• 32(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2015-04-18, 12:18)Buff Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Wondered if you could help with an issue I'm having with the script. I seem to be getting a few songs come up with wrong or no lyrics. Previously was using the Aeon MQ5 Helix skin and a couple of tracks' lyrics were showing up in Chinese, switched to Confluence and the same songs are pretty much blank.

I'm using Helix 14.2 and CU LRC Lyrics 3.01. Logfile is at http://pastebin.com/WMzC7PdP

Many thanks

please create another Debug Log, but this time enable debug logging in the cu lrc settings as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers Ronie, correct log should be here http://pastebin.com/Z4QPP6pi

Thanks
ok, there are no errors in the logs and the addon is properly displaying the lyrics for those songs.

you say you previously had some songs with chinese lyrics, that means those lyrics have been saved to file
and will be re-used each time from then on.

the fact that they show up as empty in confluence is because the default font in confluence does not support chinese characters.

you'll have to delete those chines lyrics files. they can be found in C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.cu.lrclyrics\lyrics\
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Tried that earlier actually, deleted all the lyrics in that folder and it still pulls the Chinese/blank ones.

My script lyrics are set to default - are there better scrapers to use/not use for English?

Or is it possible to download a manual lyric sheet and have the script use that one first?

Cheers
Just been going through the rest of this album - Bruce Springsteen's The River and quite a few are incorrect; it pulls Celine Dion's Fade Away rather than Bruce's!!

Just wondering if it is because this particular album has flac files? The metadata is all added by mp3tag and shows up in mediamonkey and Kodi, but is it possible that this script cannot pull the same data?

Cheers
(2015-04-18, 14:35)Buff Wrote: Tried that earlier actually, deleted all the lyrics in that folder and it still pulls the Chinese/blank ones.

My script lyrics are set to default - are there better scrapers to use/not use for English?

Or is it possible to download a manual lyric sheet and have the script use that one first?

Cheers

Debug Log will tell you which scraper is used when it finds lyrics, if it always gives you bad results, you can disable it.

you can also manually save the lyrics to a file in the folder i mentioned above.
I cant get the plug-in to download and install. I tried on an Ubuntu PC and on a Win8 PC and both wont install the plugin. Other plug-ins install fine. Is there a problem on the server?
*edit*
The log file has error 404 for the hash and zip file.
Hi Ronie,

Wondered if you could help?

I solved my issue the other day (Chinese lyrics) by downloading an lrc file for the songs that were incorrect and placing them in the necessary lyrics folder. I used a program called minilyrics, which seems pretty good and when used in conjunction with mediamonkey, automatically saves the lrc file to a folder.

The name of the lrc file would seem to have to be (for the cu lrc lyrics addon) just the name of the song, with no prefix - unfortunately, the minilyrics program can only either save the file as track number - song title or artist - song title

I don't know if the latter would work in Kodi (not at my machine at the mo) but tried the former and had to delete the track number. My question is therefore; is there an xml file that I can alter that will cause it to accept either of the above? It would be handy if I could just copy the files over into the relevant artist folder within Lyrics without having to alter the filename.

Many thanks
it depend on whether you save the lyrics to a separate lyrics folder
or if you save them alongside the song.

both options offer you several filename formatting options.

see the cu lrc addon settings. 'artist - songtitle' is available for sure.
Cheers Ronie - will take a look this evening
thanks
(2015-05-01, 16:48)getCrafty Wrote: Awesome addon, thanks ronie. I love the save to .txt feature.

I noticed one minor issue. It does not show up under Music > Add-ons in the Kodi menu. It shows up under System > Enabled Add-ons > Lyrics instead. Not a big deal.

it's not a music addon since it doesn't provide any music ;-)
also there's little point to list it anywhere, since there's no need to be able to run it manually.

it's a service addon that automatically starts when you start kodi.
(2014-08-21, 19:35)ronie Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 16:12)mihawk90 Wrote: Now a little issue of my own. Most of my music is actually in ALAC Format in mp4-containers (*.m4a) for compatibility reasons for multiple players (looking at you iTunes). Now my issue is that the addon apparently can't read lyrics from MP4 Containers. I tagged my musiclibrary with MP3Tag and used UNSYNCEDLYRICS as tagging field (which maps to the MP4 equivalant LYRICS as far as I know), the lyrics show up in MP3Tag and also iTunes (and on my GFs iPod), so they should be written to the files correctly. I guess they just aren't read (since I can't find anything in embedlrc.py either).

if you can provide me one of those songs (feel free to PM me a link),
then i can have a look to see if i can add support for it.

Oh man I totally forgot that I posted here at the time... Just found myself on google again xD

I'm gonna send you a link via PM (though it's been half a year I hope that's still ok Big Grin)
(2015-05-03, 05:42)mihawk90 Wrote: Oh man I totally forgot that I posted here at the time... Just found myself on google again xD

I'm gonna send you a link via PM (though it's been half a year I hope that's still ok Big Grin)

mind testing this version?
script.cu.lrclyrics-3.1.0.zip
Mh... It seemed to be working for the first few songs but I could be wrong (display doesn't always update immediately) since it doesn't work now.

Just for testing I disabled local files and scrapers and it doesn't show on the ALAC files, it works on MP3s and FLACs then though.

Also I moved my LRC folder (so it's empty basically), but when it downloads LRCs from scrapers, it shows "File" as source instead of the actual source (I don't really care about that but there might be people that do).

As a side note, is there a way to force the display of embedded lyrics, but still download LRCs? I've already tagged my files with (nonsynced) lyrics, and the synced lyrics are often full of.. well.. weird.. things, I think you've seen that before as well^^ So I would like to download the LRCs, cleanup them later and get them into my files.

PS: Is it normal that when I disable local files it still downloads lyrics from scrapers? Big Grin
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1