• 61(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Thanks mate will look into it.
as for the auto exit of TV from 3D mode. I have the setting video -> playback -> "adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to "on start/stop" (which is in general a good idea to do AFAIK) and when refresh rate changes back to default GUI resolution/rate after movie playback ended, the TV is automatically exiting 3D mode - so for me there is no script required.
That's what I have set on mine but for some reason it doesn't kick out of 3D mode. It does however switch from tab or SBS to 2d-3d mode tho
(2014-03-08, 16:46)brownbear1984 Wrote: That's what I have set on mine but for some reason it doesn't kick out of 3D mode. It does however switch from tab or SBS to 2d-3d mode tho

I have made some edits to your addon but getting errors when installing. Can i email or dropbox my attempts?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello brownbear1984.

I tried to install your script but am getting a 'dependencies not met' error. The log says:

"Addon script.custom.3dmodelgtv requires xbmc.python version 2.1 which is not available",

Can you help me please?
I'm looking into that at the moment what os are you using?
I'm using Windows 8. I managed to overcome it by installing it manually. Now it seems to work great, but selects the incorrect 3D mode. I don't know if my TV supports mode detection, or if it's possible to set the default 3D mode? Do you know how to tell? My TV is in Japanese and going through all the menus is a nightmare!
Ok so i think i need to change the addon.xml as that seems to be why its failing to install. As far as the TV is concerned I don't think it has a default 3D mode mine has a mode called "3D Pattern Recognition" which auto-detects what mode the screen is in and chooses the correct mode. Can you check if yours has this? You can only get into the 3D settings when you are in 3D mode.
I have that, yes. It doesn't seem to work though. It just selects the first 3D mode which is 2D->3D conversion.
Ok so I was having that issue with mine and i think it has something to do with what the tv can see on the screen i.e if the screen is black it detects this as 2D. I was playing with the timing and found that a 10 sec delay seemed to work "most" of the time. Also have you got the display set to full screen window or true full screen? Can you try another 3d movie as well?
I have tried several and it seems to remember which mode to use. I think perhaps I had overridden it somehow. Let me play with it some more and get back to you. This script is really something that will be very useful so I'm very grateful to you and happy to help you test it.

One thing it could do with is a little more explanation of the configuration, particularly the "path/regex" bit.
(2014-03-09, 12:06)Tomkun Wrote: I have tried several and it seems to remember which mode to use. I think perhaps I had overridden it somehow. Let me play with it some more and get back to you. This script is really something that will be very useful so I'm very grateful to you and happy to help you test it.

One thing it could do with is a little more explanation of the configuration, particularly the "path/regex" bit.

Thanks for the help in testing buddy the path/regex scans the path and title for those specific values so that it knows when to switch to 3D.
Yeah, took me a while to figure out what it meant though!

OK, so I have it working now, but I am not sure if it is detecting which mode to use, or just remembering the last mode used. All my movies are ripped as over/under as it's a passive TV, so can't test if it really is detecting or not. Either way, that's not a script issue.

Another thing is that it won't remove the 3D mode selection box automatically - it stays up until you click OK on the smart remote, losing one of the advantages of using the script in the first place. Do you know if that's adjustable on the TV? Again, I don't think that's a script issue but I'd be grateful for any help.
(2014-03-09, 12:19)Tomkun Wrote: Yeah, took me a while to figure out what it meant though!

OK, so I have it working now, but I am not sure if it is detecting which mode to use, or just remembering the last mode used. All my movies are ripped as over/under as it's a passive TV, so can't test if it really is detecting or not. Either way, that's not a script issue.

Another thing is that it won't remove the 3D mode selection box automatically - it stays up until you click OK on the smart remote, losing one of the advantages of using the script in the first place. Do you know if that's adjustable on the TV? Again, I don't think that's a script issue but I'd be grateful for any help.

If you were doing it manually (with the smart tv remote) would you have to use the ok button twice on your remote to select and exit the menu? Mine only needs me to press select once. I can add a second "ok" into the script if you want? I don't think it would have much of an effect to other tvs
If I were doing it manually, I would select the 3D button on the remote and the menu would pop up. I'd select the 3D using the arrows and then click OK. That sounds like the situation you are describing, so I'm not sure why it's not working then... Let me edit the script myself and see if I can get it to work. Don't change anything just yet!
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11