• 36(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
@elupus - can't we simply guess the correct AR and display resolution in case of FullSBS/OU resolutions? So anything 3840x1080 (or < 1080 if black bars are cropped) equals 1920x... and same with 1920x2160 (or < 2160 and > 1080). Should not make any trouble with 4k resolutions I think.
(2013-08-19, 13:13)da-anda Wrote: @elupus - can't we simply guess the correct AR and display resolution in case of FullSBS/OU resolutions? So anything 3840x1080 (or < 1080 if black bars are cropped) equals 1920x... and same with 1920x2160 (or < 2160 and > 1080). Should not make any trouble with 4k resolutions I think.

You could link it to the AR. There isn't anything with a AR greater than 32:9 as far as I know, so if AR >= 31:9; divide display width by 2. Though that would only work with full SBS files, not full OU.
First, I want to thank you all for the amazing work you are doing!

I have a small question however. When reading this thread, I stumbled upon (at the moment) four different branches which all implement 3D support in XBMC. If I read everything correctly, I should be using the branch of elupus, is this correct?
If so, what is the difference with the other branches (da-anda, baijuxavior, jaaps)?

https://github.com/elupus/xbmc/
https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/
https://github.com/baijuxavior/xbmc/tree/3d
https://github.com/jaaps/xbmc
I think you should use main xbmc repository, all 3D functionalities are there.
Use the xbmc main repository. 3D features are merged into it and are available in nightly versions..
timmione, the main development repo for the 3D features was the one from elupus (he did most of the work). Baijuavior and jaaps picked up the work form elupus (and pieh) once the development in his branch was stalled. I picked up the work from baijuxavior and everything else that floated around and tried to bring it in a "better" shape (less hacky) so that elupus can/will add it to his repo.
As of now all those repos are obsolete because as others already pointed out this work has been successfully merged into master and is available in our nightly builds (see our download section)
(2013-08-06, 16:05)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 13:35)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Is there some way to trigger this behavior (SBS GUI rendering) manually or is it scriptable (Applescript)?

First rename your movie files to include 3d tags like 3D.SBS or 3D.OU. The flags supported are:

m_stereoscopicflags_sbs = "3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS";
m_stereoscopicflags_tab = "3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB";

You can also define your own flags in advancedsettings.xml file.

Another option is to specify the 3D mode in the mkv header itself.

Then in xbmc system > settings > video output > set preferred stereoscopic mode to sbs or ou or same as movie.

In settings > video> playback > playback mode of stereoscopic files > preferred mode.

Now when you click a 3d file the gui will automatically switch to 3d mode.

So I was just reading back through the posts in this topic and I noticed the above. I’m currently using the latest Nightly but those options aren’t present. Was this just a feature of one of the recompiled versions, or is there a way to not have the GUI pop up each time a 3D movie is detected in the Nightly version?
:-P Some settings have been move to "Expert" in latest master builds. You can Toggle the setting difficuty in the left sidebar.
Thanks, that did it. Though the left sidebar menu isn't available on Aeon Nox so had to change back to default skin to see it, explains why I never knew that toggle existed.
Hi, I am catching up with this forum for Stereoscopic Full 3D support in XBMC. Will this feature be in the future official release of XBMC ? If so, will XBMC be able to play 3D MVC MKV ?
Thanks for your answers.
YES, the features are in mainline which means they will be in Gotham.
NO, MVC is not possible and probably will never be due to missing support in ffmpeg and licensing issues.

Only the 48257 time someone asked those questions. Undecided
Thank you for your answer :-)
That's a great news to eventually have the ability to play FULL SBS !
Is there a tool to convert a 3D ISO bluray into a full SBS without loss of quality ? (MAKEMKV can only do 3D MVC MKV).
A question

"3dbd" should be in filename to let xbmc auto recognize to play in 3D right?

Now i have all my 3D movies in a folder named "3D movies"
Is this enough to to let it auto recognize all movies which are in that folder to play 3D?
Or do i really have to rename all files?

thanks
You can define '3D movies' as a tag in advancedsettings.xml, but xbmc can't detect what type of 3D it is (SBS or OU). So renaming the files is recommended. Another option is to use mkv steroscopictags. For this use mkvmerge GUI > File > Header Editor > Drag drop mkv file > Video Track > Video Stereo Mode > Add Element and enter the code

Quote:Stereo-3D video mode (0: mono, 1: side by side (left eye is first), 2: top-bottom (right eye is first), 3: top-bottom (left eye is first), 4: checkboard (right is first), 5: checkboard (left is first), 6: row interleaved (right is first), 7: row interleaved (left is first), 8: column interleaved (right is first), 9: column interleaved (left is first), 10: anaglyph (cyan/red), 11: side by side (right eye is first), 12: anaglyph (green/magenta), 13 both eyes laced in one Block (left eye is first), 14 both eyes laced in one Block (right eye is first))
So if i leave it like it is..
all 3d movies in one folder..

it wont play it in 3D?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11