WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-05-20, 18:21)baijuxavior Wrote: I too felt 'Stereoscopic 3D Mode' setting is not essential for the same reasons as you mentioned. Will be removed.

If user closes xbmc in 3d mode, then next time it will start in the last used 3d mode. That is why I added 'Always start XBMC in 2D mode' so that user can select which option is needed. Will be removed so that xbmc will always start in 2d mode. Anyway who wants to see xbmc in a split window at startup?
exactly. If this should be configurable at all it could be moved to advancedSettings, but I really don't see a need for this atm. 2D on startup is a good default for now, and autoswitch/detection of 3D playback makes the 'Stereoscopic 3D mode' gui setting obsolete.

(2013-05-20, 18:21)baijuxavior Wrote: 'Preferred playback mode of 3D movies' - Options 2D and 3D can be added. For option 'Ask', how about displaying a selection message with the title '3D movie detected' and options 'Play in 3D' and 'Play in 2D' just like 'Resume from Stopped Position' and 'Start from beginning'.
fine with me, but I'd make the dialog message a bit more descriptive to be of better value for non-geeks.

(2013-05-20, 18:21)baijuxavior Wrote: I added another setting 'Automatically Switch to 3D mode' which I think can be replaced with 'Preferred playback mode of 3D movies'
yes

(2013-05-20, 18:21)baijuxavior Wrote: There isa bug with subtitles in OU mode. The upper subtitle is positioned somewhat in the middle of the upper frame and so the two subtitles are never merged. I found this in FullHD TV resolution. In my 720p laptop it works correctly.
Didn't have issues so far IIRC. What kind of subtitles was it? SRT?

I have some more ideas to make the 3D experience better, but let's first get the technical requirements in before tweaking the UI/skins Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PATCH]3D Subtitles for half/full SBS and over/under ( - by da-anda - 2013-05-21, 09:36
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11