• 31(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
No it cannot play MVC. Just as before supported only those codecs that are supported by ffmpeg.
(2013-07-16, 15:31)afedchin Wrote: Requirements:
  • Fake full screen setting must be enabled in xbmc. (look in the Settings, System, Video output section and check the Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen setting)

Hi afedchin,

Many thanks for implementing this. A quick test last night proved pretty good! I'll test some more and report back with logs, etc if I find anything.

One thing relating to the requirements... when using the settings combination fake full screen and 24p via match refresh rate you get video stutter. It's an old bug/limitation. Here's pull request relating to it... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/747 . If you disable windows aero, I believe you get tearing on the GUI. Not sure if this is still a problem on Windows 8 with aero being given the boot!?? I'm planning on upgrading my htpc to win 8.1 preview so will let you know.

I expect you'll get bug reports from this, plus it will rule users out from being able to use it. Is fake full screen a definite requirement?

Cheers Wink
@liquidskin76,

First reason why we must use fake full screen because Intel S3D requires to use an overlay that can be used in windowed mode only. I think possible way to drop this requirement is to switch to fake full screen mode (if it's switched off in settings) for hardwarebased stereo mode and switch back to true full screen after playback is stopped.

Second reason is switching display into 3d mode by using Intel S3D possible in two ways: 1) in windowed mode is just simple switching and has no limitations. 2) in true full screen switching to 3d mode possible if display refresh rate equals 3d refresh rate only (Is it a bug Intel S3D or not. I don't know).

Edit: so If we implement auto switching to windowed mode for hw based stereo mode, second reason to require fake full screen is dropped.
(2013-07-17, 13:45)afedchin Wrote: I think possible way to drop this requirement is to switch to fake full screen mode (if it's switched off in settings) for hardwarebased stereo mode and switch back to true full screen after playback is stopped.

Hey afedchin,

If the setting combo 'fake full screen / match refresh rate' issue isn't present during Intel stereo mode, then go for it!

I'll check during stereo mode and let you know if it's there.

Thanks
(2013-07-17, 11:01)liquidskin76 Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 15:31)afedchin Wrote: Requirements:
  • Fake full screen setting must be enabled in xbmc. (look in the Settings, System, Video output section and check the Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen setting)

Hi afedchin,

Many thanks for implementing this. A quick test last night proved pretty good! I'll test some more and report back with logs, etc if I find anything.

One thing relating to the requirements... when using the settings combination fake full screen and 24p via match refresh rate you get video stutter. It's an old bug/limitation. Here's pull request relating to it... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/747 . If you disable windows aero, I believe you get tearing on the GUI. Not sure if this is still a problem on Windows 8 with aero being given the boot!?? I'm planning on upgrading my htpc to win 8.1 preview so will let you know.

I expect you'll get bug reports from this, plus it will rule users out from being able to use it. Is fake full screen a definite requirement?

Cheers Wink

Ok, so this doesn't appear to be a problem in Win8/8.1... all ok with fake full screen and 24p match refresh rate.

I just need to 'Win7/fake full screen/match refresh rate' in stereo mode to see if it happens, then we'll know if your switch to fake full screen on stereo mode fix will be good.

Thanks
I'll test fake full screen and 24p match refresh rate in stereo mode on win7
(2013-07-14, 11:57)baijuxavior Wrote: Anyone noticed a problem with music files detecting as stereoscopic? The file names don't have any 3D tags.

No one? I tried different mp3/wma/flac songs. Even after removing all tags these files are detected as 3D.

Other problems: sometimes the screen goes blank and video and audio stops. I have to restart xbmc. Also in fast moving or panning scenes the video stutters then it speeds up to catch the lost time which ruins the 3d experience.

I found a way to automatically switch Sony 3D TVs to SBS or OU mode. I will upload the required files if anyone wants to try.
(2013-07-20, 15:24)baijuxavior Wrote: I found a way to automatically switch Sony 3D TVs to SBS or OU mode. I will upload the required files if anyone wants to try.

Yes please!

Cheers Wink
Is it sony specific or did you just not try it with other TVs?
hm... I tested my version of xbmc on 24p (and 23.976) movies in fake full screen mode with adjust display refresh rate to match video and I haven't any issue with playback and I haven't video stutter in stereoscopic mode also.
(2013-07-22, 09:00)afedchin Wrote: hm... I tested my version of xbmc on 24p (and 23.976) movies in fake full screen mode with adjust display refresh rate to match video and I haven't any issue with playback and I haven't video stutter in stereoscopic mode also.

What version of Windows are you on? XP, Vista, Win7, or Win8? You'll only see it in Vista or Win7 with Aero on. With Aero off, you get tearing in GUI and during playback. Tested again last night.

Thanks. Wink
I tested it on Win7 with Aero on.
How are you handling audio... passthrough/bitstreaming or decode?
I don't know exactly but my audio settings are like at this picture

except audio output device and passthrough output device are same and it is WASAPI: PhilipsTV (HDMI).
Ignore that question anyway... doesn't make any difference! just tested myself.

Let me check something...

Thanks
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11