Airplay Crashes
Hi,
I am using XBMCbuntu 11.0 and am having a problem with Airplay. When i try to switch to XBMC using airplay on Itunes or my Iphone XBMC crashes and restarts. I have XBMC running on a Jetway Minitop

Here is the log file
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18926

Thanks is advance for any help you can give

Jonathan
Here is the Crash log file. Not sure if there is any difference to the one i already posted

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18931

Does it only crash when using the projectm visualisation? Could you try with the spectrum viz or without any viz?

@xbmcbuntu devs - please add gdb somthat we can get someproper crashlogs.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ohh wait - you are using eden - could you verify that these crashes are still there on latest frodo beta?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-12-08, 02:59)Memphiz Wrote: ohh wait - you are using eden - could you verify that these crashes are still there on latest frodo beta?

Actually it also crashes when i am listening to music from a network share. I will run Frodo off a usb drive and see if it crashes as well.
(2012-12-08, 02:58)Memphiz Wrote: Does it only crash when using the projectm visualisation? Could you try with the spectrum viz or without any viz?

Just turned off all of the visualizations and it did not crash for me. Looks like that is the problem. Thanks for the help on this!
(2012-12-08, 04:47)kirk9225 Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 02:59)Memphiz Wrote: ohh wait - you are using eden - could you verify that these crashes are still there on latest frodo beta?

Actually it also crashes when i am listening to music from a network share. I will run Frodo off a usb drive and see if it crashes as well.

I tried on Frodo using the Live version and i could not get Airplay to work. It showed up on my IPhone but there was no sound when i chose it as an airplay device. As for Itunes it did not show up as an airplay device at all. Right now I am going to stick with Eden because everything is working good with it. Thanks again for your help
I'm having a similar issue, but it's only crashing when using Airplay from my Synology box.

Running Frodo RC1 - Disabling visualizations does not resolve the issue. Windows 7 SP1.

Tried from my iPhone and Audio and Video works ok. If I use my Synology(NAS) box, which supports Airplay for Audio it crashes XBMC.

Now with my Apple TV2, my Synology box can Airplay music to and works great. Was hoping to drop my AppleTV2 all together.
thats a very special usage and unlikly to be solved. Because i don't own such a box. Could yoi try xbmc on linux by any chance? It uses a different lib for airtunes (akak airplayed music) then windows. Would beinteresting if that behaves different.
I have a Linux box and Airplay freezes after 14 seconds since beta 2.
Follow my other thread where this is mentioned.

Vincent
don't crosspost - i read you.
It was not meant as cross-post. Sorry
I opened a ticket to Synology (I invite u to do so too).
Their airplay implementation does not stream music to any Linux/Android airplay receiver I tried.
Not sure why..
Solamar - I have the same issue. I've logged ticket 13870. It might not be an issue with XBMC, it could be Synology's DSM - so I've logged the same issue with Synology the ticket number there is 169696. Synology Support have responded asking for some more information. While they're not suggesting a solution they did provide this information for those people with an Apple TV which might be useful for others.

"When using XBMC's AirPlay server feature on an Apple TV 2 (black) be sure to disable the native ATV2 AirPlay server in the ATV2's settings. Using the native AirPlay server will crash XBMC.".

MY SETUP
XBMC 12.0 "Fodo" Release Candidate 2 which introduced playing audio only via Airplay. Previous versions did not have this function.
Synology DSM 4.1-2668
Audio Station 4.0-2307
Music is all FLAC files
Browser: Firefox 17.0.1
Bonjour installed from bonjour64-3.0.msi
Laptop and router firewalls disabled.
Laptop OS: Windows 7 SP1, running XBMC locally.

Also running XBMC locally on another PC.
(2012-12-08, 05:06)kirk9225 Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 02:58)Memphiz Wrote: Does it only crash when using the projectm visualisation? Could you try with the spectrum viz or without any viz?

Just turned off all of the visualizations and it did not crash for me. Looks like that is the problem. Thanks for the help on this!
(2012-12-08, 04:47)kirk9225 Wrote:

I tried on Frodo using the Live version and i could not get Airplay to work. It showed up on my IPhone but there was no sound when i chose it as an airplay device. As for Itunes it did not show up as an airplay device at all. Right now I am going to stick with Eden because everything is working good with it. Thanks again for your help

woot woot. fixed it. (and here i was blaming itunes!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay Crashes 0