WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-06-17, 13:45)elupus Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 05:24)baijuxavior Wrote: I have set preferred stereoscopic mode as SBS and enabled 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode'. Now every time I start xbmc it starts in sbs mode. Usually we start XBMC with 3D off in TV and so we don't want to see the gui in stereomode at startup. If I disable 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode' option then xbmc will start normally, but then after stopping playback the gui is switched to normal mode which is not good as the TV is already set to SBS mode manually. The point is, we should either keep the option 'Stop stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped' or change the code to start xbmc in 2d mode always.

Starting in 2d always then is likely the best solution. Alternatively we could ask on startup. But good point, that is something I hadn't really taken into consideration.
you only have to revert your change in CStereoscopicsManger::Initialize() which was basically added to NOT start/resume XBMC in stereo mode.

btw - should we make STEREO_MODE_OFF behave like STEREO_MODE_MONO (2D) and drop the later now that we can change/define the stereo mode of the video independently? I'd add a little notification icon for like 5 seconds to stereoscopic videos played in 2D to inform users that this video can also be viewed in 3D.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by da-anda - 2013-06-17, 13:56
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11