• 15(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-05-24, 10:11)giaur Wrote: What do you think about this: create separate tab for 3D settings and place all settings there (yes, including keywords too). Just the same schema as LiveTV - enabled/disabled switch (because not all people need this functionality) and the rest options in the same window.

I don't think "Video Output" page is good place to place to 3d settings. It's good if there are 2-3 options for 3d but it seems there are much more settings posible. Thus, to avoid mess on video output settings page, there are 2 solutions: move some options found as "not critical" to advancedsettings file (as you proposed), or simply create separate settings page for 3D only and move all 3d options there. Since I really don't like editing any text files (the worst thing: I need to restart program to see any changes), I think the second solution is better and also, more intuitive.

I like this Wink I hope this will be accepted by xbmc dev people.
as said - no detection tag editing in GUI. This is a advanced setting and as of now has to move there. Once we decide to add some of the advanced settings to the GUI this can be considered, but until then it has to go. We don't have any other of our regular expressions, file extensions or scraper settings in GUI and 3D file tag parsing stuff doesn't belong there neither.
Point is, the default setting should be as generic as possible and work for 99% of users, based on current scene standards. So there should be no need to edit that stuff, but could be done in edge cases.

@position of 3D settings
sorry, but stereoscopic 3D IMO is a subsection of the video output and not a top level section. Also parts of those settings are playback related and thus not really a global system setting, but I also don't want to split the 3D settings and move parts to several places. This needs some more thoughts.
I don't really understand your point of view.

Quote:I also don't want to split the 3D settings and move parts to several places
I think better solution is group all 3D stuff on one page.

If this is not global setting, it should be available during playback only. So the only correct place is video settings window - as I proposed already. In global settings - only switch to enable/disable all 3D stuff and possibly option like "preffered 3d mode". As a matter of facts, this is entirely movie specific options (almost all of them).

There is none to think about imho. For example, you don't want to setup subtitle offeset in global xbmc preferences, so why do you want to setup 3D subtitle depth there? Movie 3D type - the same. This is typical only movie specific.
(2013-05-25, 10:34)da-anda Wrote: as said - no detection tag editing in GUI. This is a advanced setting and as of now has to move there. Once we decide to add some of the advanced settings to the GUI this can be considered, but until then it has to go. We don't have any other of our regular expressions, file extensions or scraper settings in GUI and 3D file tag parsing stuff doesn't belong there neither.
Point is, the default setting should be as generic as possible and work for 99% of users, based on current scene standards. So there should be no need to edit that stuff, but could be done in edge cases.

@position of 3D settings
sorry, but stereoscopic 3D IMO is a subsection of the video output and not a top level section. Also parts of those settings are playback related and thus not really a global system setting, but I also don't want to split the 3D settings and move parts to several places. This needs some more thoughts.

agreed.

@giaur: I see your point where 3D in XBMC is a fancy new thing for now which deserves its own settings dialogue and advanced settings and stuff. But what happens when 3D in XBMC is reality? Maybe only 5% of my videos are 3D, this does not qualify for an own settings dialogue.Apart from that: The Majority of XBMC users don't even have a 3D TV, they dont want to have those settings...
Quote:Maybe only 5% of my videos are 3D, this does not qualify for an own settings dialogue.Apart from that: The Majority of XBMC users don't even have a 3D TV, they dont want to have those settings...
I agree. So that's why I said, there should be switch to make possible to to disable all 3D stuff. When disabled - no additional options in video settings window. The same as vdpau - when disabled or not available - no "vdpau sharpness" and the rest options available.

So - if someone is interested in 3D (like me, for example), he can enable "3D engine" and addidional options for 3d in video menu will appear. The rest of people will have it disabled and no mess that is not needed.

Another thing to think about is: if it's worth to implement all of this in situation when most of xbmc users are probably not interested in 3d and will have 3d stuff disabled? I think it' worth - thread like this can show you, that there is "demand" for 3D. Even if 3d users are minority of xbmc users, still many people are interested in this.

Probably my idea is not good enouh, but I don't have any better. But I think I have a lot of "practice", because most of movies I'm watching on my PC are 3D .
Why not place the extra settings in a python script?
@giaur - please note that 3d-format detection by filename is also ONLY required for 3D-movies that are not MKV or don't have the according flag in the MKV header, which should be the minority of 3D movies around. So there is really no need to be able to change the naming scheme in GUI
Quote:@giaur - please note that 3d-format detection by filename is also ONLY required for 3D-movies that are not MKV or don't have the according flag in the MKV header, which should be the minority of 3D movies around.
From my personal experience - almost all 3d movies are mkv and almost all don't have any 3D tag. To make movie to be autodetected as 3D I need to remux it (to add corect 3d tag) or change filename (if needed). Changing file name is easier though.

It's not any big problem if I have to adjust keywords in some text file. It even isn't any problem when autodetect doesn't work - but there should be handy switch to set 3D mode manually, ideally if it's possible with mouse (without need to use keyboard).
you don't have to remux - simply use the "header editor" of mkvtoolnix - two clicks and done.
None of the mkv 3d movies in my collection have 3d tags. Editing the movie name is much easier than remuxing.

Since now xbmc has various levels of user privileges, these settings can be moved to the advanced level. The 3d detecion tags can be added to a python script like the one by 'jaaps'.

Another feature I would like to have is flipping the frames. I have to completely recode a movie just because the left right frames were reversed.
I think @giaur is right. I'd like to have options to enable/disable 3D. Example? I have 3D movie OU, and I'd like to watch it on TV 2D, so I have to have options to enable/disable 3D to correct signal on TV. I think there are a lot of examples for accept this idea.
@Hasu0bs - you don't need 3D, and you have written that most people don't have 3D, but I think the XBMC as the best of media center, should add this functionality.
I agree with proposition of enable/disable 3D settings, and set it up disable as default. The keyboard use is too primitive.
i pushed an updated branch a few minutes ago. fixed a bug with matroska internal 3d tag detection. you may want to rebase. It is also based on the code that will go into xbmc when we merge buffered rendering.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-05-25, 14:18)baijuxavior Wrote: None of the mkv 3d movies in my collection have 3d tags. Editing the movie name is much easier than remuxing.

Since now xbmc has various levels of user privileges, these settings can be moved to the advanced level. The 3d detecion tags can be added to a python script like the one by 'jaaps'.

Another feature I would like to have is flipping the frames. I have to completely recode a movie just because the left right frames were reversed.

@baijuxavior - I think that 3d detection should to be add as c++ code, not python script.
(2013-05-25, 14:24)elupus Wrote: i pushed an updated branch a few minutes ago. fixed a bug with matroska internal 3d tag detection. you may want to rebase. It is also based on the code that will go into xbmc when we merge buffered rendering.

@elupus - this is a amazing news. I will recompile and test it soon Smile. Did you think to add switch 3d signal from SBS/OU to 3D frame pack? Bino realized it by change resolution of X server. I have no idea how to do it. The OMXPlayer and RPi based on broadcam "x server" so it is possible. I think this option is very desired, because the "full" sbs/ou movies will be display with full resolution and quality.
Next example are two videos muxed in matroska (L & R), or separate files of movie (file L, file R). Bino play it very well, that's why this functionality is needed in XBMC. I suggest to look how bino works, and add most functions to XBMC.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11