• 22(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Did you try the mkv tag "2 - top-bottom (right eye is first)"?

Option to swap eyes is must have for sbs and ou movies. Recently I have to reencode one sbs movie since the eyes were swapped and my 3dtv has no option to swap eyes. It took almost 7 hours to finish. If you use 3d mkv tags, the frames will appear in proper eye order for sbs and ou movies. It should be working for interlaced and anaglyph modes.

Interlaced is not useful for me as mine is active 3d. I have to manually switch the tv to 3d mode.
Quote: Recently I have to reencode one sbs movie since the eyes were swapped and my 3dtv has no option to swap eyes.
Really strange. So this option is needed in any case. Current engine can extract left/rigt eye image from movie, so adding this option should not be complicated?

Quote:Interlaced is not useful for me as mine is active 3d. I have to manually switch the tv to 3d mode.
Yes, I forgot about active displays. In this case there is no other solution, only manually switch tv to 3d mode. But for passive displays interlaced is really great. Another benefit is that xbmc gui can stay untouched (better quality rendering).
Could someone please release a 12.2 win 3d build with pvr addons? Thanks Smile
Hi

I've been testing last commit of elupus and it's working fine! I've noticed the icon of "3D" display only when the file is recognized as stereoscopic. So, what with the files (OU/SBS) from internet hosting (putlocker/hd3d...) where I can't change of name or header? I'd like to handle it on my plugin. Is it possible to switch stereoscopic mode via python script?

@elupus - do you plan add functionality to play 3d from muxed separate files (left and right) to one mkv file, or play from two separate files (left and right)?
I've read that the problem is on send 3d frame packing to tv. I really can't help - sorry, but I wish luck, because this is really important function.
(2013-06-09, 19:55)Cassiel Wrote: Could someone please release a 12.2 win 3d build with pvr addons? Thanks Smile

Any reason you cant just install PVR from the main?
(2013-06-09, 15:55)baijuxavior Wrote: Anyone noticed the huge gap (black bar) between top and bottom frames in o/u mode or is it just in my build only?

I doubt this is one reason why 3d subtitle depth is not working for o/u mode.

To me it looks like the movie youre playing is not exactly 16:9 and the black bar in the middle is double the height of the black bars at the top and bottom.
(2013-06-09, 20:47)TeKo Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 19:55)Cassiel Wrote: Could someone please release a 12.2 win 3d build with pvr addons? Thanks Smile

Any reason you cant just install PVR from the main?

It just won't work. All PVR addons are marked as defect. Sad
(2013-06-09, 19:20)giaur Wrote:
Quote: Recently I have to reencode one sbs movie since the eyes were swapped and my 3dtv has no option to swap eyes.
Really strange. So this option is needed in any case. Current engine can extract left/rigt eye image from movie, so adding this option should not be complicated?

This was before I came to know about XBMC 3D.

(2013-06-09, 19:56)plesken Wrote: Hi

I've been testing last commit of elupus and it's working fine! I've noticed the icon of "3D" display only when the file is recognized as stereoscopic. So, what with the files (OU/SBS) from internet hosting (putlocker/hd3d...) where I can't change of name or header? I'd like to handle it on my plugin. Is it possible to switch stereoscopic mode via python script?

This I have suggested earlier. You just need to edit the settings.xml file to show the 3D icon always.
(2013-06-09, 23:37)Hasu0bs Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 15:55)baijuxavior Wrote: Anyone noticed the huge gap (black bar) between top and bottom frames in o/u mode or is it just in my build only?

I doubt this is one reason why 3d subtitle depth is not working for o/u mode.

To me it looks like the movie youre playing is not exactly 16:9 and the black bar in the middle is double the height of the black bars at the top and bottom.

This black bar is always there when in OU mode. Just to get an idea play any 2d movie and change the gui to OU. In original OU movies there is no black bars but it is added only when the gui is switched to ou.
Not going to happen nor work - too many changes required (rendering system, ffmpeg version bump, ...). So either use a custom 3D build and wait until PVR is working again in master branch or stick with 12.2.

(2013-06-10, 05:01)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 19:56)plesken Wrote: Hi

This I have suggested earlier. You just need to edit the settings.xml file to show the 3D icon always.
wrong - this is skin specific - so you have to change the VideoOSD.xml of Confluence and remove the "VideoPlayer.IsStereoscopic" condition on that button. I might change that though (preparing a PR for this).

plesken Wrote:@elupus - do you plan add functionality to play 3d from muxed separate files (left and right) to one mkv file, or play from two separate files (left and right)?
I've read that the problem is on send 3d frame packing to tv. I really can't help - sorry, but I wish luck, because this is really important function.
AFAIK ffmpeg has to support it - nothing we can do. But I might be wrong.

@all
do you guys even read this thread? It's been already stated that interlaced mode is only available on linux yet (no builtin function for this in Direct3D unlike OpenGL). It's also been said that the feature to flip left/right eye is still missing.
baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 16:58)da-anda Wrote: @giaur - as long as your file has any flag like htab or hsbs and XBMC switches GUI into 3D mode, the movie should be displayed correctly. I tried to reproduce your issue, but without any luck - always worked fine (tab movie, no mkv meta tag, preferred stereo mode tab, filename contains "htab")

Did you try with a tab movie having no 3d tags in mkv and filename?
In this case video rendering is broken - yes. But giaur said it is also broken even when a 3D flag is in filename - and that was nothing I could reproduce.
@da-anda but I meant your repo. Code from your repo always produces wrong output for me (as on my screenshots) - does not matter if there is 3d tag inside mkv, or htab/hsbs keyword in filename. Can you reproduce this using your code (from your repo)?

As baijuxavior suggested, I downloaded latest elupus code and added some fixes maunally. After this, everything seems to be work fine. But I didn't test elupus code without baijuxavior's fixes so I can't say how does it work.

Small summary - all of this looks like quite good and usable (after fix rendering issues), last remaining option for me is ability to swap eyes, most important for interlaced (and probably anaglyph) output. Just for curiosity - is this possible to add interlaced ouptut on raspberry pi?
@giaur
also couldn't reproduce with my repo. And if it required the fixes of baijuxavior, the detection by filename fails in your case.

As for the left/right issue. This feature will be added later. But I'm curious about your swapped eyes in interlaced mode. Does the movie look correct in SBS/OU? If so, then interlaced conversion uses the wrong order by default and we need to fix it. If your video source is in general right/left instead of left/right and you have to swap eyes on your TV as well, then interlaced works correctly.

About raspberry - sorry, no idea how it copes with HW decoders. Interlacing is done by OpenGL, so the weak CPU of the pi wouldn't be an issue here.
Quote:also couldn't reproduce with my repo.
Hmm, so it's really weird, using code from your repo I have never have any movie rendered correctly...

Quote:Does the movie look correct in SBS/OU?
Yes, in this case everything is correct. I have option in my monitor 3d settings to swap eyes - but all movies looks like correctly with default settings. In this case xbmc seems to leave movie untouched, so - since movie is encoded correctly, it looks good.

Quote: If so, then interlaced conversion uses the wrong order by default and we need to fix it
Probably there is wrong order. But, the worst is that it can depend from used 3d screen model? So the same interlaced mode can look good on some screens and bad on other screens. That's why I think swap eyes function is so important here.
no, I don't think the interlacing changes from vendor to vendor as I can even use glasses form the cinema on my LG TV - so there seems to be some sort of standard (Real3D I think). But you're right - there might be other standards out there - but most spread should be real3D I think.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11