• 60(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
@Limi, for clarification "Gotham" is the codename for the upcoming XBMC release (version 13). Version 12 has the codename Frodo. So as wgstarks already wrote, grab a nightly build of XBMC (Gotham) and your problems should be gone
thanks Wgstark and all the guys for answers and help i have tried it and yes endeed it works with the menu 3D, but can not find any subtitle program for gotham so cant really use subs but looks like it works.
Also no full HD support playback yet but close 1280x1050, and cant set playback to match source but i guess feature will come as it is getting to last stages. and then again som addons wont work with gotham. but i really like the 3d features it is awsome. i will try to see if i can find a subtitle addon that works for gotham, thanks for the help and keep up the nice work it is really appreciated. i really wished i could help with somethings, but dont really have the GOD skills. Wink Limo

correction 1680x1050 resolution
Well suddenly there is full HD playback... but i can not get any sound out from XMBC no matter what setting i use HDMI to put out sound to LG tv and windows sounds work so does youtube but NOT xmbc.

I got the subtitle working and 3D but some 3D files from a search did not identify as 3D source.

Update: I got everything working also sound, thanks again for all the help - only thing not working atm is when doing a search and find a yiffi 3d file it did not identify the source so subtitle and menu did not work.
BUt all the rest i have tried work perfect.
hi all,

i am assuming this thread is the right place for my question,(i currently using xbmc Nightly Builds 13 Alpha 12 version on my htpc.)

until now, for 3d half/full sbs movies playback i have been using the Stereoscopic Player(3dtv) , with page flipping and SENSIO HI-FI 3D integrated feature(my dlp projector work only at 120Hz frame sequential 3D technology+ active shutter glasses )and everything works perfectly.

when playing the same movies on xbmc ,in the 3d menu there is no options called 3d page flipping software or SENSIO HI-FI 3D formats(all others format of 3d in the menu don't work for me),so basically my projector Can't recognize the 3d signal and i stuck with 2d playback in xbmc.

does anyone have any experience with that?

i don't want using 3d movies playback outside from xbmc.

tnx
ag80 - that's not yet supported
ag80 what is the model of your projector?
I use xbmc gotham with openelec nightlies.

How can i force xbmc to start a movie in SBS Mode.

Some versions ago xbmc was remembering the last mode i´ve used and started automatically with this mode without asking again.

Now i allways have to choose again...

Any conclusion?

Thx in advance!
XBMC currently doesn't remember the last used 3D mode of a movie. If you like to watch movies in SBS in general, then go to settings -> video -> playback and set your "preferred playback mode" to "preferred 3D mode" and then set the "preffered 3D mode" in "settings -> system -> video" to "SBS". The preferred 3D mode setting is split from video playback because there might be support for 3D pictures later on and the preferred mode would affect both.
(2014-02-28, 10:47)da-anda Wrote: XBMC currently doesn't remember the last used 3D mode of a movie. If you like to watch movies in SBS in general, then go to settings -> video -> playback and set your "preferred playback mode" to "preferred 3D mode" and then set the "preffered 3D mode" in "settings -> system -> video" to "SBS". The preferred 3D mode setting is split from video playback because there might be support for 3D pictures later on and the preferred mode would affect both.

Don't you still have to select "Preffered Mode" when playing 3D videos? Or maybe I need to recheck my settings. I get a window saying something like "This video is 3D please select playback mode" and "Preffered" is one of the options.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wgstarks, showing the "ask" dialog is default playback setting for 3D videos, but you can change that to always use preferred mode without asking
(2014-02-28, 16:12)da-anda Wrote: wgstarks, showing the "ask" dialog is default playback setting for 3D videos, but you can change that to always use preferred mode without asking

I do need to go back and recheck my settings. Thanks for the help.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
If anyone's interested I've edited Jaaps' LG 3DMode script to work with 2012 LGTVs.

My TV does pattern recognition so automatically selects SBS or TAB depending on the content otherwise I think it picks the last 3D mode.

It should also turn 3D mode off when you press the stop key as my TV wouldn't change back without this.

This is the first time I've ever even looked at Python or coding in general so if anyone has any pointers let me know. Anyway you can find it at the below link.

https://github.com/Brownbear1984/script....3dmodelgtv
(2014-03-08, 04:34)brownbear1984 Wrote: If anyone's interested I've edited Jaaps' LG 3DMode script to work with 2012 LGTVs.

My TV does pattern recognition so automatically selects SBS or TAB depending on the content otherwise I think it picks the last 3D mode.

It should also turn 3D mode off when you press the stop key as my TV wouldn't change back without this.

This is the first time I've ever even looked at Python or coding in general so if anyone has any pointers let me know. Anyway you can find it at the below link.

https://github.com/Brownbear1984/script....3dmodelgtv
I guess the next step will be to make a settings page to add the IP, pairing key and regular expression.

Also I think on my TV you also need to tel lit what format the 3D is in, SBS/OU etc, which requires further key presses.

I'll try this out anyway and appreciate our work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wasn't sure if that setting was standard on all 2012 LG TVs. I'll have a look at the settings page when I get a chance tomorrow.
There are plenty of examples of settings pages in other addons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11