• 72(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Hi ronie, I've been experiencing occasional slowdowns in the gui, they last for some seconds and then suddenly everything is back to normal, it's like kodi were busy performing some demanding task, but I have a rather powerful computer so it seemed strange to me. I did a clean install, adding addons one at a time, and the slowdowns started when I installed CU LRC Lyrics... as you know my skin plays theme.mp3 in movies and tvshows and it can also play songs in the home menu. I was wondering, could it be that the script also look for lyrics on internet for them? If that were true, should I do anything in the skin to prevent it?

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
well, it shouldn't be a problem as cu lrc will only be active when the musicvisualization window is visible...

but if you create a Debug Log (following the steps in the first posts) it should be easy to see whether cu lrc is doing anything or not.
all online scraping will be logged.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok, here it is...

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/R95DsHFxJv/

...I played some songs, went back to the home menu, where the slowdown was noticeable for 40-50 seconds while browsing among the items, suddenly everything was fluid again, then I closed Kodi.

Thanks
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
there doesn't seem to be going on much besides you moving left + right for a while.

i tried to reproduce it with your skin, but i don't experience any slowness...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It's such a strange issue... It doesn't happen all the time, so it's difficult to pinpoint the cause. Anyway thanks for having a look, at least I wanted to make sure that my skin wasn't messing with CU LRC Lyrics.

Thanks!
well if you ever find an easy way to reproduce it, let me know
Hi ronie, could you have a look at this log? 

https://paste.kodi.tv/egecelicoh.kodi

What I did was to play the song Hilary Weaver - Heart Breakout, which I had never played before and therefore had no lyrics saved; then I activated music visualisation screen for 4/5 seconds and then went back to home menu (line 1662 of the log). However, I think that the script keeps searching for this lyrics till it eventually finds it and then activates script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml (line 1761) even though it's not necessary anymore (I was just browsing items in the main menu).

I don't know for sure if it's related to my issue, but I tried this also in Estuary and the lyrics screen appeared in the main menu when repeating these steps. I don't know if an additional check could be added somewhere so as to stop the script when not in music visualisation screen. Anyway, you know better...

Thanks for your help.
here's a test version that will try to stop any searching asap when you exit the visualization screen:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.5.14.zip
(2019-03-13, 20:06)ronie Wrote: here's a test version that will try to stop any searching asap when you exit the visualization screen:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.5.14.zip

Thanks ronie, I think it works very well.
cool, updated version submitted to the repo.
Hi, is it possible to store artist and song title into Information area? Sometimes when lyrics are not found I cannot see which song is currently playing after notification is gone.
showing artist name / song title is something the skin has to do.
usually hitting the 'i' button will display that info.
I know, is there any addon that can scrap that info while song is playing? I see that CU LRC Lyrics addon can recognize which song is playing but you see it only for a moment as a notification.
i think the kodi callbacks addon might be what you're looking for:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256170
Roni, 

Is it possible to introduce colors to show Male, Female sections. I have a huge collection of karaokes and I would like to show the difference when mutliple singers involved. May be you can define a set of standard tags which can be incorporated in the LRC file and that will be used to render lyrics using system colors. That way it will be agnostic of the skins.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1