• 16(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Quote:Next example is two videos muxed in matroska (L & R)
Is this possible? Really?

Quote:I suggest to look how bino works, and add most functions to XBMC.
The main problem with Bino is that it doesn't use any hardware decoding, unfortunatelly.
(2013-05-25, 14:52)giaur Wrote:
Quote:Next example is two videos muxed in matroska (L & R)
Is this possible? Really?

Sure. I have several movies muxed in this method.

(2013-05-25, 14:52)giaur Wrote:
Quote:I suggest to look how bino works, and add most functions to XBMC.
The main problem with Bino is that it doesn't use any hardware decoding, unfortunatelly.

I only suggest to analize it and get interesting functions Smile
(2013-05-25, 14:18)baijuxavior Wrote: None of the mkv 3d movies in my collection have 3d tags. Editing the movie name is much easier than remuxing.

Since now xbmc has various levels of user privileges, these settings can be moved to the advanced level. The 3d detecion tags can be added to a python script like the one by 'jaaps'.
We don't use the "advanced" level yet IIRC (at least not yet for stuff coming from advanced settings) and it's not even sure if it's being kept. Thus, move that stuff to advanced settings FOR NOW! I didn't say they have to stay there, but unless we moved any other of the current advanced settings into GUI this will be blocked - trust me.
For the settings integration - I had some thoughts about it for which I'd like to get your guys opinions. My proposal would be:

a) Add a global toggle for "enable stereoscopic 3D support/features" to "Setting -> System -> Video"
b) if toggle enabled, show the "stereoscopic 3d mode" spinner which reflects the current 3D mode of the GUI below the toggle so that there is always a way to turn 3D mode off and switch GUI back to 2D rendering (even if nothing is playing etc)
c) move the playback related 3D settings to "Settings -> Video -> Playback" divided by a horizontal bar (own group). Those are:
* preferred playback mode
* preferred 3D mode for playback
* turn off 3D mode when playback stoped
d) move subtitle depth settings to "Settings -> Video -> Subtitles"
e) only show any 3D related settings if the global "enable stereoscopic support" toggle is ticked

I know we split up the 3D related settings into chunks by that, but it's IMO the correct thing to do to move them to the same location as anything else related to playback and subtitles. What you think?
Can I add the mkv 3d tag without remuxing? I couldnt find anything in mkvpropedit.
Should be - the "header editor" GUI from "MkvMerge GUI" should basically be a UI for mkvpropedit, and there I can set the flag.

edit: if you prefer the console, try
Code:
mkvpropedit --edit track:1 -s stereo-mode=[MODE] [YOURVIDEO.mkv]
see http://matroska.org/technical/specs/inde...StereoMode for the correct value for [MODE]
The thread title is now more significant.
(2013-05-25, 17:12)baijuxavior Wrote: The thread title is now more significant.

yeah Smile
Is full SBS , the same as full 3d on bluray?
It also seems that you guys already figured out how to display all? but just talking about how to implement options? Or is that a fata morgana?
Smile
no, full-SBS is not the same as 3D blurays (blurays have one video stream with the full picture and one with only the differences for the other eye AFAIK). 3D blurays still won't work atm - IIRC ffmpeg is missing decoding support for this format.
Ah i see, thx for clearing this out !
(2013-05-25, 15:38)da-anda Wrote: if toggle enabled, show the "stereoscopic 3d mode" spinner which reflects the current 3D mode of the GUI below the toggle so that there is always a way to turn 3D mode off and switch GUI back to 2D rendering (even if nothing is playing etc.)
This is not bad idea, but this spinner should be skin independent (I mean it should not be part of skin).

(2013-05-25, 15:38)da-anda Wrote: I know we split up the 3D related settings into chunks by that, but it's IMO the correct thing to do to move them to the same location as anything else related to playback and subtitles. What you think?
I'm not so sure that it's better than separate page for 3D. But, what can I say? It doesn't really matter where will you put this options, every person has his own point of view. For me personally, both solutions (separate page for 3D or your solution) are acceptable. The most important is still how these functionalities works, not gui layout for them.
(2013-05-25, 17:54)da-anda Wrote: no, full-SBS is not the same as 3D blurays (blurays have one video stream with the full picture and one with only the differences for the other eye AFAIK). 3D blurays still won't work atm - IIRC ffmpeg is missing decoding support for this format.

The MVC streams are still decoded into a Frame Packed SBS or OU format though, but it's slightly different from the Full-SBS/OU people are used to: The HDMI 1.4 spec requires there to be a 45 pixel blank space between the two frames. Also, only the OU version of the Frame Packed format is mandatory in the HDMI 1.4 spec, the SBS version is optional.
(2013-05-25, 17:06)da-anda Wrote: Should be - the "header editor" GUI from "MkvMerge GUI" should basically be a UI for mkvpropedit, and there I can set the flag.

edit: if you prefer the console, try
Code:
mkvpropedit --edit track:1 -s stereo-mode=[MODE] [YOURVIDEO.mkv]
see http://matroska.org/technical/specs/inde...StereoMode for the correct value for [MODE]

Thanks, found it in mkvmerge.

Does the switching by flag actually work for windows (elupus 3d branch)
(2013-05-25, 14:23)plesken Wrote: @Hasu0bs - you don't need 3D, and you have written that most people don't have 3D, but I think the XBMC as the best of media center, should add this functionality.
I agree with proposition of enable/disable 3D settings, and set it up disable as default. The keyboard use is too primitive.
Don't get me wrong. i would love to see 3D in XBMC, I just don't see the need of populating the xbmc settings with options most users won't need. Thats exactly the purpose of advancedsettings.xml

(2013-05-25, 14:46)plesken Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 14:24)elupus Wrote: i pushed an updated branch a few minutes ago. fixed a bug with matroska internal 3d tag detection. you may want to rebase. It is also based on the code that will go into xbmc when we merge buffered rendering.

@elupus - this is a amazing news. I will recompile and test it soon Smile. Did you think to add switch 3d signal from SBS/OU to 3D frame pack? Bino realized it by change resolution of X server. I have no idea how to do it. The OMXPlayer and RPi based on broadcam "x server" so it is possible. I think this option is very desired, because the "full" sbs/ou movies will be display with full resolution and quality.
Next example are two videos muxed in matroska (L & R), or separate files of movie (file L, file R). Bino play it very well, that's why this functionality is needed in XBMC. I suggest to look how bino works, and add most functions to XBMC.

very much agreed! Frame-Pack mode is the way to go :-)

(2013-05-25, 19:15)sialivi Wrote: The MVC streams are still decoded into a Frame Packed SBS or OU format though, but it's slightly different from the Full-SBS/OU people are used to: The HDMI 1.4 spec requires there to be a 45 pixel blank space between the two frames. Also, only the OU version of the Frame Packed format is mandatory in the HDMI 1.4 spec, the SBS version is optional.

This is the way blu rays are sent from bluray player to the TV, not how they are saved on the disc itself...
(2013-05-26, 03:03)Hasu0bs Wrote: This is the way blu rays are sent from bluray player to the TV, not how they are saved on the disc itself...

That's what I said.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11