• 51(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2014-01-02, 10:16)nickr Wrote: Is header editor part of mkvmerge?
well, you need mkvmerge GUI (probably separate download, not sure), in there you can open the header editor from the menu. And yes, no need to remux, simply change the flag via the header editor.

(2014-01-01, 00:33)nickr Wrote: Xbmc relies on the file naming to identify 3d. Read through this very thread for details.
not entirely true - XBMC is using filename detection if everything else failed to detect 3D.

(2014-01-01, 07:42)nickr Wrote: I'm pretty sure it is case sensitive, at least on the part that needs to match.
no, should not be case sensitive
Any chance of getting 3d builds of 12.3 for testing purposes? Smile
(2014-01-02, 05:47)PaulC2K Wrote: Now its finished, its given me a mk3d file, renaming it to mkv is fine, but XBMC doesnt even show the file when i look in the folder (regular source file/folder view). Im guessing this is something advancedsettings.xml could fix, but does anyone know if this particular file format will be added to the official build of Gotham?

I'm curious about this as well. Isn't mk3d a valid extension supported by xbmc?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-02, 15:23)Cassiel Wrote: Any chance of getting 3d builds of 12.3 for testing purposes? Smile
not possible, too much had to be changed to enable this feature. You have to use nightlies to test it.
Would someone be kind enough to explain how to edit just the MKV header for the 3D flag?
It'd be easier to go through all the 3D file that way, and rename to .mk3d manually.

I've also looked into advancedsettings.xml, i was thinking that was a standard file, not a user created one, so to tell XBMC that it can display mk3d files is fine. I was thinking any future install could overwrite my settings if it was a xbmc-created xml file. Muxing wouldnt be terrible, but if theres a easier way then i'm all for it, it took a while to figure out how to add the tag with mkvmerge and mux it as i couldnt find anything specific that explained it (maybe cos i was looking for stereoscopic when they just call it stereo mode).
paulc2k, open MKVMergeGUI (mmg.exe) and start the "header editor" from it's menu (File -> Header Editor [CTRL+E]). Open file you like to edit in the header editor, open the video track node and add/adjust the "Video stereomode" attribute. Then save it and you're done.
Thanks for that da-anda, thats so much easier Big Grin
I hadnt even noticed that there was a 'header editor' in the menu, i think the fact that the 'load file' wasnt in there had me confused and once i'd realised it was within the input tab i'd just gone through the muxing method and never really looked around the menus again.

Thanks
I'm writing a script to change the 3D mode on my TV.

Is there a way to retrieve the current stereoscopic mode from XBMC13?
Hello dennis,

I have the same intent, so as kapitan-iglu who has raised same question before (and received an answer):
Feature Request - Support for reading actual stereoscopic 3D mode of GUI for add-ons
What is the TV that you are writing addon for? I have Samsung TV and I have recently published by code at EventGhost forum: XBMC 3D Enabler Samsung TV. Now I am working towards having it as service addon, so that it is cross platform and self contained.

Dear Team XBMC,

So that we already have an ability to query StereoscopicMode via JsonRPC - we seems to are still missing a proper way to detect the event of the change itself. I am not a fan of polling as it will require a balance between polling overload and lag of reaction (certainly not immediate reaction here).

Feature Request: Can you please add JsonRPC Notification when StereoscopicsManager changes the stereoscopic mode?
This way a service addon could subscribe to xbmc Monitor onNotification and trigger the code when Stereoscopic mode change notification is made no matter if it was initiated by onPlay event, or manually by user in Settings menu.

Looking forward any other alternatives or suggestions. The key need is to trigger addon code immediately after "StereoscopicsManager: stereo mode changed to XXXXX". Thank you
(2014-01-05, 22:12)pavel.kuzub Wrote: Hello dennis,

I have the same intent, so as kapitan-iglu who has raised same question before (and received an answer):
Feature Request - Support for reading actual stereoscopic 3D mode of GUI for add-ons
What is the TV that you are writing addon for? I have Samsung TV and I have recently published by code at EventGhost forum: XBMC 3D Enabler Samsung TV. Now I am working towards having it as service addon, so that it is cross platform and self contained.

Dear Team XBMC,

So that we already have an ability to query StereoscopicMode via JsonRPC - we seems to are still missing a proper way to detect the event of the change itself. I am not a fan of polling as it will require a balance between polling overload and lag of reaction (certainly not immediate reaction here).

Feature Request: Can you please add JsonRPC Notification when StereoscopicsManager changes the stereoscopic mode?
This way a service addon could subscribe to xbmc Monitor onNotification and trigger the code when Stereoscopic mode change notification is made no matter if it was initiated by onPlay event, or manually by user in Settings menu.

Looking forward any other alternatives or suggestions. The key need is to trigger addon code immediately after "StereoscopicsManager: stereo mode changed to XXXXX". Thank you

As da-anda had stated, you should be able to query the Stereopic setting using JSONRPC.

For Example:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.GetSettingValue",  "params": { "setting": "videoscreen.stereoscopicmode" }, "id": 1}
This gives the setting from the video screen settings

According to settings, this is the following available modes.

Code:
static const struct StereoModeMap VideoModeToGuiModeMap[] =
{
  { "mono",                     RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF },
  { "left_right",               RENDER_STEREO_MODE_SPLIT_VERTICAL },
  { "right_left",               RENDER_STEREO_MODE_SPLIT_VERTICAL },
  { "top_bottom",               RENDER_STEREO_MODE_SPLIT_HORIZONTAL },
  { "bottom_top",               RENDER_STEREO_MODE_SPLIT_HORIZONTAL },
  { "checkerboard_rl",          RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  { "checkerboard_lr",          RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  { "row_interleaved_rl",       RENDER_STEREO_MODE_INTERLACED },
  { "row_interleaved_lr",       RENDER_STEREO_MODE_INTERLACED },
  { "col_interleaved_rl",       RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  { "col_interleaved_lr",       RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  { "anaglyph_cyan_red",        RENDER_STEREO_MODE_ANAGLYPH_RED_CYAN },
  { "anaglyph_green_magenta",   RENDER_STEREO_MODE_ANAGLYPH_GREEN_MAGENTA },
  { "block_lr",                 RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  { "block_rl",                 RENDER_STEREO_MODE_OFF }, // unsupported
  {}
};

The setting provides an integer starting at 0 for mono.

I haven't tested this myself..
@Pavel unfortunately there is no way around polling atm. Or you check only on playback start/stop which should be announced in python
(2014-01-06, 06:24)giftie Wrote: As da-anda had stated, you should be able to query the Stereopic setting using JSONRPC.

For Example:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.GetSettingValue",  "params": { "setting": "videoscreen.stereoscopicmode" }, "id": 1}
This gives the setting from the video screen settings
Hello giftie,

Reading the current Stereoscopic mode has been implemented with a bit different json that gives the actual string of the mode instead of emun. As has been explained earlier - enums may change, while strings should not.

Code:
import xbmc
import simplejson

def getStereoscopicMode():
    query = '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.GetProperties", "params": {"properties": ["stereoscopicmode"]}, "id": 1}'
    result = xbmc.executeJSONRPC(query)
    json = simplejson.loads(result)
    print json
    ret = 'unknown'
    if json.has_key('result'):
        if json['result'].has_key('stereoscopicmode'):
            if json['result']['stereoscopicmode'].has_key('mode'):
                ret = json['result']['stereoscopicmode']['mode'].encode('utf-8')
    #"off", "split_vertical", "split_horizontal", "row_interleaved", "hardware_based", "anaglyph_cyan_red", "anaglyph_green_magenta", "monoscopic"
    return ret

Now the problem is on actual detection of the change event.

da-anda Wrote:@Pavel unfortunately there is no way around polling atm. Or you check only on playback start/stop which should be announced in python

Hello da-anda,

Polling with jsonrpc querying is an overkill.
Only checking Play/Stop announcements is limiting addon functionality as Stereoscopic mode can be changed after Playback has started OR in System settings directly.

I can stick with a combination of both polling and Play/Stop announcements, but that is a workaround only.
Having announcement from StereoscipicManager would be perfect solution. Cheers
we know announcements are missing and will be added (for settings in general, not just stereoscopics), but unfortunately not for Gotham. And my C++ foo is not good enough so that I could have added it when I wrote the PR which added the current functionality to expose stereoscopic stuff to our interfaces.
(2014-01-05, 22:12)pavel.kuzub Wrote: Hello dennis,

Hi Pavel

I'm writing the addon for Panasonic Viera TV. Right now it changes the stereoscopic mode on the TV based on the file name.
It's not optimal and I as well would rather see a event based function for this.
(2014-01-07, 17:59)dennis Wrote: Hi Pavel

I'm writing the addon for Panasonic Viera TV. Right now it changes the stereoscopic mode on the TV based on the file name.
It's not optimal and I as well would rather see a event based function for this.

Do you plan on sharing this? I'd love to give it a try.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11