• 77(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Have you tried setting to 1920x800?

I don't know what all this talk of interlacing is?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, it should be 1920x800. But intrelaced 3d mode (available on Linux only) is only ALMOST ok. It generates a little incorrect output. Over under mode is ok but I need to manually change 3d mode to over under on my screen, so I always preffer interlaced mode.
giaur - you don't have to remux stuff - simply open the file int he mkvtoolnix header editor and change the output/display resolution there in case it's borked. It's just a matter of seconds instead of copying stuff around to remux. Can't say much about the interlaced mode though - not on Linux so was never able to use it Sad
@nickr - have you found time to run a test on your PI ? Would be great to get feedback ASAP because Helix beta is just around the corner
Well, your PR works fine and doesn't have "conflicts" with popcornmix's changes to 3D modes handling (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5237#i...t-61725240).

I have applied newclock4 on OS X (these changes to guilib/GraphicsContext.cpp are not guarded by #ifdef's) and it works well. I guess it's something in OMXPlayer, or timing on the Raspberry Pi.
(2014-11-02, 16:38)da-anda Wrote: @nickr - have you found time to run a test on your PI ? Would be great to get feedback ASAP because Helix beta is just around the corner

Sorry I just haven't had a chance. I only have a few 3D movies and only one of them triggers 3D mode on my LG TV, even though I thought I had all the naming and so forth right. So I haven't even got to the point of undertaking your tests sorry.

And it's Downton/Homeland/Walking Dead night tonight.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nickr - how did you label them? The parser for the naming changed a little some time ago and you need to have the "3D" keyword in the filename now. So something like foo.3d.hsbs.mkv (or you just set the correct MKV header with mkvtoolnix)
(2014-11-10, 03:05)menakite Wrote: Well, your PR works fine and doesn't have "conflicts" with popcornmix's changes to 3D modes handling (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5237#i...t-61725240).

I have applied newclock4 on OS X (these changes to guilib/GraphicsContext.cpp are not guarded by #ifdef's) and it works well. I guess it's something in OMXPlayer, or timing on the Raspberry Pi.
thanks for testing. So PR3072 does actually work on all platforms an not just the PI? Need to test that Smile
Has anybody found a way to make full 3DHD resolution mkv work in interlaced mode? I'm on Gotham 13.2

I have an Nvidia card with an LG interlaced monitor. Everytime I play a full SBS or TAB mkv in interlaced mode, I keep getting dropped frames that get worse the longer the video is played.
what's your HW spec? Did you have a look at CPU usage?
(2014-12-02, 20:05)Johnny569 Wrote: Has anybody found a way to make full 3DHD resolution mkv work in interlaced mode? I'm on Gotham 13.2

I have an Nvidia card with an LG interlaced monitor. Everytime I play a full SBS or TAB mkv in interlaced mode, I keep getting dropped frames that get worse the longer the video is played.

I had the same problem with FSBS on my system. CPU usage was 150 to 180 percent. I suspect this was the reason for dropped frames and a few other problems. I quit testing once I realized the stress on my system.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wgstarks, you're right about high CPU usage as probable cause. But, in my case, I suspect high GPU usage as the cause. I checked my GPU usage and it's over 90% most of the time when the dropped frames are happening with FSBS or FTAB in interlaced mode. CPU usage is fine. It doesn't really go over 20%.
try software decoding and see what happens
da-anda, that was an excellent suggestion! Thanks.

After switching to software decoding, GPU load barely goes over 12-13% and not a single dropped frame while watching 5 minutes of a full SBS and another 5 minutes of a full TAB in interlaced mode. CPU load rarely goes over 27%.

Interlaced 3D support is definitely getting better. But, earlier this year in March, I wasn't happy with the interlaced 3D support, so I had compiled an OpenGL build of XBMC for Windows. The OpenGL build has native support for interlaced 3D. No need to hit the monitor's 3D button and at least the OSD controls are not doubled. But, the OpenGL build drawbacks are: no hardware acceleration and it's not officially supported.

If you want to see for yourself, for testing purposes of interlaced 3D, below is my newly compiled OpenGL build for Windows of Gotham 13.2 . It works best when software decoding is selected.

Just temporarily rename your current XBMC.exe and drop the contents in the XBMC program folder.
http://1drv.ms/1tB4t8z

Thanks again for the software decoding tip.
OpenGL only works with SW decoding on Win AFAIK
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11