• 25(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-06-18, 16:22)da-anda Wrote: inverting is working fine for me on windows, any more details on your setup and test video?

And personally I don't think that we should turn on stereo mode if one is changing that setting, could also be by accident and then he's "trapped" in stereoscopic mode. As this setting is persisted, it's only a one-time thing for each movie anyways and should also only be necessary on rare occasions, and in those it's really not that complicated to jump to the 3D button in VideoOSD and toggle stereo mode manually.

Tested again. Inverting works, but if I change the stereo mode of the movie a few times, the playback halts. I can stop the playback and open another movie but the display is blank. Might be some problem with my test laptop having intel gpu. Didn't test it in my htpc. I think this probelm is random also.

I am not bothered about autoswitching of gui as all my 3d movies are properly tagged, but a layman may find it difficult why the gui is not switched even after selecting a 3d mode. Yes he can then select the stereo mode from the 3D osd menu but that is three clicks.

(2013-06-18, 22:31)frunderhill Wrote: Just wanted to report back in, got it compiled and installed. Slicker than snot on a doorknob! Loving the 3d subs. None of my videos are autodetecting, but I know I saw a post a while back showing how to edit the mkv header, so I'll check that out and report back.

Thanks for this, really makes a big difference.

There are two options to make the autoswitch work
1. Name the files to include the 3D keywords like HSBS, HTAB etc.
2. Edit the mkv header to specify the 3D mode. This is useful as you don't have to rename all the files and rescan again. It is also useful if the eyes are swapped as xbmc will automatically invert the frames. But this supports only mkv files.

Slightly OT - Yesterday, I tested a movie from the usb port of my Sony 3DTV for the first time since I bought it and to my surprise it automatically detected the movie to be stereo and switched to 3D mode. The movie was a half sbs mp4 clip as mkv is not supported. So it has no detection tags. I wonder how the TV recognized the movie to be stereo? Resolution? Can we incorporate this in xbmc so that we don't need to specify any type of 3d tags?
Perhaps SEI FPA bit in the header? It's supported by h.264 codec, so I think containter type doesn't matter. Or tv anlyzes image content? But I don't think ffmpeg/libavcodec etc supports this.
(2013-06-19, 09:20)giaur Wrote: Perhaps SEI FPA bit in the header?
right. My TV (Philips, model 2012 year) also detect 3D movie by mkv tag and/or SEI FPA. But if both of them is present then the TV playback the movie in mono (left eye).
Any chance for 3D stuff to be included in xbmc 13? How do you think, is this even possible?
*sigh* - how often do you guys ask this? For the last time - it's ready when it's ready. We/I plan to get it in, but no promises. We already created a PR, which means that we want other devs to have a look at it and ofc that we want that thing to be included asap. We made pretty good progress and only a few small things are missing (at least form what I had in mind). So chances are good for Gotham - it might even be merged in upcoming June merge window or August (still missing review of other devs) - but again, no promises/guarantee.
yeah its mentioned several times, this is in the running ..
no need to ask over and over Smile
(2013-06-20, 14:20)da-anda Wrote: *sigh* - how often do you guys ask this? For the last time - it's ready when it's ready.

Of course Wink Just asked what do you think when you are looking at current progress. I'm not asking for any guarantee.
This is great news. I've been hoping for something like this for many months (years ? Wink... )

I downloaded one of the compiled versions time ago... is it possible for someone to share (dropbox ?) one of the latest builds ?

Thanks a lot for the effort and congratulations for the result.. it is quite amazing

J
Tried compiling (elupus branch) but somehow the setup builder cant find the files in the VS2010Express folder, even tho they are there.
I'm asking twice because there is no response still... can you also add support for 3d pictures? JPS -> Interlaced will be really useful.
(2013-06-20, 19:58)TeKo Wrote: Tried compiling (elupus branch) but somehow the setup builder cant find the files in the VS2010Express folder, even tho they are there.

Did you try again? Which files are reported as missing?
(2013-06-22, 18:07)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 19:58)TeKo Wrote: Tried compiling (elupus branch) but somehow the setup builder cant find the files in the VS2010Express folder, even tho they are there.

Did you try again? Which files are reported as missing?

Downloading again now.

EDIT: Something fucked up with my: microsoft.cpp.default.props.
(2013-06-22, 18:26)TeKo Wrote: Downloading again now.

Hi TeKo,

Any luck? I tried the other day and had the same as you. Did a fresh download from GIT sort?

Cheers. Wink

EDIT: downloading again now myself.
(2013-06-23, 00:41)liquidskin76 Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 18:26)TeKo Wrote: Downloading again now.

Hi TeKo,

Any luck? I tried the other day and had the same as you. Did a fresh download from GIT sort?

Cheers. Wink

EDIT: downloading again now myself.

Nah, I redownloaded all the SDK stuff but its still not working.

Strange thing is I had no problem compiling XBMC 1-2 weeks ago. Dont think I changed anything.
For me compiled fine actual code by Elupus in windows 8 OS, it´s ok.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11