WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-07-06, 21:22)TeKo Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 20:57)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 01:35)TeKo Wrote: SBS and OU = full resolution.
HSBS and HOU = half resolution.

SBS looking like SD can only be something on your side... Im watching everything on a passive 55" and it looks closer to 1080p than SD or 720p.

I would bet you that you cant see the difference between for example a full OU rip in full bitrate to the source.

Dont you still need a passive set for full SBS? Or not? Not many passive 3d outs out there as far as i know.

Frame packing MVC is still ideal imo. Some might not care, but some of us do. With frame packing version its also cool you can switch between 3d and 2d version to watch what you want, a highly convenient feature not available for SBS OU.

Also as far as I know not many are doing full sbs and full OU successfully. And unless I am wrong wouldnt there still be quality loss.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113646

I dont really understand the first part.

You can watch 3D SBS and OU in 2D.

Im not saying framepacked 3D wouldnt be great, its just that ppl here make it look like XBMC is unuseable for 3D and converted files are unwatchable cause of quality loss.
Its just not true.

That was suppose to say to take advantage of full over under and sbs dont you need a passive 3d set? Not many 3d sets out there as far as i know, except LG and vizio. And dont you still loose vertical resolution?

Your right its not bad by any means and many wont mind and many probably dont mind SBS over under method, but like you said, many also would like and prefer frame packing. Its really up to the user i guess, I would rather just use the disc and watch in full frame packed resolution then if xbmc cant support it, others might not notice a difference at all and be perfectly happy with the other options.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by Ghostdivision - 2013-07-07, 23:28
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11