Android surround sound
I have tried looking in the forum post as well as in the Wiki
still I am not clear about this issue.
Will XBMC on android run surround sound (5.1) out of the HDMI? is it platform dependent?
thanks

Eyal
platform dependent
Thanks Davilla,

So a fallow up question would be what should I look for in the platform to know.
I am thinking of getting the Mele A2000, and it looks like it has the proper ports (optical as well as HDMI).
But from the different post it is hard to understand if it will work or just give me stereo...
(2012-12-05, 22:51)Ekamhi Wrote: Thanks Davilla,

So a fallow up question would be what should I look for in the platform to know.
I am thinking of getting the Mele A2000, and it looks like it has the proper ports (optical as well as HDMI).
But from the different post it is hard to understand if it will work or just give me stereo...

Mele is an Allwinner A10 device. At first it looked like these guys (especially the Mele boxes) would make great XBMC boxes, but there's a lot of show-stopper bugs in getting hardware decoding to work within XBMC. We even tried to get the Allwinner company involved, but they seemed to just string our devs around and not really do anything. I would consider Allwinner A10 to be an unsafe bet for XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
surround sound0