• 8(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2013-04-17, 15:48)akameswaran Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 00:49)ronie Wrote: the easiest way would be to let the skin handle this.
it can run the addon whenever you switch to the fullscreen music viz.

So maybe I'm asking something too simple, but I've been going through the guides etc, and I'm not clear on where I would add this to the skin? I am using confluence. Could this also be done using advancedsettings.xml? I'm really a newb to xbmc customization, although I did manage to figure out running a script via CEC button. With your suggestion, am I embedding a runscript action? Or popping up the window?

I don't know if this is possible via skin. I have tried both Confluence, and Metropolis (Tried ACE too, but performance was unbearably slow) I have tried putting the script in musicOSD, musicoverlay, mymusicsongs, musicvisualization, and god knows what at this point. I've spent several hours on this. I have been successful at getting the lyrics to show up, say the first time I head into FullScreen, or visualization, or even everytime I go back into fullscreen or visualization (or every second via overlay - that was no fun) I think at this point, even when it made no sense, I've popped the <onload>RunScript() into just about every xml file with the word music or visualization in it.

Anyway - every single time the song advances automatically (ie I didn't skip to next track or manually queue up something) The lyrics disappear. If I click next track they stay, etc. So, I'm wondering does the plugin automatically kill itself? I haven't put any first run style constraints. What I also find interesting is by mapping a button to the script, I can bring up lyrics anywhere, home screen, etc. Even there, when a song naturally advances it dies. Hence I'm really starting to think this is cu.lrylyrics related and not solvable via skin. Any help would be appreciated.
nope, the script shouldn't autoclose.
it'll only close if either the music ends or if you manually cancel it (hitting esc/backspace).

a Debug Log might provide some clues.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK the log is avaialble here http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15535.

I did a little scrubbing to protect the innocent.

Here is what I did -
Booted XBMC
Connected remote using Yatse
set Debug to on
Selected the first song in the album via library mode
Went into fullscreen mode
-- Lyrics pop up (These lyrics and the ones for next song in order are already in file)
Waited for song to complete
--Lyrics Window Gone.

Then I copied the logs and scrubbed them.

Currently, I left songinfoduration at 0 - one of the things I tried that had no effect.

This is Frodo 12.1 on Xbian. However I can confirm that this also happens with the latest OpenElec 3.0.1 (I think that is also frodo 12.1) for Raspberry Pi. I just don't use it for testing/dev purposes because the r/o file root file system makes all of this a bigger PITA.
(2013-05-02, 18:58)akameswaran Wrote: OK the log is avaialble here http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15535.

thanx. i see what's going wrong there.
xbmc on the pi uses a different audioplayer compared to other platforms.
and this 'omxplayer' handles things differently.

it tells the addon playback has ended after each song, hence the addon exits.
i would consider this a bug as it quite the opposite of how the default 'paplayer' on every other platform works.

if you could create a ticket on trac and cc me on the ticket.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-05-02, 22:38)ronie Wrote: if you could create a ticket on trac and cc me on the ticket.

I take it you mean a bug for omxplayer? It doesn't surprise me for it to be omxplayer, it has a few issues, but it is the only gpu accelerated player for the pi.
(2013-05-04, 17:42)akameswaran Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 22:38)ronie Wrote: if you could create a ticket on trac and cc me on the ticket.

I take it you mean a bug for omxplayer? It doesn't surprise me for it to be omxplayer, it has a few issues, but it is the only gpu accelerated player for the pi.

yeah, every player in xbmc announces when playback starts and ends, so addons can act on this.
paplayer only sends a notification when the last track has ended, but omxplayer does this after each song.
(2013-05-04, 18:08)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 17:42)akameswaran Wrote:

yeah, every player in xbmc announces when playback starts and ends, so addons can act on this.
paplayer only sends a notification when the last track has ended, but omxplayer does this after each song.

Done. I will probably head over the omxplayer github and open an issue there too.
Hi all,
is there a way to change the color of the active highlighted line only on the lyrics, as you know this script scrolls the lyrics with the song, I want to change the color of the text being played only
thanks
(2013-05-10, 19:08)SomeoneCares Wrote: Hi all,
is there a way to change the color of the active highlighted line only on the lyrics, as you know this script scrolls the lyrics with the song, I want to change the color of the text being played only
thanks

it's most likely defined by the skin you're using, not the addon.
Lyrics in custom "now playing" or screensaver is what i'm missing.

Mayby u can split this script to script.module.lyrics.

smuto
(2013-05-16, 11:07)smuto Wrote: Lyrics in custom "now playing" or screensaver is what i'm missing.

Mayby u can split this script to script.module.lyrics.

smuto

already possible, but needs to be implemented by the skin/screensaver you're using
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Works beautifully.

I add "CU LRC Lyrics" to my own "screensaver.smuto" in my 3rd party repo
http://code.google.com/p/smuto/

but is it a way to add just List Container to my own custom skin file?

Thanks again for all the hard work.
smuto
(2013-05-23, 12:39)smuto Wrote: but is it a way to add just List Container to my own custom skin file?

the addon provides the lyrics as an infolabel which you can use in your skin:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(culrc.lyrics)]
Great work, I've been waiting for ages for XBMC to get lyrics support!

Is there any way to get XBMC to display the lyrics over the top of the visualization instead of locked in a popup box that you have to manually launch? I'd love it if as soon as a song plays, it just starts scrolling the text in front of the visualization nice and big so you can see it clearly. I believe the native karaoke support does this, but I can't test it since my songs are mp3s with embedded lrc.

If not, would you consider expanding this plugin to be a visualization so that it could do that?
(2013-06-05, 11:18)manekineko Wrote: Is there any way to get XBMC to display the lyrics over the top of the visualization instead of locked in a popup box that you have to manually launch? I'd love it if as soon as a song plays, it just starts scrolling the text in front of the visualization nice and big so you can see it clearly. I believe the native karaoke support does this, but I can't test it since my songs are mp3s with embedded lrc.

that's all up the the skin and not this addon.

skins can autorun the cu-lrc script whenever you switch to the visualization screen.
they also decide the font-size and all...
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1