETA can we expect to have 3D in mainline?

I can manage my own builds but it's easier if it's in mainline already Wink
@schumi2004 - you are already around here long enough to know the answer ... Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-24, 13:11)Memphiz Wrote: @schumi2004 - you are already around here long enough to know the answer ... Smile

Yeah i know but could always try it Wink

Couldn't find anything in roadmap related to 3D so was wondering if it's even considered to be implemented at all or would this question give me the same answer?
it's not ready for prime time yet. And if it will make it in time depends on how much time and motivation elupus has to work on it. It's not planned for Gotham, but so is no other feature - features just come when they are ready. That's how it's handled in XBMC.
(2013-04-23, 22:54)schumi2004 Wrote: I can manage my own builds but it's easier if it's in mainline already Wink

Do you have any builds for pi you can share? I can build xbmc for my PC linux very easy, but unfortunatelly I'm still unsuccesful with pi
da-anda: I am using Slurms version from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100
Unfortunately, I have no development software installed, thus, and because I am lacking the knowledge to do it, I cannot compile my own version from github.

Can somebody help me with getting subtitles shown correctly in 3D hSBS / hOU on XBMC with dsplayer? (I need dsplayer, because I need SVP [smooth video project] to perform frame interpolation to 30 or 60 FPS, otherwise the movies become stuttering on my beamer in 120 Hz-3D mode)
(2013-03-26, 20:33)Turambar Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 20:07)da-anda Wrote: Nice to hear you're working on it. I'm also glad you're working on some z-index thingy. It's IMO no requirement for a first stable version, but ofc a nice gimmick. When you're working on the z-index stuff I might have one challenge for you. You might know that its possible in the skinning engine to "rotate" a plane in z-axis (no idea how this is called in the engine) - it at least looks visually like this http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/confl...hot004.jpg (see poster on the lower left). Really awesome would be if those transformations would have a depth perception Smile

I'll take a look at how at those transformations, I agree they would look awesome in 3D.
Here is what I have so far if anyone is interested (if you have glasses, download full resolution and look at them full screen):
Red/Cyan Anaglyph version:

3D Monitor Top/Bottom version:

Hey Turambar . can you please share the skin. or share the method you used to add depth to it.

Thank you
(2013-04-07, 23:45)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 20:33)TeKo Wrote: Nope no errors. I'm getting a debug log later where I just start xbmc and play a video.

Here is a plain 3D Frodo build for windows without any other patches. Hope it works fine with boblight plugin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk7g9sgxreh9ns...07d-dx.exe

Hi Slurm,

any chances of a fresh 12.2 build with 3D support and without other patches like DSPlayer? Would be awesome! Smile

Cheers,
Cassiel
Raspberry Pi support is definitely not working, I've tested xbmc 12.1, 12.2 and latest xbmc 13. You are right: setting resolution to 1920x540 casuses my tv to automatically switch to 3D over-under mode and xbmc gui is displayed correctly.

But, unfortunatelly, movie is displayed incorrectly. Screen is over-under (this is good), but entire movie is displayed inside top screen part and bottom part is only black background. So, this won't be displayed correctly in 3D mode because movie is not full screen.

Since I'm not interested in side by side movies, I didn't tested them, but over under support is useless today. Are you going to add some fixes in mainline for raspberry pi?
(2013-04-07, 23:45)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 20:33)TeKo Wrote: Nope no errors. I'm getting a debug log later where I just start xbmc and play a video.

Here is a plain 3D Frodo build for windows without any other patches. Hope it works fine with boblight plugin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk7g9sgxreh9ns...07d-dx.exe
Hi Slurm
Thanks for that.
I am not very tecnical, but I love XBMC and have been using it as my media player since Xbox days.
These days, I have a Windows HTPC, and have just upgraded to an LG TV with passive 3d.
SBS movies play great through XBMC exept for the split subtitles and gui.
Your 3dD Frodo build looks like just the thing to solve those issues with my limited technical ability, as you have done all the compiling.
I have installed your build over my stock Frodo build,and it is working fine, but I am at a loss to know how to enable the 3d mode so that my gui and subtitles will be usable when playing an SBS movie, with the TV in 3D SBS mode.
I have tried including 3DSBS in the file name, and tried various keyboard keys, but the sub/idx subs, and the gui (play controls), all remain split and unusable.
Hope you can point me in the right direction
cheers
BMboomer
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11