• 78(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
I'm trying to play half-ou in a Android Nvidia Tegra 3, my TV can combine the double-half screen to one, no issue at all if I need press a button in remote control, but my issue is that movie are being displayed like if they are 2D, in full screen.

I already tried to use only libstagefright, but I have the same results.

It's a bug in Kodi helix rc or Android can't display 2 images (to generate the 3D) while hw decoding?
AFAIK Kodi does not support hardware decoding of 3D's at all. Only software decoding (needs a CPU with a little muscle). Some people have reported some luck with external hardware.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-12-03, 22:14)wgstarks Wrote: AFAIK Kodi does not support hardware decoding of 3D's at all. Only software decoding (needs a CPU with a little muscle). Some people have reported some luck with external hardware.

In gotham was working 3D in hardware, don't?
I have gotham in a w7 and they show 2 images in same screen.
(2014-12-03, 22:14)wgstarks Wrote: AFAIK Kodi does not support hardware decoding of 3D's at all. Only software decoding (needs a CPU with a little muscle). Some people have reported some luck with external hardware.
Half ou or half sbs is the same as regular 1080 p as far as the computer and acceleration is concerned. It is the tv that combines the images into 3 d.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-03, 23:43)nickr Wrote:
Half ou or half sbs is the same as regular 1080 p as far as the computer and acceleration is concerned. It is the tv that combines the images into 3 d.

Exactly!
Any idea why I'm having this result? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SxdF2r...cslist_api

Also proof that movie really are half-ou running in the screen of my phone: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SxdF2r...cslist_api
You and I have had this discussion in another thread, and I can't add any more. My comment in this thread was more aimed at wgstarks.

Perhaps the hardware or firmware in the tegra is too smart?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-04, 02:18)nickr Wrote: My comment in this thread was more aimed at wgstarks.

You're right. I've been playing around with FSBS so much I guess it's just stuck in my head.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-12-04, 02:18)nickr Wrote: You and I have had this discussion in another thread, and I can't add any more. My comment in this thread was more aimed at wgstarks.

Perhaps the hardware or firmware in the tegra is too smart?

Sorry, I forgot you name.
Idk, I even tried software mode and still show in full screen, very weird. Nvm, I'll stop downloading 3D and wait for next builds to see if this get fixed (If really is a bug).

Tks.
Have you tried sbs?
(2014-12-04, 03:02)nickr Wrote: Have you tried sbs?

No, all movies I have are ou. I don't remember now why, I read that ou is better than sbs for TV that join the images, so I never downloaded sbs.
There are some reasonably short samples out on the net. Makes it easier to test than getting gigabytes of a full movie.
(2014-12-04, 03:09)nickr Wrote: There are some reasonably short samples out on the net. Makes it easier to test than getting gigabytes of a full movie.

I just downloaded this sbs and worked! Lol!
LG 3D Demo 1080p Half-SBS AC3: http://youtu.be/bTEPm5ZUcXU

Ideas?
wgstarks, you are correct. Hardware acceleration does not work well, at least not for interlaced 3D on windows. When I use hardware acceleration with full 3DHD, I keep getting dropped frames.

GPU-Z will show that Video Engine Load goes up, indicating that there is hardware acceleration, but it doesn't work well cause I get many dropped frames. When switching to software decoding of full 3DHD, I don't get any dropped frames. In this case, GPU-Z shows that Video Engine Load stays at 0%, indicating that there's no hardware acceleration and I don't get any dropped frames.
(2014-12-04, 18:31)Johnny569 Wrote:
wgstarks, you are correct. Hardware acceleration does not work well, at least not for interlaced 3D on windows. When I use hardware acceleration with full 3DHD, I keep getting dropped frames.

GPU-Z will show that Video Engine Load goes up, indicating that there is hardware acceleration, but it doesn't work well cause I get many dropped frames. When switching to software decoding of full 3DHD, I don't get any dropped frames. In this case, GPU-Z shows that Video Engine Load stays at 0%, indicating that there's no hardware acceleration and I don't get any dropped frames.

Yes. With FSBS or FTAB this is true. Actually on my system I don't get any hardware decoding. Which creates an extremely high CPU load. Result is a lot of dropped frames along with some other odd problems like loosing connection to remote. My CPU doesn't handle that much load very well, so I just stick with the high bit rate HSBS encodes. Never could really see much difference with FSBS anyway, but the frame skipping may have effected that.
(2014-12-03, 23:43)nickr Wrote:
Because the resolution of 1080p is the same as for Half-TAB (H-TAB) / Half-OU (HOU) Top and Bottom (TaB) format, does that not mean that XBMC/Kodi needs to read the file-name to understand that is a 3D stereoscopic video in Half-TAB (H-TAB) / Half-OU (HOU) Top and Bottom (TaB) format video rather than a normal non-3D video?

So that means that you just need to manually edit your file-names and add flags there in the file-name for XBMC/Kodi to pick-up, see http://kodi.wiki/view/3D

Stereoscopic flags to add to the file-name for Top and Bottom (TaB) recognition: http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags

"3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB"

@Edwrib/wgstarks, have you properly named your Half-OU (HOU) videos with a such file-name? And if so can you post some file-names?

Examples: moviename.3D-HTAB-h264.mkv or moviename.3D.HTAB.h264.mp4 or moviename_3D_HTAB_h264.mp4

You can also try adding an Advancedsettings.xml http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video with
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
      <stereoscopicregex3d>[-. _]3d[-. _]</stereoscopicregex3d>
      <stereoscopicregexsbs>[-. _]h?sbs[-. _]</stereoscopicregexsbs>
      <stereoscopicregextab>[-. _]h?tab[-. _]</stereoscopicregextab>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11