WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-12-31, 18:30)pavel.kuzub Wrote: 1. Switching between different mode movies:
Scenario 2: You Start playing 3DTAB or 3DSBS movie - XBMC will turn into proper Stereoscopic mode. Then, you go back to the list of movies and Start regular 2D movie, without previously stopping 3D movie. XBMC will not attempt to change Stereoscopic mode back to None and you end up watching 2D movie in one of the Stereoscopic modes. Only once you Stop playing movie - XBMC will switch back to none stereo mode. Behavior: BAD/Unexpected
Looks like implementation is dependent on solely OnPlay and OnStop events, however if you switch between the movies - you have multiple OnPlay events with no OnStop event between the movie switch.
Yes, you're right that XBMC currently relies on the onPlay/stop events of DVDplayer. Will have a look.

Quote:2. Stereoscopic mode change events:
I have not seen any event is generated when Stereoscopic mode is changed. I would like to detect when XBMC is changing Stereoscopic mode and I believe generating event would be preferable implementation. This is my feature request. Thank you
The stereomode XBMC is currently running in is stored in a setting and you can watch for it's change event (if it's exposed already via JSON or alike, not sure)

Quote:3. Switching TV to 3D mode:
I have Samsung TV UN55ES7500. Yes, "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" turns my TV into 3D mode, however input signal changes from 60p (my usual) to 24p or 23p (frame packed). It is great that is works, but my HTPC performance is downgraded in this mode significantly. Movie playback is slow, XBMC menu navigation is slow. I suspect this has to do with frame packing overkill. So turning 3D mode on TV this way is not acceptable for me from performance perspective.
This is not the case when I keep 60p on the output and simply switch TV into 3DTAB or 3DSBS mode.
well, it feels slower because it's rendering with 24fps and not 60fps, so XBMC seems to be slower but it's just a lower frame rate, your HTPC is not busier than with 60p/fps (in contrary it should use less CPU, depending on the performance of your HTPC). XBMC is not yet using frame packed format or alike as we can't (there is no cross plattform solution for this, nor is there any common API for this i.e. on Windows so we'd have to mess with vendor specific libraries)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by da-anda - 2014-01-02, 12:05
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11