• 7(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
I just wanted to add some troubleshooting datapoints. I began this exercise trying to Airplay music from my IPOD. I set up the Airplay in XBMC, I can choose my HTPC as a target on my IPOD, no problem. But what happens is the screen moves away from the main menu to the music screen. The song actually starts playing for a couple of seconds, then the window comes up for lyrics. And the music stops. The IPOD is still connected. The temp fix is to disable the CU LRC Lyric addon. This is occurring in MQ4.

I poked around a bit, going back to Confluence. No problem. Nox, no problem. With those two, I was able to identify the option under 'Skin Appearance/Settings' to enable CU LRC. But if I try and get the lyric, same issue; it stops playing.

But the other problem is that if I try to enable the CU LRC Lyric addon through MQ4, the Appearance Settings is greyed out. So I can't even configure it for the OSD.

I will post a snippet from my debug here in hopes that offers some insight into what's going on. (Starts at the end of the windowing stuff)

23:49:23 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'UnknownFormat' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 20, in onInit
self.setup_all()
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 30, in setup_all
self.getMyPlayer()
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 344, in getMyPlayer
self.myPlayerChanged( 2 )
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 356, in myPlayerChanged
lyrics = self.get_lyrics( song )
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 128, in get_lyrics
lyrics = self.find_lyrics( song )
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 148, in find_lyrics
lyrics = scraper[1].get_lyrics( song )
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\culrcscrapers\alsong\lyricsScraper.py", line 72, in get_lyrics
key = alsongClient.GetKeyFromFile( song.filepath )
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\culrcscrapers\alsong\lyricsScraper.py", line 47, in GetKeyFromFile
musf.Open(file)
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\audiofile.py", line 32, in Open
raise UnknownFormat
NameError: global name 'UnknownFormat' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks

P.S. There is another issue; the problem with the configuration item that's blank, still seems to exist for me. And it indeed exists no matter which skin I choose. Am I grabbing the wrong version? I tried to reinstall.
looks like a bug in the addon to me.
both 'raise UnknownFormat' and 'raise FormatError' are undefined.

the blank option in settings will be fixed in the next update.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-03-15, 15:52)Araldwenn Wrote: Well, i've got a little problem with culrclyrics. It works perfectly when downloading lyrics fom internet, but it shows nothing with embedded lyrics. Lots of my MP3 were tagged using the Lyricator plugin on MediaMonkey4, and culrclyrics seems not to read them, the screen remain empty.

cheers! fixed!
Thanks a lot ! good and fast job !
Hi, I was trying the new ace skin and made a comment about lyrics as follows:

Quote:
I really like the way that lyrics are displayed but I have thought that it would be amazing if that section would minimize itself automatically when no lyrics are found... probably impossible to get, is it?

MarcosQui answered me:

The window is controlled by the script, maybe you can suggest to Taxigps or ronie, perhaps something can be done.

What do you think? Would be that possible? Thanks in advance...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
The script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml is inside the 720p folder of skins, and is usually modified to suit the skinner. I also use Aeon MQ4 also but have modified that script (along with the musicvisualization.xml file) to suit my needs. When there are no lyrics, that area is blank by default.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-03-16, 22:36)ronie Wrote: looks like a bug in the addon to me.
both 'raise UnknownFormat' and 'raise FormatError' are undefined.

the blank option in settings will be fixed in the next update.
Fxied
(2013-03-16, 18:00)gelfman Wrote: I just wanted to add some troubleshooting datapoints. I began this exercise trying to Airplay music from my IPOD. I set up the Airplay in XBMC, I can choose my HTPC as a target on my IPOD, no problem. But what happens is the screen moves away from the main menu to the music screen. The song actually starts playing for a couple of seconds, then the window comes up for lyrics. And the music stops. The IPOD is still connected. The temp fix is to disable the CU LRC Lyric addon. This is occurring in MQ4.

I poked around a bit, going back to Confluence. No problem. Nox, no problem. With those two, I was able to identify the option under 'Skin Appearance/Settings' to enable CU LRC. But if I try and get the lyric, same issue; it stops playing.

But the other problem is that if I try to enable the CU LRC Lyric addon through MQ4, the Appearance Settings is greyed out. So I can't even configure it for the OSD.

I will post a snippet from my debug here in hopes that offers some insight into what's going on. (Starts at the end of the windowing stuff)

23:49:23 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 20, in onInit
self.setup_all()
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 30, in setup_all
self.getMyPlayer()
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 344, in getMyPlayer
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 356, in myPlayerChanged
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 128, in get_lyrics
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\gui.py", line 148, in find_lyrics
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\culrcscrapers\alsong\lyricsScraper.py", line 72, in get_lyrics
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\culrcscrapers\alsong\lyricsScraper.py", line 47, in GetKeyFromFile
musf.Open(file)
File "C:\Users\Bip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\resources\lib\audiofile.py", line 32, in Open
raise UnknownFormat

Thanks

P.S. There is another issue; the problem with the configuration item that's blank, still seems to exist for me. And it indeed exists no matter which skin I choose. Am I grabbing the wrong version? I tried to reinstall.

Came here to post the exact same thing, somewhat strange it seems my skin i started using, uses this script, could not airplay anything from slacker radio anymore, check the log it threw out the same error.

Has the fix been pushed out yet?
(2013-03-28, 14:57)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 18:00)gelfman Wrote: I just wanted to add some troubleshooting datapoints. I began this exercise trying to Airplay music from my IPOD. I set up the Airplay in XBMC, I can choose my HTPC as a target on my IPOD, no problem. But what happens is the screen moves away from the main menu to the music screen. The song actually starts playing for a couple of seconds, then the window comes up for lyrics. And the music stops. The IPOD is still connected. The temp fix is to disable the CU LRC Lyric addon. This is occurring in MQ4.

self.setup_all()
self.getMyPlayer()
musf.Open(file)
raise UnknownFormat

Thanks

Came here to post the exact same thing, somewhat strange it seems my skin i started using, uses this script, could not airplay anything from slacker radio anymore, check the log it threw out the same error.

Has the fix been pushed out yet?

please upgrade to v1.0.7
Hello all,

I am using XBMC (Frodo) on OpenElec with the add on CU LRC lyrics v1.0.7.
I am trying to access the OSD lyrics button to display the lyrics, but when I am in full screen, I have no lyrics button appearing, while playing music.

I checked on the XBMC website and in the wiki there are screenshots on which I can clearly see the lyrics button, but not on my installation Sad
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/d/df/F...ntrols.png
I don't even have the play/pause, forward, backward buttons. At this location it only gives the next track title.

Important point, I am accessing XBMC with a remote (no keyboard) through HDMI CEC.

Any idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks for any piece of advice,
/glattering
(2013-02-25, 00:49)ronie Wrote: the easiest way would be to let the skin handle this.
it can run the addon whenever you switch to the fullscreen music viz.

So maybe I'm asking something too simple, but I've been going through the guides etc, and I'm not clear on where I would add this to the skin? I am using confluence. Could this also be done using advancedsettings.xml? I'm really a newb to xbmc customization, although I did manage to figure out running a script via CEC button. With your suggestion, am I embedding a runscript action? Or popping up the window?
Exclamation 
I installed the addon, but when I click on the lyrics button (AeonNox) it searches for lyrics, goes to MiniLyrics and gets stuck with a big CHOOSE SONG written on the top bar
Help please?
(2013-04-29, 15:19)anshu4ever Wrote: I installed the addon, but when I click on the lyrics button (AeonNox) it searches for lyrics, goes to MiniLyrics and gets stuck with a big CHOOSE SONG written on the top bar
Help please?

please test in Confluence first to rule out a skin issue.

if you have the same problem in Confluence, please post a Debug Log.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-04-29, 15:21)ronie Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 15:19)anshu4ever Wrote: I installed the addon, but when I click on the lyrics button (AeonNox) it searches for lyrics, goes to MiniLyrics and gets stuck with a big CHOOSE SONG written on the top bar
Help please?

if you have the same problem in Confluence, please post a debug log.

Thanks a bunch Big Grin
works like a charm with Confluence

So how do I report this skin issue with AeonNox?
(2013-04-29, 15:59)anshu4ever Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 15:21)ronie Wrote:
Help please?

if you have the same problem in Confluence, please post a debug log.

Thanks a bunch Big Grin
works like a charm with Confluence

So how do I report this skin issue with AeonNox?

you can post about it here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=142
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1