• 81(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Hi Ronie,

Did you find any solution for my problem please?
Thanks mate.

Cheers
Caesar
(2020-11-09, 17:57)ronie Wrote: nope, it's not a replacement. i'm afraid there is none.
cu lrc will only fetch lyrics for the song that is currently playing.

the code from the readme allows addons to add lyrics to a listitem themselves.
(which is a standard kodi feature and not really specific to the cu lrc addon)

It seems to only fetch lyrics for any currently playing song while Music Visualization window is opened making it impossible to grab lyrics for any custom music addon that's using it's own WindowXML.
Is that intentional? If so that's a bummer for me.
(2020-11-12, 07:42)woodside Wrote: It seems to only fetch lyrics for any currently playing song while Music Visualization window is opened

yup, that is correct.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-11-12, 18:27)ronie Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 07:42)woodside Wrote: It seems to only fetch lyrics for any currently playing song while Music Visualization window is opened

yup, that is correct.
If you don't mind me asking, why did you drop support for this functionality after all these years?
I often play my music library using the party mode. This means I also skip some songs quite fast, and the addon doesn't always keep up. How often does it check for the currently played song?
Hi Ronie

In Kodi 19 - and I just tried your 6.3.4 - I am using the Forked estuary mod v2 for matrix. When a song finds a lyrics with this add on a window pops up and says “Select Different Lyrics”. It’s blank inside. I can see the lyrics for the song behind this window but they are hidden. If I press “back” to exit out of this window - the lyrics disappear as well. Tried fiddling with options. Anyway to get rid of this window so I can see the lyrics ?
Thumbs Up 
I use kodi to listen to internet radio. With two great addons: Artist slideshow for photos, and CU LRC Lyrics for lyric.
I have some ideas that could make CU LRC even better:

1) Put artist name, song title in window bar. Now, only way i know to show those information is press BACK on remote to close the lyric window
2) Add configurable transparency/opacity level to lyric window background, to show underlying artist picture
3) "Dynamic" synchronized lyric offset. Sometimes version played is little different from those available online. It would be nice to have ability to choose currently hear line, and press enter to tell CU LRC where in song we are currently
4) Cache information about "no lyric found" information. In radio stream i have song mixed with radio name. Currently CU LRC Lyrics is looking for lyric "my radio name" every few minutes.
(2020-11-29, 06:35)Kataliyst Wrote: Hi Ronie

In Kodi 19 - and I just tried your 6.3.4 - I am using the Forked estuary mod v2 for matrix. When a song finds a lyrics with this add on a window pops up and says “Select Different Lyrics”. It’s blank inside. I can see the lyrics for the song behind this window but they are hidden. If I press “back” to exit out of this window - the lyrics disappear as well. Tried fiddling with options. Anyway to get rid of this window so I can see the lyrics ?

Here's the debug log of Kodi with CU Lyrics debug turned on.

Debug Log

Picture of issue when Lyrics are supposed to load

ImagePic of Problem
thanx for the log ;-)

the script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml file included in estuary mod v2 needs some changes to be compatible with the matrix version of cu lrc lyrics.
basically, anything that refers to control id 120 needs to be removed from the file (at least lines 17-96, though there may be more).
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-12-03, 16:05)barchan Wrote: 1) Put artist name, song title in window bar. Now, only way i know to show those information is press BACK on remote to close the lyric window
2) Add configurable transparency/opacity level to lyric window background, to show underlying artist picture
3) "Dynamic" synchronized lyric offset. Sometimes version played is little different from those available online. It would be nice to have ability to choose currently hear line, and press enter to tell CU LRC where in song we are currently

1. i like the idea, i'll try a few things and see what i can come up with

2. while i'm a big fan of transparency, it doesn't really fit the look & feel of the Estuary skin though.
if i can come up with something that fits the estuary skin, i may add it... no promises though

3. this is already possible. if you bring up the context menu, you should be able to find a 'manually sync lyrics' option there

4. see first post, especially the very last line ;-)
(2020-12-06, 00:09)ronie Wrote: thanx for the log ;-)

the script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml file included in estuary mod v2 needs some changes to be compatible with the matrix version of cu lrc lyrics.
basically, anything that refers to control id 120 needs to be removed from the file (at least lines 17-96, though there may be more).
Awesome!

I removed 17-96 and 121.  I can now see lyrics in the Skin.  It looks like obviously I have removed the functionality to change lyrics to a different source, but I can live with that - at least the addon works now!  Thank you so much for your help!  Hope someone picks up official support for this Skin MOD.
@Kataliyst 

To make it simpler, you just need to delete the "script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml" file and it will be the default Estuary that you will have.

Wink
(2020-12-06, 00:09)ronie Wrote: thanx for the log ;-)

Hi Ronie,

Referring to my initial Post #1,189:
Would that work for me too because your script was working before and I did not change anything.

Thank you kindly.
nope, this was a skin issue.. yours is a problem with an unsupported development version of kodi.
unfortunately for you this is not at all the same problem as the estuary mod v2
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1