[RELEASE] Disclose.tv Add-on (Video Plugin)
(2016-07-04, 02:05)Bullet21 Wrote: Working great here!

I wonder why they make so many changes all the time, that always breaks this plugin??

I've hosted websites since 2005, and I don't remember ever making so many changes as far as file paths on the server, and certainly not to the SQL database....etc.

I mean we do constant maintenance, and backups, but that shouldn't be breaking things IMHO.......

Nonetheless I'm so glad we have spinalcrack that is on top of things......he usually always has a fix out before I even know it's broken!!

Thanks spinalcrack!!

It's mainly due to the nature of website scraping. The addon has to look for specific things to identify items such as title, thumbnails, video links etc. So if their html says "class", the addon looks for that keyword then other keywords such as <title>. If they change "class" to "class clearfix" then the addon breaks. If <title> becomes <video title> it breaks etc.

The last round of changes was due to bigger site changes, as Disclose used to host and stream all the video right from their server. Now they have people upload to Youtube and embed the video into their site. This meant all the logic in the addon became broken and had to be re-written, and make use of the Youtube plugin for Kodi, where as before it just streamed the .flv or .mp4 files directly from Disclose.

The nice thing about the change is that in theory things should be more stable going forward long term. In the short term, they may make other changes as they update their site to this new format.

Myself and my wife watch disclose basically everyday at some point so I'll keep trying to help out Smile

I really appreciate everyone's positive feedback.

I also recently fixed the Infowars addon for those that like Alex Jones rants, so can check the forum thread out for that, lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Disclose.tv Add-on (Video Plugin) - by Spinalcrack - 2016-07-04, 02:23
disclose.tv SD not HD - by briar3753 - 2016-05-17, 11:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Disclose.tv Add-on (Video Plugin)1