• 15(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Ronie, can you supply the json command line to launch and disable the script? That would be awesome.
(2013-12-09, 03:16)johnsills1 Wrote: Ronie, can you supply the json command line to launch and disable the script? That would be awesome.

no idea really.
i think you can use Addons.ExecuteAddon to start addons, but that's all i know.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
If someone wants to activate the script with the letter 't' for example, put this under the Visualization section of the keyboard.xml file.
Code:
<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</t>
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-12-09, 20:32)curtis-r Wrote: If someone wants to activate the script with the letter 't' for example, put this under the Visualization section of the keyboard.xml file.
Code:
<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</t>

Thanks for that, i searched a while, cuz ne normal "RunScript" without XBMC. infront didnt work.

lol, while i tried that, i recognized that my cu.lrc.lyrics didnt work anymore, since i updated to 13.0 Alpha on my Pi.

I will reinstall addon...
I believe you also need to uncheck the 'run as service' setting for this add-on if you want to use a key to launch lyrics.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Installed the new 2.0.7 and this versions is reeeally awesome. With the version before i've added the Lyrics plugin with autostart in the musicvisualization.xml but it had the disadvantage, that it open this big lyric window each time i go in fullscreen, which really slows my Pi hard and sometimes he searched sooooo long while you couldnt do anything on the system.
Now i have this cute hint on top of my screen, that he search for a lyric. Big Grin

Amazing Ronie! Really Thanks!

@curtis

Thanks for the Tip but with the new features (run as service) i dont need the remote-bind anymore Tongue
having trouble with this script
tested on both 12.3 and 13 xbmc using version 2.07 script and default skin with same results which are:
run Pandora lyric page show that it found song but nothing is displayed on screen tried many songs to confirm that this is the case.
Am completely at a loss I am sure I am doing something wrong
Hello,

I am new to this add-on.

If I understand correctly, the add-on can read embedded lyrics. But on which tag should the lyrics be stored?

All my lyrics are on the LYRICS tag, and they are not detected...
(2014-01-05, 00:52)Chrobrego Wrote: Hello,

I am new to this add-on.

If I understand correctly, the add-on can read embedded lyrics. But on which tag should the lyrics be stored?

All my lyrics are on the LYRICS tag, and they are not detected...

the addons supports these lyrics tags:
Lyrics3
Lyrics3 v2.00

and the following id3 v2 tags:
SYLT (Synchronised lyric/text)
USLT (Unsynchronised lyric/text transcription)
TXXX (User defined text information frame)

PM me a link where i can download one of your mp3's and i'll have a look at it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-01-05, 02:07)ronie Wrote: the addons supports these lyrics tags:
Lyrics3
Lyrics3 v2.00

and the following id3 v2 tags:
SYLT (Synchronised lyric/text)
USLT (Unsynchronised lyric/text transcription)
TXXX (User defined text information frame)

PM me a link where i can download one of your mp3's and i'll have a look at it.

Thanks ,it seems I do not use any of those tags. Strange enough the LYRICS tag is recognized by the squeezebox system where it is commonly used. I have PMed you one of my tracks
(2014-01-05, 11:33)Chrobrego Wrote: Thanks ,it seems I do not use any of those tags. Strange enough the LYRICS tag is recognized by the squeezebox system where it is commonly used. I have PMed you one of my tracks

thanx, you're using 'FLAC tags' (aka Vorbis comments).

i've added support for those tag types, if you would be willing to test it:

script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.8.zip
(2014-01-05, 20:15)ronie Wrote: thanx, you're using 'FLAC tags' (aka Vorbis comments).

i've added support for those tag types, if you would be willing to test it:

script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.8.zip

Thank you very much ronie, this works very well !
Ronie, I have other wishes for enhancements.

1) Automatic vertical scrolling instead of a page browser (When the text contains many lines that cannot be all displayed on the screen). The intent is to listen to the music without any remote/keyboard at hand. Squeezebox Ipeng application manages it that way. The scrolling speed is computed according the text size and the song duration.
2) Automatic horizontal sizing. If the text contains long lines, I noticed that they were truncated with (...) at the end. Several solutions: automatic line wrapping, manual panel resizing, or automatic panel width depending on longest line.
3) The title "CU LRC Lyrics" on the top right is too much intrusive. I would prefer to have it in small letters as a footer if shown at all.
4) The footer lyric source is empty. I believe it should indicate "embedded"? Actually this could be totally hidden, or maybe just shown on debug mode

Keep up the good work!
thanx for testing, gladd to hear it works ok. :-)

1) that's what lrc based (synchronised) lyrics are for basically. they're not always available though.
auto scrolling by length calculations is not something i'm interested in. it will be a hit and miss at best.
2) none of them are possible in xbmc. when you focus the line in question, it will start to scroll.
3) most skins provide their own layout of the lyrics window. the default included in the addon doesn't have a large cu lrc title at the top.
4) cheers, will fix that!
Just installed this add-on via XBMC.org add-ons and then proceeded to activate it.
Instructions on how to activate (on the 1st page) mention "System->Skin->Addon Shortcuts->Enable Lyrics Add-on in Music OSD", however i have no "Skin" option under "System".
I'm running two XBMC instances (on different computers - Debian on Frodo 12.3 and Ubuntu also on Frodo 12.3) and neither of them has "System->Skin".

On both XBMC instances, under "System" exists: Appearance, Video, Live TV, Music, Pictures, Weather, Add-ons (from where i installed this add-on), Services and System.
I've checked every single option under all those submenu entries and there's no submenu named "Skin" or any option about enabling Lyrics Add-on.

This is driving me a bit crazy and i've read through every single post on this 23 page thread and no one else seems to have this problem.

I must be going mad but what am i missing here?

Cheers.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1