WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
After further testing i found out that there's indeed a way to output Full HD 3D (1080p frame packing) on a Mac!

The trick is to set the display resolution to 1920 x 2205, 24Hz.
After that my 3D projector (JVC X30) automatically switches into 3D-mode (frame packed, Top over Bottom). Thanks to the guys over here for making that discovery!

So far so good...

If now i take a Full-SBS video (3840x1080) with Bino and set the output to HDMI-frame-packing-mode) i get a fullscreen and full HD video.

In XBMC i can select a new screen resolution named 1920x2205p (TOB). If i choose it, the projector again goes into 3D-mode and XBMC's gui is correctly displayed as TOB.

There are two issues:

1. XBMC plays the Full-SBS with wrong aspect ratio. I have to set it manually to 0.50 to play fullscreen.
2. Each time i want to switch to 3D/2D, i have to go into SETTINGS --> SYSTEM --> VIDEO OUTPUT --> DISPLAY and change the resolution.

So my two questions are:

Why is XBMC displaying the Full-SBS video in the wrong aspect ratio (Bino doesn't)?

Can this patch here be modified to automatically detect a Full-SBS video (3840x1080) and switch XBMC to 1920 x 2205?
Kodi Krypton
macOS Sierra 10.12
Mac mini (late 2012)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by bigbadrabbit - 2013-08-10, 10:53
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.