ProjectM sticks to default visualisation
Greetings!
After updating to XBMC Frodo 12, I've noticed, that the ProjectM plugin now does not detect any visualisations (pressing P says no presets available) , and sticks to its default one with the ProjectM logo. What can be done about this?

P.S. I tried flushing the projectm config in ~/Library/Application Support/xbmc/userdata/addon_data/visualisation.projectm/ - no effect
which XBMC Frodo 12?
Not sure which one, but I've noticed it in Beta 2, and tried updating to Beta 3 with no luck either
Feliksas: Please check inside the XBMC.app to see what is in addons/visualisation.projectm

In particular, there should be a .zip file of the presets.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am having the same issue.

There is no presets in XBMC.app. Seems like it's being left out?

And just to add, there's also no presets in the projectM folder on Windows, but that might be intentional.
presets.zip is present in osx beta3

xbmc-12.0-Frodo_beta3-x86_64

mrmini:xbmc-git davilla$ ls /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/presets.zip
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/presets.zip

host-192-168-100-7:resources feliksas$ pwd
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/visualization.projectm/resources
host-192-168-100-7:resources feliksas$ ls -lha
total 1688
drwxr-xr-x@ 5 feliksas admin 170B 7 Dec 13:53 .
drwxr-xr-x@ 6 feliksas admin 204B 9 Dec 12:38 ..
drwxr-xr-x@ 50 feliksas admin 1.7K 1 Dec 14:21 language
-rw-r--r--@ 1 feliksas admin 838K 7 Dec 13:45 presets.zip
-rw-r--r--@ 1 feliksas admin 2.8K 15 Nov 06:09 settings.xml
host-192-168-100-7:resources feliksas$

presets are there, still ProjectM does not want to detect them
Wow, I'm sorry. I completely missed it. So yeah, presets.zip is there and I just brain farted.
So, dear developers, any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?
Nope but at least i could reproduce it yesterday ... but not sure if i have enough time to look into it before frodo release. (need a 64bit dev env first which needs alot of time).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Use the 32bit version for now as a workaround (you don't loose anything).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ohh i already had an up to date 64bit build env on one of my rigs. Should be fixed now. (next nightly).
(2012-12-11, 12:23)Feliksas Wrote: So, dear developers, any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

It's not a fix but you can set the presets as a user defined preset folder.

(2012-12-12, 03:59)ScrewAttackThis Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 12:23)Feliksas Wrote: So, dear developers, any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

It's not a fix but you can set the presets as a user defined preset folder.

I have already tried it too, no effect
Really?

Strange. I'll give it a shot with the included presets. I'm using the preset samples from Project-M's website, so the visualization definitely works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM sticks to default visualisation0