IR Blaster to set top box
Hi can anyone help me get the blaster working with Nextpvr to my set top box.

Not much info on getting this done.

From what I'm able to see from Nextpvr is the channels change faster and picture quality is better. I'm currently using Mediaportal, Mediaportals forums gives better support.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends which type of blaster you're trying to use, like a Hauppauge retail blaster, MCE, USB-UIRT, DtvTune etc.

When you import analog channels (or HDPVR/Colossus channels), you can provide the name of a blaster executable, and command like parameters to be passed to that executable. The executable and command line you choose will very depending on the blaster you're using.

You'd probably be better off asking this type of question on the NextPVR forums, where there is lots of people using blasters that can help you.
Hi Sub thanks for replying, the blaster I'm using is the Microsoft MCE, I was able to get everything work but the blaster have me stuck.

Sub, I already have the IR Server suite installed, I was using it with mediaportal I just can't get it working with Nextpvr, not sure how to configure on the nextpvr side.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't personally had an analog setup with blasters for years, so I'm not the best person to give detailed advice on this. There is a stack of people using IR Server Suite for their blaster with NextPVR though, so ask the question over at the NextPVR forums and I'm sure you'll quickly get an answer pointing you in the right direction.
Thanks, I appreciate your help

Hi,

I am having the same issue, but in mediaportal. I have not find how to setup my HD PVR + MediaPortal + Motorola HD Cable Box

could your please help me

thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Blaster to set top box0