• 10(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2013-07-15, 13:04)sraisbeck Wrote: I'm trying to set up a lyrics database for all music within my files... it appears the plugin only looks for lyrics of songs that are playing... how can i recurse through all files in one go and where are lyrics files stored for access remotely?

nevermind, on the second part of the question... i found the lyrics files in the options for the plugin... but nothing that lets me scan the entire library for lyrics all at once... any suggestions?

we download lyrics from external sites, and most of them wouldn't be to thrilled
if you start to hammer them. (believe me i've tried, and they blocked my ip right away).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-07-15, 17:25)ronie Wrote: we download lyrics from external sites, and most of them wouldn't be to thrilled
if you start to hammer them. (believe me i've tried, and they blocked my ip right away).

that's a shame man... i just want to hammer them one time though Wink
(2013-07-10, 21:26)Ghostdivision Wrote: One last question, I am not sure if this is skinner area or your area, but if your script cannot find lyrics is there anyway it could vanish. I often listen to songs without lyrics or not well known songs and it just sits on screen saying no lyrics found,.

Hate to bump this but i am listening to the chromatics for instance and your service cant find lyrics and using ace skin it just sits on screen with no lyrics found....
(2013-07-21, 11:06)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 21:26)Ghostdivision Wrote: One last question, I am not sure if this is skinner area or your area, but if your script cannot find lyrics is there anyway it could vanish. I often listen to songs without lyrics or not well known songs and it just sits on screen saying no lyrics found,.

Hate to bump this but i am listening to the chromatics for instance and your service cant find lyrics and using ace skin it just sits on screen with no lyrics found....

there currently isn't a way to do this from the addon side.

maybe it can be done from within the skin, by using this condition:
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(culrc.lyrics))</visible>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-12-07, 20:17)DDDamian Wrote: Brilliant with the auto-scroll feature. Kudos to Taxigps, Amet and all the contributors Smile

I might be blind but I can't find this feature in the options of the add-on. Could anyone point me to it pretty please?
(2013-07-29, 23:50)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2012-12-07, 20:17)DDDamian Wrote: Brilliant with the auto-scroll feature. Kudos to Taxigps, Amet and all the contributors Smile

I might be blind but I can't find this feature in the options of the add-on. Could anyone point me to it pretty please?

there's no such option :-)
lrc based lyrics will auto-scroll, regular lyrics won't.
(2013-07-29, 23:57)ronie Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 23:50)DarkHelmet Wrote:

there's no such option :-)
lrc based lyrics will auto-scroll, regular lyrics won't.

Pity, but now that I know what lrc is, I guess I also know why. Thanks for the reply.
Gday,

Im wondering how I can get the OSD bar to display when playing streaming music such as via Subsonic plugin or TuneIn. The song name and artist are displayed so technically the Lyrics Plugin should work, however i have no way to enable it (it seems)

Ideas?
(2013-06-05, 15:43)ronie Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 11:18)manekineko Wrote: Is there any way to get XBMC to display the lyrics over the top of the visualization instead of locked in a popup box that you have to manually launch? I'd love it if as soon as a song plays, it just starts scrolling the text in front of the visualization nice and big so you can see it clearly. I believe the native karaoke support does this, but I can't test it since my songs are mp3s with embedded lrc.

that's all up the the skin and not this addon.

skins can autorun the cu-lrc script whenever you switch to the visualization screen.
they also decide the font-size and all...

Would it be possible to implement this to Transparency? You might have heard of the skin I'm talking about.
Can someone help me out... running Frodo and Aeon Nox skin and this script still will not display lyrics. Choose Song keeps popping up. I have the lyrics embedded into IDv3 tags using Media Monkey to embed them. Any help would be appreciated.
Good afternoon johnsills1,

Aeon Nox users need to patch a script to make this add-on work. If you haven't done so yet please see steps here.

Best,

CF
new stuff added in the gotham version of the addon:

two new features are added:
  • auto-close the lyrics window if no lyrics are found
this has been requested quite a few times, so i decided to give it a go.
the lyrics window will now disappear if it can't find any lyrics for a song.
it will re-appear as soon as you play a song that has lyrics.

• run as a service
this means you won't have to start the script manually anymore.
it will run in the background and automatically start fetching lyrics when you enter the fullscreen visualization window.
if you don't like this feature and prefer the old way, you can disable it in the addon settings.
Good night ronie,

Yes, the new additions are working flawlessly and thanks very much for working on improving this add-on for all of us to have a better experience.

Help needed with the following:
I have my music tagged according to MusicBrainz listings and many come in with their ETIs (extended title information). These are the official names for each song and to truncate/modify them is not a feasible option. Currently the script leads to many songs wrongly matched, not being matched or simply ending with just the .txt lyric, even though the .lrc lyrics are present in Viewlyrics, for instance. Would it be possible for you to add an option under configuration through which the user can tell CU LRC lyrics to strip from the file name any content within enclosing glyphs before passing the song title to the API call?

The following is a lyric folder after CU LRC lyrics add-on does its job:
lyrics
01 - I Want You Back.lrc
02 - ABC.lrc
03 - The Love You Save (Album Version).txt
04 - Got To Be There (Single Version).txt
05 - Rockin' Robin (Album Version).txt
06 - Ben (Single Version).txt
07 - Blame It On The Boogie (Album Version).txt
08 - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (Single Edit).lrc
09 - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (2003 Edit).lrc
11 - Rock With You (Album Version).txt
12 - She's Out Of My Life (Album Version).txt
15 - Billie Jean (Album Version).txt
16 - Beat It (Album Version).txt
17 - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Album Version).lrc
18 - Human Nature (Album Version).txt
20 - I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Album Version).txt
21 - Thriller (Album Version).txt

Thanks in advance,

CF
(2013-08-18, 00:57)ronie Wrote: new test version:
script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.0.zip

two new features are added:
  • auto-close the lyrics window if no lyrics are found
this has been requested quite a few times, so i decided to give it a go.
the lyrics window will now disappear if it can't find any lyrics for a song.
it will re-appear as soon as you play a song that has lyrics.

• run as a service
this means you won't have to start the script manually anymore.
it will run in the background and automatically start fetching lyrics when you enter the fullscreen visualization window.
if you don't like this feature and prefer the old way, you can disable it in the addon settings.

Hi ronie

Everything works as you describe with local music files, this is so much easier, it is fantastic, thank you.

When I played a local file CU LRC Lyrics popped up automatically & worked great,
then I stopped the song, I then played an on line music file from my RDIO add-on,
and CU LRC Lyrics showed a script error.
I then went back to my local music file and CU LRC Lyrics never popped up or showed any script error.
the online file was named in the same way as my local file on my screen, but maybe the on line file had hidden meta data
confusing CU LRC Lyrics.

If you need any further assistance just ask, as it would be great to have on line music working as well.

Please see attached log

I'm using XBMCbuntu Frodo 12.2, Confluence skin, CU LRC lyrics V2.0.0

Thanks
(2013-08-18, 03:41)capfuturo Wrote: Would it be possible for you to add an option under configuration through which the user can tell CU LRC lyrics to strip from the file name any content within enclosing glyphs before passing the song title to the API call?
sure, no problem.

(2013-08-18, 12:53)hasselhof Wrote: then I stopped the song, I then played an on line music file from my RDIO add-on,
and CU LRC Lyrics showed a script error.
thanx for the report, should be fixed now.

script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.1.zip

v2.0.1
- fixed don't crash when trying to get embedded lyrics from online streams
- add option to clean song title
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1