Tearing, switching 720p/1080p
Hi,

I bought a Silicondust HD Homerun Prime 3CC and setup MythTV. I'm not sure if this question should be in Silicondust's forum, XBMC's, or MythTV's, but XBMC seems like the right place to start...

MyhtTV is apparently recording in 1080i. I would prefer 720p for reduced disk space and better handling of fast motion, but I haven't found a way to set it up (possible?). I figure this is a MythTV/SiliconDust problem, but the followup question....

I have some pretty nasty tearing effects, particularly when there is horizontal motion on the screen. I've tried 3 different firmware versions on the HDHR and noticed that there is a MythTV page about dealing with tearing, saying there is a feature on the front-end. Since I'm not using Myth's front-end, it seems like this would be something I would want XBMC to be doing. Are there de-interlace settings or anything that I can tweak to improve the display of 1080i TV content? I've tried every setting for the VSync, ultimately going back to 'Enabled' after nothing fixed it.
The mythtv addon only provides access to the content laying around on the myth backend. The video playback itself is part of core xbmc.
Better ask in the xbmc for linux section on the forum. You might get better response there.

The xbmc xvba branch has fixed some isses related to video plackback. Checkout: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tearing, switching 720p/1080p0