Python books
Seemed like the best place to post (can't post in off topic).

I'm looking to learn Python as xbmc has turned into a seriously enjoyable hobby for me & I'd like to contribute.

There are lots of tut's online but I'm old-school when it comes to education & I need the printed word (at least to start)!

This forum seems awash with friendly Python coders so was wondering if you guys could recommend some literature?
Amazon links would be good.

I am, of course, assuming that such things exist.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

http://www.learnpythonthehardway.org is a good start

Edit: Although I have to say the way I learned Python was finding something I actually wanted to achieve/write, and working towards it. Trial and error teaches you much more than just learned a bunch of theory for the sake of it, imo.
Thanks for the link, and you're probably right with the trial & error thing, I'd just like a bit of book knowledge before I jump in, I haven't got a clue where to start tbh.

I learned HTML via Dreamweaver & it's limitations, but that was my job so had 8hrs a day to absorb.
I picked up a smidge of php modifying in the same scenario.

I think I need to think of something I want to do with Python & start there perhaps.

Anyone have any tales of their start in Python?

Thanks again Begall!
There's a Python course in coursera that should be helpful if you really want to learn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python books0