• 1(current)
[RELEASE] MyDooTv ( Thai Video On Demand)
Hey guys here's another one of my releases. I created this addon again because I couldn't find a single Thai addon, there isn't even one for live tv streams except for some xml links for livestreams. This is one of the best Thai on demand video sites. They have very fast connects and the video are good quality videos plus they have all the latest Thai dramas. I can't seem to get Thai fonts displayed correctly in my XBMC so I can't tell if the encoding I'm using for the text works or not so whoever has Thai fonts working correctly please tell me if you are actually seeing the fonts in my addon. If you can please tell me how you installed the Thai font in your xbmc so I can test my addon with it. If the fonts don't show up then does anyone have any suggestion on how to code the addon so that it does display correct?

Lastly anyone who is familiar with the site and it's feature will notice a little surprise when you use this addon Smile if you figure out what it is don't post what it is lol. Below is a link to my repo just install it and choose MyDootv addon. Some videos are on the old servers so if it doesn't play when you choose the regular server try one of the old servers but nearly all the videos are on the US and UK servers.

https://bitbucket.org/dknlght/dk-xbmc-re...paddon.zip

Note: all the videos are hosted by them so all video should be available. if you play a video and it doesn't play go back and choose a different server region (ex... US, UK, Older 1,2,3) All the new stuff are on both US and UK while the older videos are located on one of the 5 regions. The list of servers after you pick the regions are mirrors just in case a particular server is slow pick another server in the same region. If you find a video that doesn't play no matter which region you pick let me know. I might have missed one of the regions.

UPDATE: I've just added 14 Live Thai channels to this addon. all connections are quick with no buffering. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
Thanks For Posting this. I appreciate it.
Thanks for the addon. I run XBMC Frodo beta 2 on ATV2. The menu list shows up, but get error " Script failed : plugin.video.MyDootTv" when selected.
(2012-12-10, 09:18)auto01 Wrote: Thanks for the addon. I run XBMC Frodo beta 2 on ATV2. The menu list shows up, but get error " Script failed : plugin.video.MyDootTv" when selected.

can you upload the log to pastebin and post it here ?
Thanks for the reply.

It is working now. I believe it is because of my location. After handling on the location, it is working great.

For the Thai font, it shows perfectly. I replace XBMC arial font in media folder with microsoft unicode font.
(2012-12-11, 06:14)auto01 Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

It is working now. I believe it is because of my location. After handling on the location, it is working great.

For the Thai font, it shows perfectly. I replace XBMC arial font in media folder with microsoft unicode font.

can you tell me where you got the font? can you send me a link? I've been trying to get the thai font displaying on my apple tv.
The font is from my PC, Windows 7. It is in Windows/Fonts. The name is "Arial Unicode MS Regular" with the file name as "ARIALUNI.TTF". Don't forget to rename the file to "arial.ttf" and replace the existing one in XBMC. You also have to go to XBMC setting to change the font to Arial based and Thai.

Again, thanks for your add on.It also leads me to successfully get Netflix to work.
Version 0.9.1 can not read Thai anymore.
(2012-12-11, 13:07)auto01 Wrote: Version 0.9.1 can not read Thai anymore.

sorry didn't realize the changes from when I was playing around with it made it to the update. Try version 0.9.2 it should work again now.
Hi, I am using this on a Apple TV 1st gen that I have XBMC installed on. I cannot see the thai fonts though. All I see is little squares. Can someone tell me how to get the thai fonts installed.
(2012-12-15, 07:50)ranro2006 Wrote: Hi, I am using this on a Apple TV 1st gen that I have XBMC installed on. I cannot see the thai fonts though. All I see is little squares. Can someone tell me how to get the thai fonts installed.

I'll assume you know how to ftp into your apple tv 1. So first thing is to get the arial unicode font you can just download it from here http://dk-xbmc-repaddon.googlecode.com/f...nicode.zip . FTP into your apple tv and go to this path /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/media/Fonts rename the old arial.ttf font to something else and place the unicode font from the zip file in this directory.

Then under XBMC go into system --> settings--> appearance --> skin under fonts change it from "skin default" to "arial base" wait until you see the font in the settings menu change (initially I didn't wait and the setting never saved for me). Once you notice the slight change you should be able to see the thai fonts in my addon. Though this is not need on my apple tv, after changing the fonts to arial base you can also go into system --> settings--> appearance --> International and change Character set to Thai.

FYI. for apple tv 2 the font path is here /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/Fonts but you follow the exact same instructions above. This Unicode font will work for most common foreign characters like Chinese, Korean Arabic etc...
I've installed your mydootv and it's working with thai script but somehow I get sort of tired of the August News :-). Are there any way to see current News?
Using appletv with xbmc
(2012-12-18, 18:36)paulot88 Wrote: I've installed your mydootv and it's working with thai script but somehow I get sort of tired of the August News :-). Are there any way to see current News?
Using appletv with xbmc

Not that you'll always get this quick service lol, but it just so happen I finally got the Live stream to 14 different Thai channel working the same day you posted your request. so I've update the addon to version 1.0 now
(2012-12-15, 19:15)dknlght Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 07:50)ranro2006 Wrote: Hi, I am using this on a Apple TV 1st gen that I have XBMC installed on. I cannot see the thai fonts though. All I see is little squares. Can someone tell me how to get the thai fonts installed.

I'll assume you know how to ftp into your apple tv 1. So first thing is to get the arial unicode font you can just download it from here http://dk-xbmc-repaddon.googlecode.com/f...nicode.zip . FTP into your apple tv and go to this path /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/media/Fonts rename the old arial.ttf font to something else and place the unicode font from the zip file in this directory.

Then under XBMC go into system --> settings--> appearance --> skin under fonts change it from "skin default" to "arial base" wait until you see the font in the settings menu change (initially I didn't wait and the setting never saved for me). Once you notice the slight change you should be able to see the thai fonts in my addon. Though this is not need on my apple tv, after changing the fonts to arial base you can also go into system --> settings--> appearance --> International and change Character set to Thai.

FYI. for apple tv 2 the font path is here /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/Fonts but you follow the exact same instructions above. This Unicode font will work for most common foreign characters like Chinese, Korean Arabic etc...

hi , would you happen to know how to do this in xbmc linux version running on an xios ds box?
(2012-12-25, 23:01)Canyaya Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 19:15)dknlght Wrote:

hi , would you happen to know how to do this in xbmc linux version running on an xios ds box?

unfortunately I gave away my pivos but you should be able to search for the folder using your ftp client. just go to the root of your pivos and search for the userdata folder. the media folder should be in the same place
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MyDooTv ( Thai Video On Demand) 8