WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-06-16, 17:15)elupus Wrote: Soo.. i've reworked the setting a bit. I know da-anda doesn't like it too much. But let's get some other opinions.

* There now only exist one setting for the preferred stereoscopic mode, which doubles as system stereoscopic mode if we want to always run stereoscopic.
* I've removed the "has stereoscopic" setting, since imho we should not hide the feature. people with non stereoscopic systems want the 2d setting anyway
* If you switch modes with no video playing (using keyboard shortcuts and such) that will change system mode, otherwise only current for the video
* i've added preliminary support for modifying the video's stereoscopic mode in the video osd. This will enable the 3D osd button after you have selected a mode of the video (note, the setting is currently not remembered between playbacks).

I have set preferred stereoscopic mode as SBS and enabled 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode'. Now every time I start xbmc it starts in sbs mode. Usually we start XBMC with 3D off in TV and so we don't want to see the gui in stereomode at startup. If I disable 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode' option then xbmc will start normally, but then after stopping playback the gui is switched to normal mode which is not good as the TV is already set to SBS mode manually. The point is, we should either keep the option 'Stop stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped' or change the code to start xbmc in 2d mode always.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.73 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by baijuxavior - 2013-06-17, 05:24
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc4.7311