WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
@afedchin and anyone else interested.

Today a new beta version of the NVidia drivers was released, so I decided to try to install them and retry the InTru 3d version of XBMC again.

Lo and behold it works perfectly. I don't know if there was something in the drivers or if I had something set up incorrectly, but now it works.

However, it is not all roses. 3D Vision does not have a profile for XBMC and the default sets all the menus at quite a depth in the screen. This means that you need to use your 3D glasses at all times while using XBMC, or toggle the 3D mode off.

Toggling it on and off is not an ideal option because 1) it is not intuitive, 2) the default shortcut (ctrl-t) conflicts with other XBMC commands.

The solution I have come up with so far is to create a profile for XBMC using nvidiaInspector. Once done, you can alter the convergence so that all of the XBMC menus are at screen depth and will therefore not require glasses to view (each eye is identical). So far, with the little testing I've done it seems to be working perfectly well.

NOTE:
Another option would be to set the Stereoscopic Mode 'current' to Hardware based too. Unfortunately this gets reset to 'None' on every restart. If anyone knows how to stop that, please let me know!

Messages In This Thread
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by Tomkun - 2014-01-28, 09:15
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11