DTS and DD5.1 not being passed through to amp
Question 
Hi,

I have my Pi connected via HDMI to a Sony amp that can decode dts, dd etc and currently I'm not getting this passed though. the amp plays sound but it seems to be stereo and is not switching on the amps DD or DTS indicators.

If I put my Boxee box onto the same hdmi cable into the same amp input using the same source file over SMB share the amp kicks in correctly so I know the amp, cable and source file are fine.

So it's an issue with the PI and I'm hoping it's a setting I've missed.

In the xbmc audio settings screen, audio is set to HDMI and I've selected DTS and DD5.1 as well as setting speakers to 5.1 but this has made no difference.

Is there something I've missed?

Thanks

Steve
Your amp may not be reporting that it supports passthrough in the edid. You can check with:
tvservice -a

If it doesn't list dts, then try adding:
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
to config.,txt
http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt
That fixed it, thanks.

Steve
popcornmix, thank you so much for providing this tip Smile

My audio receiver is connected via TOSLINK to my LG TV and I always thought the TV doesn't support DTS Passthrough, because just Dolby Digital worked.
After adding hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 to config.txt, it works like a charm.

Maybe this is a hint for everyone who's struggling with DTS Passthrough on TVs. It seems that my LG TV is actually passing DTS through but doesn't advertise it in the EDID message to the raspberry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS and DD5.1 not being passed through to amp0