WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
3D Mode auto switch for Sony TVs

With the help of sony virtual remote control by falcosoft I can switch my Sony TV to SBS or OU mode automatically. Those who want to try it can download the script from https://app.box.com/s/3tuy0plh9gi89ebjppyc and install it from addons or extract the content to your addon folder. Follow the steps to configure the virtual remote:

1. Open the addon folder 'script.custom.sonytv3dmode' and double click the Vremote.exe file to start the virtual remote. Make sure that your TV is connected to the network and appearing as DLNA device. Select the TV device from the drop down list. Right click the remote control window and 'Register Server'. You can click on a button to see if the remote works. Click the power button to close the remote.

2. Open vremote.js file in notepad and change the time delay and number of times the IRCC command to be send to change the 3D mode to your preferred mode. I use SBS which needs two button clicks.

Code:
vr1.SendIRCC("AAAAAgAAAHcAAABNAw==");
WScript.Sleep(500);
vr1.SendIRCC("AAAAAgAAAHcAAABNAw==");

3. Double click vremote.js and see if the 3D mode is changed.

4. Open default.py in notepad and edit the lines

Code:
if re.search(r'3D', currentPlayingFile, re.I):
                response = os.startfile("C:\\Users\\baijuxavior\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.custom.sonytv3dmode\\vremote.js")

Here r'3D' is the file name condition to detect 3D file. You can add more specific conditions like r'3D.SBS'

5. In XBMC Video settings set the option 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' to 'on start/stop'. This will turn off the 3D mode when you stop playback.

Now play any 3D movie and see if the TV 3D mode is changed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by baijuxavior - 2013-07-23, 12:35
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11