How to compile the vdr server plugin
1.9.4 is current version in official repo. What is the problem with vdr 2.1.2? Where did you get the vdr vnsi plugin from?
I've tried now with the vnsi5 branch and compiled the server and the addon out of your sources. It seemed to be successful. In XBMC the addon now shows as 1.9.5. How can I check if the vnsi server is running correctly and which version? XBMC is still showing error message "VDR VNSI Client: Verbindung unterbrochen" every few seconds.

Maybe some logs are helpful:

dmesg
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

If you need something more please tell me.
Code:
VDR VNSI Client: Open - failed to connect to the backend (Connection refused)

Is your problem I guess? Did you check your syslog? I would guess you get a message there too. Make sure you allow the vnsi plugin to connect to the vnsiserver. Check allowed_hosts and edit if needed

Code:
/etc/vdr/plugins/vnsiserver5/allowed_hosts.conf
Everythings seems to be correct there since localhost is allowed. VDR seems to get automaticly terminated after a few seconds. I looked into the syslog and there's something more specific:

Code:
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] VDR version 2.1.2 started
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] switched to user 'vdr'
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] codeset is 'UTF-8' - known
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] found 28 locales in /usr/share/locale
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-vnsiserver5.so.2.1.2
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] ERROR: /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-vnsiserver5.so.2.1.2: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] max. latency time 0 seconds
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: [1712] exiting, exit code 2
Nov 25 22:18:49 xbmc vdr: VDR stopped

See full file here (HUGE!!!).

[EDIT]

Got it to work! The filename of the plugin was wrong. It was libvdr-vnsiserver5.so.2.0.0, after renaming it to 2.1.2 it worked.
Today I updated to latest vdr (2.1.4), but after that vnsi isn't working anymore. Just renaming the plugin to libvdr-vnsiserver5.so.2.1.4 didn't work, so I tried to compile a fresh one. I get the following errors:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~/xbmc-pvr-addons/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver$ sudo make
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vnsiserver5"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"0.9.4"'  -o vnsi.o vnsi.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vnsiserver5"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"0.9.4"'  -o bitstream.o bitstream.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vnsiserver5"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"0.9.4"'  -o vnsiclient.o vnsiclient.c
In file included from vnsiclient.h:32:0,
                 from vnsiclient.c:42:
/usr/include/vdr/status.h:27:16: error: ‘virtual void cStatus::ChannelChange(const cChannel*)’ was hidden [-Werror=overloaded-virtual]
   virtual void ChannelChange(const cChannel *Channel) {}
                ^
In file included from vnsiclient.c:42:0:
vnsiclient.h:86:8: error:   by ‘void cVNSIClient::ChannelChange()’ [-Werror=overloaded-virtual]
   void ChannelChange();
        ^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [vnsiclient.o] Fehler 1

Anybody having an idea what I did wrong or what is going wrong?
fixed in my vnsi5 branch
can i ask sometothing about VDR here its offtopic but i dont know who to ask and i cant find vdr support, its about :
when i compile version 2.0 everything is working ok but i dont have locals and i need the cyrilic so i can see EPG in my language Smile for some reason localisations not work when i was using 1.9 and 1.8 they worked . also i miss good start/stop script i modified my old script to work with 2.0

i see you guys using 2.1.4 now is it ok with locals and start script so i can upgrade my 2.0 to 2.1.4 ?
(2014-04-12, 03:02)lordzerg Wrote: can i ask sometothing about VDR here its offtopic but i dont know who to ask and i cant find vdr support, its about :
when i compile version 2.0 everything is working ok but i dont have locals and i need the cyrilic so i can see EPG in my language Smile for some reason localisations not work when i was using 1.9 and 1.8 they worked . also i miss good start/stop script i modified my old script to work with 2.0

i see you guys using 2.1.4 now is it ok with locals and start script so i can upgrade my 2.0 to 2.1.4 ?

Check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179247
Next time please don't hijack a thread, open a new one instead.
Hello ,
I have problem with compilation vnsi server 1.1.0. It is possible to compile it with vdr.1.7.17?
I have this error:

server5"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"1.1.0"' -I/usr/local/src/dvb/linux/include -I/usr/local/src/vdr/include -o videobuffer.o videobuffer.c
videobuffer.c: In member function ‘virtual bool cVideoBufferRAM::Init()’:
videobuffer.c:223: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 3 has type ‘off_t’
videobuffer.c: In member function ‘virtual time_t cVideoBufferRecording::GetRefTime()’:
videobuffer.c:689: error: ‘class cRecording’ has no member named ‘Start’
make[1]: *** [videobuffer.o] error 1

Regards.
The oldest version of vdr this plugin supports is 1.7.22 which is bundled with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. So this change in vdr must have been introduced between 1.7.17 and 1.7.22
When I try to compile vdr-plugin-vnsiserver I get:

Code:
sudo make VDRDIR=/usr/include/vdr LIBDIR=/usr/lib/vdr/plugins
g++   -shared vnsi.o bitstream.o vnsiclient.o config.o cxsocket.o parser.o parser_AAC.o parser_AC3.o parser_DTS.o parser_h264.o parser_MPEGAudio.o parser_MPEGVideo.o parser_Subtitle.o parser_Teletext.o streamer.o recplayer.o requestpacket.o responsepacket.o vnsiserver.o hash.o recordingscache.o setup.o vnsiosd.o demuxer.o videobuffer.o videoinput.o channelfilter.o status.o -o libvdr-vnsiserver.so
/usr/bin/ld: vnsi.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_ZTV17cPluginVNSIServer' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
vnsi.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libvdr-vnsiserver.so] Error 1

vdr --version
vdr (2.0.3/2.0.0) - The Video Disk Recorder
dvbhddevice (2.0.2) - HD Full Featured DVB device
live (0.2.0) - Live Interactive VDR Environment
streamdev-server (0.6.0-git) - VDR Streaming Server

What can I try?

I tried just "make" without parameters. And everything worked flawlessly. Perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to compile the vdr server plugin0