Android compiling error: undefined reference to'.... CPeripheralBusUSB...'
i am compiling xbmc frodo beta3 no-NENON. i follow the docs/README.android, and use the toolchain: android-toolchain-crystax/android-9.
i did it successfully when i compiling the beta1.But this time, i met an error:

error: undefined reference to 'PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusUSB::CPeripheralBusUSB(PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals*)'

i spent one days solving it and the google gives no more help.

i appreciate for someone's suggestion.

Thanks.
Man, you are way out of my league. I just downloaded XBMC for android and installed it on my Asus TF700 tablet and it worked. Is there a particular reason for compiling. You probably can tell by my question I am a noob to all of this. Big Grin
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
i compiled the beta3 for set-top box.
your build system is stale ... you need to reconfigure.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thank you, Memphiz. This morning, i reconfigured, and rebuilt it.
but i met another error:

*** No rule to make target `/home/sunxt/XBMC-version/xbmc/lib/libdvd/libdvdnav/src/dvdnav.c', needed by `dvdnav.o'. Stop.

i vi the Makefile in ~/XBMC-version/xbmc-android-tegra2/xbmc/lib/libdvd/libdvdnav/ .
how to compile dvdnav.c is clear. i do not konw why.
i checked the configure according to README.android.

could someone give me a suggestion?
Clean out everything which doesn't belong to the clean source by issuing:

Code:
git clean -xdf

Then do it from scratch.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
thank you,Memphiz. i will follow you suggestion,and rebuild it.
hi, Memphiz. when i rebuild the xbmc, i met the error before.

Peripherals.cpp:85: error: undefined reference to 'PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusUSB::CPeripheralBusUSB(PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i build my xbmc no-NEON as followed:
build depends
# cd xbmc-android-tegra2/xbmc/tools/android/depends
# ./bootstrap
# ./configure --with-sdk=/opt/xbmc/android-sdk --with-ndk=/opt/xbmc/android-ndk --with-toolchain=/home/$USER/xbmc-android/android-toolchain-crystax/android-9 --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc/xbmc-android-tarballs
# make -j 8

build android
# cd ../../../
# make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc

could you help me about this?
thank you .
The problem is that you are missing the libusb dependency. Are you using your own branch for non-neon?

make -C tools/android/depends/libusb

and then

make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc

should get you going again.
(2012-12-14, 12:02)Memphiz Wrote: The problem is that you are missing the libusb dependency. Are you using your own branch for non-neon?

and then

I get the source from github---"git clone -b android-tegra2 git://github.com/mcrosson/xbmc.git".

And I check the derectory /xbmc/tools/android/depends/libusb/, there's nothing except a Makefile.
How can I make the libusb dependency?

could you give me some advice?
maybe actually read and comprehend README.android. It tells you exactly what to do with tools/android/depends

^^ that's a command to make using the Makefile in tools/android/depends/libusb, the Makefile will fetch/build and install libusb for android usage.

(2012-12-19, 04:45)sunxt-dsp Wrote: I get the source from github---"git clone -b android-tegra2 git://github.com/mcrosson/xbmc.git".

And I check the derectory /xbmc/tools/android/depends/libusb/, there's nothing except a Makefile.
How can I make the libusb dependency?

could you give me some advice?

I've already told you the commands in my post before yours...
(2012-12-14, 12:02)Memphiz Wrote: The problem is that you are missing the libusb dependency. Are you using your own branch for non-neon?

and then

Thank you, Memphiz!

I have solved this error. The key is i donot have permission to write /opt/xbmc/xbmc-android-tarballs.
Thanks for U support.
With Memphiz's help, i have solved this problem.
Thanks, Memphiz.

The key is that i donot have permission to write /opt/xbmc/xbmc-android-tarballs.

thank you all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compiling error: undefined reference to'.... CPeripheralBusUSB...' 0