• 10(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
First you should use Over Under 3D with your passive TV (Better resolution for more info just google it)

There is an addon by jaaps that switches to 3D mode automatically.

If you tell me your file names and I can adjust the addon or you can just do it yourself.

You need something like "Moviename 3D HSBS/HOU" so the addon knows if t has to switch to OU or SBS.
(2013-05-04, 13:37)TeKo Wrote: First you should use Over Under 3D with your passive TV (Better resolution for more info just google it)

There is an addon by jaaps that switches to 3D mode automatically.

If you tell me your file names and I can adjust the addon or you can just do it yourself.

You need something like "Moviename 3D HSBS/HOU" so the addon knows if t has to switch to OU or SBS.

Hi Teko
Thanks for the advice
I haven't got any over/under movies yet, but I'm working on that.
I'm not sure how to adjust Jaaps addon, so I downloaded it as a zip file, and installed it as is, into Slurm's 3D Frodo build.
XBMC said it was installed and enabled
I had a look at the default.py, and I renamed a 3D movie to "John Carter 3D H-SBS.mkv" to match what is allready in the default.py
I've tried playing the movie, but no difference to the subs or gui, when the TV is set to SBS the movie is merged and looks great, but subs and play controls still get split and unusable.
in the README.md of Jaaps addon, it says "NOTE: This script only works using a modified XBMC version!"
Should it work on Slurms 3D Frodo build?
Would it make any difference that I didn't uninstall the previous Frodo, I just installed Slurm's build over it?
It also says "Replace '3D Movies' in default.py at line 10 with your own path/regex for your 3D content."
I'm not quite clear on what is meant by path/regex so I just left it as is. I don't know if that is preventing it from working.
your help is greatly appreciated
cheers
BMboomer
The addon is looking for "3D Movies" you either change your files or change it in the .py.

Im using it with this windows version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk7g9sgxreh9ns...07d-dx.exe

Dont know if it works with every 3D branch.
Frordo 12.2 clean with 3D patch - Windows - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc29ca023hif1n...2.2.3D.exe
(2013-05-05, 03:46)TeKo Wrote: The addon is looking for "3D Movies" you either change your files or change it in the .py.

Hi TeKo
Thanks again for your help
I've put my movies in subfolders of a folder called "3D Movies", and made sure that they all have H-SBS somehwere in the file names, and tried them in Slurm's 3D Frodo build, and I'm happy to tell you that the 3D mode is switching on fine now, without me making any alterations to the .py in Jaaps addon.
The play controls split in two when I start playing a 3D movie and merge together when I put the TV into 3D SBS mode. The subtitles do so also and even have a 3D look to them, so long as they are .srt subs, so all that is wonderful.
I'm still having issues with sub/idx subs. They are still behaving as they were. I'm wondering if it's something to do with them being image based, whereas .srt is text based.
Any ideas about that?
Cheers
BMboomer
(2013-05-06, 11:31)BMboomer Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 03:46)TeKo Wrote: The addon is looking for "3D Movies" you either change your files or change it in the .py.

Hi TeKo
Thanks again for your help
I've put my movies in subfolders of a folder called "3D Movies", and made sure that they all have H-SBS somehwere in the file names, and tried them in Slurm's 3D Frodo build, and I'm happy to tell you that the 3D mode is switching on fine now, without me making any alterations to the .py in Jaaps addon.
The play controls split in two when I start playing a 3D movie and merge together when I put the TV into 3D SBS mode. The subtitles do so also and even have a 3D look to them, so long as they are .srt subs, so all that is wonderful.
I'm still having issues with sub/idx subs. They are still behaving as they were. I'm wondering if it's something to do with them being image based, whereas .srt is text based.
Any ideas about that?
Cheers
BMboomer
Im not using subtitles so I dont really know.

Thanks skydancer for the build.
@Slurm
Which patch are you using, the one from OP ?
(2013-05-07, 22:53)schumi2004 Wrote: @Slurm
Which patch are you using, the one from OP ?

I've used this patch for my 12.1 build:

(2013-04-01, 13:40)giaur Wrote: I've compiled this: https://github.com/andresi/xbmc and I have 12.1 version number.
@Slurm
Thanks. I ran into a few issues for builds that need XVBA patch (3D changes conflicts) other builds is not an issue.
guys, use branch from elupus and you don't need that addon. In his branch, XBMC uses the MKV meta tag info to detect the 3D mode of the movie and if that fails extracts it from the filename. GUI is switched to correct 3D mode automatically. Also you can convert a SBS movie f.e. to TAB, anaglyph (currently only on linux, windows doesn't work) etc. And if you have a passive 3D TV and happen to run a linux XBMC you can also switch to 3D interlaced mode so that you don't have to do the extra switch on your TV (AFAIK work is being done for windows, but it's a lot more complicated with Direct3D - hail to OpenGL). The only thing missing is a 3D on/off toggle/cAction + overall improvements and fixes for Windows and the rPI.
Quote: In his branch, XBMC uses the MKV meta tag info to detect the 3D mode of the movie and if that fails extracts it from the filename. GUI is switched to correct 3D mode automatically.
Good idea, but not very useful. The tag you are talking about is not very "popular". Also, hsbs, htab is not popular as well (honestly, I've never seen "htab", or "hsbs", I can see half.sbs, hou instead). I think the best way is letting user to configure keywords to be used, and of course - manual selection should also be possible.

Quote:And if you have a passive 3D TV and happen to run a linux XBMC you can also switch to 3D interlaced mode so that you don't have to do the extra switch on your TV (AFAIK work is being done for windows, but it's a lot more complicated with Direct3D - hail to OpenGL).
It sounds good - do you mean I can manually force xbmc to convert over under movie to interlaced mode? If so, there is no need to switch tv to 3D mode at all. But I'm afraid that conversion 1080p to interlaced mode on the fly would cause very high CPU load, am I right? Or it's done by GPU?

Quote:The only thing missing is a 3D on/off toggle/cAction + overall improvements and fixes for Windows and the rPI.
Please, fix rPI official branch... it's broken for over under movies currently (as I wrote a few posts earlier).
(2013-05-08, 19:07)da-anda Wrote: guys, use branch from elupus and you don't need that addon. In his branch, XBMC uses the MKV meta tag info to detect the 3D mode of the movie and if that fails extracts it from the filename. GUI is switched to correct 3D mode automatically. Also you can convert a SBS movie f.e. to TAB, anaglyph (currently only on linux, windows doesn't work) etc. And if you have a passive 3D TV and happen to run a linux XBMC you can also switch to 3D interlaced mode so that you don't have to do the extra switch on your TV (AFAIK work is being done for windows, but it's a lot more complicated with Direct3D - hail to OpenGL). The only thing missing is a 3D on/off toggle/cAction + overall improvements and fixes for Windows and the rPI.

I use everything I get a compiled windows version of Wink

And I agree with the TAB thing, I have never seen anyone call it TAB its pretty much always (H)OU.

I dont really se the benefit of converting SBS to OU in XBMC but yea I guess its good to have a lot of features.

Not having to switch the TV to 3D would be really cool.
(2013-05-08, 22:03)TeKo Wrote: And I agree with the TAB thing, I have never seen anyone call it TAB its pretty much always (H)OU.
I don't have much 3D stuff and am used to call it TAB - the filename parser is using the same logic as it's been used in the rPI branch.

(2013-05-08, 22:03)TeKo Wrote: I dont really se the benefit of converting SBS to OU in XBMC but yea I guess its good to have a lot of features.
Well, there is ofc not really a benefit to convert from (H)OU to SBS, but to interlaced and anaglyph. Otoh, you might be able to tell your TV to automatically switch to SBS mode when you press the 3D button and in that case converting everything to SBS f.e. would be helpful.

Quote:It sounds good - do you mean I can manually force xbmc to convert over under movie to interlaced mode? If so, there is no need to switch tv to 3D mode at all. But I'm afraid that conversion 1080p to interlaced mode on the fly would cause very high CPU load, am I right? Or it's done by GPU?
exactly, no need to switch your TV into 3D mode, and it's done in GPU AFAIK. In OpenGL builds some "stipple" thing is used, but this feature is not available in Direct3D.
(2013-05-08, 19:07)da-anda Wrote: guys, use branch from elupus and you don't need that addon. In his branch, XBMC uses the MKV meta tag info to detect the 3D mode of the movie and if that fails extracts it from the filename. GUI is switched to correct 3D mode automatically. Also you can convert a SBS movie f.e. to TAB, anaglyph (currently only on linux, windows doesn't work) etc. And if you have a passive 3D TV and happen to run a linux XBMC you can also switch to 3D interlaced mode so that you don't have to do the extra switch on your TV (AFAIK work is being done for windows, but it's a lot more complicated with Direct3D - hail to OpenGL). The only thing missing is a 3D on/off toggle/cAction + overall improvements and fixes for Windows and the rPI.
Thanks for clarifying! Until all that stuff works on Windows I'm using 3D builds with faster channel switching in combination with the 3D add on made by Slurm et al. Wink
Does anyone know which commits are actually for 3D in Elupus branch/fork ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11