• 55(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
nah, there's no support for it in cu lrc lyrics.

what does an offset tag look like?
i assume it's something like:
Code:
[offset:+2000]
but i need to know the exact format.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-07, 02:06)ronie Wrote: nah, there's no support for it in cu lrc lyrics.

what does an offset tag look like?
i assume it's something like:
Code:
[offset:+2000]
but i need to know the exact format.

You were almost right!

Positive offset
Code:
[offset:2000]

Negative offset
Code:
[offset:-2000]
Moanbag is in da place!
i've added offset support to cu lrc v5.2.2 (krypton only)

thanx for the suggestion!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-07, 15:32)ronie Wrote: i've added offset support to cu lrc v5.2.2 (krypton only)

thanx for the suggestion!

Hi ronie, I've already moved to Krypton, and enjoying the new features, thanks!

However in my tests I have seen an akward effect with offset... as you know my way of showing lyrics makes very evident the timing of lines, and I think that (at least in most cases) it should work the other way round, I mean, positive offset = lyrics have to be displayed x miliseconds before and negative offset (very few songs have it) = lyrics should be displayed x miliseconds after

To back my findings you can check these songs:
Code:
[id: wl_obwiocsc]
[offset:-500]
[ar:Leona Lewis]
[ti:Happy]
[al:Echo]
[by:alexei_t]
[00:00.00]lrc by alexei_t
[00:00.70]Leona Lewis - Happy
[00:05.00][00:19.00][00:31.60][00:50.40][01:29.80][01:44.10][01:56.70][02:10.90][02:49.40][03:02.90]
[00:06.82]someone once told me
[00:08.90]that you have to choose
[00:11.76]what you win or lose
[00:15.34]you cant have everything
[00:19.40]dont you take chances
[00:21.26]you might feel the pain
[00:24.50]dont you love in vain
[00:28.00]cause love wont set you free
[00:32.00]i could stand by the side
[00:38.00][02:03.30]and watch this life pass me by
[00:44.40]so unhappy but safe as could be
[00:52.44][02:11.42][03:03.75]so what if it hurts me
[00:55.50][02:14.40][03:07.00]so what if i break down
[00:58.80][02:17.60][03:10.20]so what if this world just throws me off the edge
[01:02.70][02:21.80][03:14.23]my feet run out of ground
[01:04.98][02:23.90][03:16.60]i gotta find my place
[01:08.10][02:27.00][03:19.70]i wanna hear my sound
[01:11.30][02:30.10]dont care about other pain infront of me

Code:
[id: ne_cbhvnhsc]
[offset:1500]
[ar:Pixie Lott]
[ti:Turn It Up]
[al:Turn It Up]
[by:Pinky]

[00:06.36]Baby, its over, we both know, lets go forward.
[00:14.04]I love you, but in a different way, I love you, forever.
[00:23.40]Now that we've come to the end of a story-y and I know that it's gonna be hard for me.
[00:28.20]Might hurt some, not too much, but I gotta let it wait.
[00:32.13]As the world turns around and we go different places, new things, new dreams, new faces.
[00:37.06]Wanna shake up, when we break up, but we keep our memories.

Both are highly out of sync as things work now, but when I edit the lyrics and change positive by negative in offset both songs play faultlessly.

As you know there will always be exceptions, but I think that is the way that offset works more often than not...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
that's not what to docs say :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)
Quote:[offset:+/- Overall timestamp adjustment in milliseconds, + shifts time up, - shifts down]

i've also checked how other software handles the lrc offset:
https://github.com/weirongxu/lrc-kit
Quote:lrc.toString()
// [ar:Lyrics artist]
// [00:30.00][00:09.01]i guess you're my creep tonight

lrc.offset(-3)
lrc.toString()
// [00:27.00][00:06.01]i guess you're my creep tonight
Just to say that foobar (the player I use to set the lyrics offset) work as manfeed describe

If you set [offset:-3000] then the lyric will be shown at 33s instead of 30s

If you set [offset:3000] then the lyric will be shown at 27s instead of 30s
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-12-14, 02:53)ronie Wrote: that's not what to docs say :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)
Quote:[offset:+/- Overall timestamp adjustment in milliseconds, + shifts time up, - shifts down]

i've also checked how other software handles the lrc offset:
https://github.com/weirongxu/lrc-kit
Quote:lrc.toString()
// [00:30.00][00:09.01]i guess you're my creep tonight

lrc.offset(-3)
lrc.toString()
// [00:27.00][00:06.01]i guess you're my creep tonight

I must confess I was hesitant to make my remarks since I knew you'd have good reasons to make it work that way... I only mean that according to my tests (and it seems Gracus's too) in the real world most of the songs work the other way round... maybe that software deals with the creation of lyrics and not with displaying them? I don't know...

Thanks
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
thanx! there indeed seem to be conflicting implementations of the offset value floating around.

since most of the lrc lyrics in cu lrc are downloaded from minilyrics,
i've decided to install their software to check how their lyrics player handles the offset value.
it's indeed the same as the both of you mentioned.

i'll change it in the cu lrc addon.

edit: done
https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrcly...6c5e21a279
(2016-12-15, 01:15)ronie Wrote: thanx! there indeed seem to be conflicting implementations of the offset value floating around.

since most of the lrc lyrics in cu lrc are downloaded from minilyrics,
i've decided to install their software to check how their lyrics player handles the offset value.
it's indeed the same as the both of you mentioned.

i'll change it in the cu lrc addon.

edit: done
https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrcly...6c5e21a279

Thanks for your time
Moanbag is in da place!
Thanks ronie!
Hi ronie, your addon works extremely well in Krypton; thanks indeed for your work!

I would dare to make a small request though: would it be possible to add an option in addon config to set a global offset for all songs? I mean an option to let the user type the offset they prefer (+ / -). That would be great because that way the user could sync the lrc lyrics to their needs/taste... For instance, I have noticed that even a split second earlier (0,35 sec. in my case) make wonders to better sync my lyrics, since that's the time the animations that I use take to show each line. Others users could take advantage of it to have a little more time to read the line to sing along... There are also times when you notice that the same person has uploaded the lyrics for a whole album with a particular offset that is not written in the lyrics file and with that option you would be able to sync those lyrics more exactly...

I know that I keep asking things and the day will come that you'll fed up with me Laugh

Thanks!
(2016-12-20, 11:34)manfeed Wrote: I know that I keep asking things and the day will come that you'll fed up with me Laugh

perhaps we've already crossed that point? ;-p

just kidding, it's due to your (and others) requests that the addon improved quite a bit over the past few months.
so here you go: https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrcly...c3bb26246c

perhaps one day i'll add a real-time sync option on a song-by-song basis (similar to how you can sync subtitles in kodi),
but i'll need https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11230 for that.
so for now it's only a global setting, that applies to all lrc lyrics.
Thanks ronie! It works flawlessly!

I'm improving the animations of my videolyrics (I'll upload a video soon) and this option is the icing on the cake to make them look their best!

I don't know why, but the lrc lyrics have always been one of the highlights of Kodi for me... It's nice to see the lyrics appear at just the right time! Kind of magnetic attraction, I just can't stop looking at the screen...Laugh

Now you have left me mouth watering... I never dreamed of an option to real-time sync! Let's see what the future holds ;-)

Thanks!
Well, I think I already have something worth showing...

...still working on it, I want to include it in a mod for Aeon Nox (Krypton) that I'm still coding.

@ronie thanks for your help with this!

***edit*** I think that I already have the final version of the videolyrics (video updated) ;-)
your videos always bring a big smile to my face, i'm certain i've said that before :-)

simply amazing!
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1