WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-07-23, 07:37)afedchin Wrote: Hi liquidskin76,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I know that. With Intel S3D there are no problems.

So.. I did more complex testing with fake full screen + adjust refresh rate on 2D movies last night. I tested three versions of xbmc: version with Intel S3D, last nightly build and Frodo 12.2. And I have a couple of conclusions:
1) Issue is not depending on version of xbmc and it occurs on all versions but very rarely (on my hardware).
2) Issue occurs when I quickly start/stop playback (more faster than common behavior).
3) After some time the issue occurs on every playback, when I restarted PC and TV or I made a little change in video driver settings then issue disappears until ... look at 2nd conclusion.

So, very old bug still exists and switch to fake full screen before 3D playback will be the solution.

Hi afedchin,

One thing I've noticed with the way Intel switches to Stereo Mode is that it's not the smoothest or most elegant thing to look at! For example, with AMD's switching to AMD HD3D, you get a nice black screen whilst it's switching. With Intel, you a grey screen, then a black screen, then a smaller grey screen, then a flicker, etc. It's looks horrible!

Anyway, is that something you can cure with a fancy bit of coding? So you only see a plain black screen until playback starts?

Call it a job to improve the user experience!

Thanks Wink

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.73 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by liquidskin76 - 2013-07-25, 17:27
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc4.7311