• 58(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
That's OK. Thank you for your help in trying to fix it. In the mean time, I'll post my profile for XBMC for anyone who wants to use it.

You'll need to use nvidiaInspector to install it, but after that it should work fine.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ArrayOfProfile>
  <Profile>
    <ProfileName>XBMC</ProfileName>
    <Executeables>
      <string>xbmc.exe</string>
    </Executeables>
    <Settings>
      <ProfileSetting>
        <SettingID>1881060439</SettingID>
        <SettingValue>1</SettingValue>
      </ProfileSetting>
      <ProfileSetting>
        <SettingID>1887390533</SettingID>
        <SettingValue>0</SettingValue>
      </ProfileSetting>
      <ProfileSetting>
        <SettingID>1888336069</SettingID>
        <SettingValue>1149748735</SettingValue>
      </ProfileSetting>
      <ProfileSetting>
        <SettingID>1890387400</SettingID>
        <SettingValue>1390892658</SettingValue>
      </ProfileSetting>
    </Settings>
  </Profile>
</ArrayOfProfile>

Copy and paste that into a .txt file and rename it 'whatever.nip', then import it using nvidiaInspector.
No issues with Intel® InTru™ 3D, works smooth on my Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Core i3 2100) Windows 8.1 64bit and XBMC build what afedchin kindly shared with us.
I wonder if Intel® InTru™ 3D (equivalent) exist on platforms other than Windows? Would be nice to have Openelec with such a functionality.
Dreams, dreams.... ;-)
(2014-01-26, 20:15)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 14:18)da-anda Wrote: we are interested, but it's a feature that won't make it into the upcoming Gotham release (we're already in feature freeze). Also it needs much more testing and I'm not sure if we can/want to ship vendor specific dlls and such.
In my opinion all libs are free.
Intel® Media SDK 2014 for Clients
AMD Quad-Buffer SDK
NVAPI

(2014-01-26, 12:47)acidizer Wrote: Hello!
Sorry if my question is double-posted. Where i can find latest build with Intel® InTru™ 3D support?
Nightly and monthly builds lack this. I found one of those builds in this thread, and i wonder if work is in progress or no one interested in frame packing implementation any more?
There is the lastest build with InTru 3D support https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...nlDc0FzMGs . Use it at your own risk.
any chance for compiled build with master branch after the 20th jan.? as there was a showstopper bug in the pvr part.
@afedchin
Hello. I found interesting bug, do not know if it is my setup-specific or not. Once i open Arcsoft TMT 6 (the only way to watch BD3D for me at moment) switch to 3d and back, and than open XBMC it does not enable 3d until i reboot the system. Stereoscopic player and TMT continues working.
Do you have an idea how to solve it?
Hm..do you switch to hardware based stereoscopic mode in xbmc before open TMT then back to xbmc or you launch xbmc after TMT?
(2014-01-31, 10:48)afedchin Wrote: Hm..do you switch to hardware based stereoscopic mode in xbmc before open TMT then back to xbmc or you launch xbmc after TMT?

It some how related to Intel driver. I found the way to get it work without reboot - just by changing refresh rate from windows graphics properties from 60 to 50 hz, and it works from within XBMC after this, and switches to 24p correctly. But once i close XBMC and play 3d movie in TMT, than close TMT and launch XBMC again it doesn't until i toggle the refresh rate. strange...
@acidizer,
Thanks for explanation. It seems like a driver issue.
Dear 3D movies lovers,

If you are the owner of Samsung 3DTV - please help testing an addon that switch TV into 3D mode using remote commands sequence via LAN, as opposite to adjusting screen refresh rate.
Thank you

A dedicated thread is here: 3D Enabler Samsung TV
I've been using Afedchin's 3D Vision build now for over a week and found no bugs with it at all. What, if anything, is stopping it being merged to master?
(2014-02-09, 12:56)Tomkun Wrote: I've been using Afedchin's 3D Vision build now for over a week and found no bugs with it at all. What, if anything, is stopping it being merged to master?
As far as i understand XBMC team don`t want to include 3rd party libraries because of licensing issues.
Ahh, I understand. That's too bad because it's working great. I can understand the decision though.
well, there was actually no discussion about how to deal with binary only 3rd partly libraries yet, and until this hasn't been discussed and a decision been made we can't add that feature. Also we're in a feature freeze right now, so nothing new will hit XBMCs codebase except for bugfixes until the release of Gotham.
So I tried to watch a 3D movie yesterday and came across some difficulties.
First of all, I'm running Gentoo, kernel-3.13.2, xf86-video-intel-2.99.909, xorg-server-1.15.0, xbmc-git on i3-3220T CPU with builtin graphics HD 2500. The box is connected to Epson EH-TW6100 FullHD 3D projector.

I have also installed intel-gpu-tools from freedesktop git. The testdisplay -3 -i output: http://pastebin.com/526Kkxjf
I can see that my display switches to 3D mode when running testdisplay utility.

I tried to launch xbmc and run a H-SBS 1080p movie. Xorg log file indicates following detected modelines: http://pastebin.com/iXUfsgpx
Now, when I run the movie, I tried using the side-by-side mode, however the display does not switch to 3D mode automatically and I have to do that manually. I also tried the "Hardware mode", but then I get a 2D picture and display does not switch modes. StereoscopicsManager reports correctly that the movie is 'left_right'.

Is xbmc-xrandr supposed to switch to the correct mode when running the movie? As far as I understand this is either intel driver not reporting 3D video modes to the xorg server or either xrandr not detecting them correctly. Any advice?
(2014-02-10, 10:31)evilworm Wrote: So I tried to watch a 3D movie yesterday and came across some difficulties.
First of all, I'm running Gentoo, kernel-3.13.2, xf86-video-intel-2.99.909, xorg-server-1.15.0, xbmc-git on i3-3220T CPU with builtin graphics HD 2500. The box is connected to Epson EH-TW6100 FullHD 3D projector.

I have also installed intel-gpu-tools from freedesktop git. The testdisplay -3 -i output: http://pastebin.com/526Kkxjf
I can see that my display switches to 3D mode when running testdisplay utility.

I tried to launch xbmc and run a H-SBS 1080p movie. Xorg log file indicates following detected modelines: http://pastebin.com/iXUfsgpx
Now, when I run the movie, I tried using the side-by-side mode, however the display does not switch to 3D mode automatically and I have to do that manually. I also tried the "Hardware mode", but then I get a 2D picture and display does not switch modes. StereoscopicsManager reports correctly that the movie is 'left_right'.

Is xbmc-xrandr supposed to switch to the correct mode when running the movie? As far as I understand this is either intel driver not reporting 3D video modes to the xorg server or either xrandr not detecting them correctly. Any advice?

Side by side mode will not automatically change your TV mode unless your TV supports autodetection. I'm not sure of any TVs that can autodetect SBS or TAB formats.

The hardware mode should work as long as 3D is configured correctly in your OS. I don't use Linux for this purpose so I don't even know if it's possible. It would have to be the Intel Tru3D I guess because NVidia 3D Vision only works on DirectX.
The kernel DRM driver definitely supports 3D mode, it was announced by the Intel (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTQ3NzE)

As I already said, this can be tested by the testdisplay utility which does switch the display to 3D mode.

At this point I believe that it is xf86-video-intel or xbmc-xrandr issue that the mode is not switched automatically. If some dev need more info on this I can gladly provide it.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11