blatant rip off of xbmc in breech of GPLv2
Depends upon the source they added.
From their manual, page 31

Quote:Where can I find the log of VidOn.me player: Click FileManager under Android
Launcher mode, then go to “file -> Android -> data -> org.vidonme.vidonme -> files
-> .xbmc”. OK. Now you can find “player.log” and “player.old.log”. Just send them to
the service staff you ask help from.
How come they can afford service staff? Tongue
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Here are the only images I could find on this. Looks like a blatant ripoff.

http://www.vidon.me/images/tvbox.jpg
(2012-12-14, 06:18)freakwenc Wrote: Hello Guys just been reading the "Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?" Thread and saw this

(2012-12-14, 02:55)andrego Wrote: I thought so too. Just for kicks, I did a search for the "VidOn.Me" mini PC and found the homepage. There are downloads for the manual and for the "VidOn.Me.apk". The manual has screenshots of the app, and they look like a re-branded XBMC.

So now I'm not sure if it's a (perhaps misguided) attempt at being helpful or an attempt to pass the buck. In any case, it doesn't help us run XBMC in Linux. At most, it (maybe) provides hardware acceleration for a XBMC (-like?) program under Android.

If it really is a re-branded XBMC then I guess it opens up a whole other can of worms (is the modified source available, is this non-attributed commercial use allowed?). Link to the downloads page *removed*. I'm downloading the APK and will try it out shortly to see if it is in fact XBMC. I'll post the results once I've had a chance to test it out.

**EDIT**

I've installed and tested the APK on my MK802-II. I don't have the skill to verify that the binary was built from XBMC sources, but it certainly looks and behaves like XBMC. If it isn't, it's the most convincing knock-off in history. It uses a slightly-modified confluence skin. All references to XBMC have been removed. The "About" screen is replaced with one made by "VidOnMe".

I tested an HD video (720p h264) and it played fine so there is hardware acceleration in play. You can't see the OSD, but it doesn't seem to be using an external player because changing audio/video settings in the GUI seems to have the desired effect when you play the video again.

I sent an email to the VidOnMe company to ask about the availability of source code and if this was an authorized redistribution. I'm not holding my breath but will post the response if I get one.

I've had a quick look at the site and can see they have no mention of xbmc.

More interestingly they claim to have full blu-ray menu capability as part of it as well as part of the android app the ability to choose it as your home screen/dashboard/desktop(depending what you call it).

I've put in a request in for the source code giving them 7 days to respond to the request and linked to the GPLv2 as well as the xbmc website and about section. I'll let yous know if I get any response.

EDIT:
The company is US based aswell so should respond
http://www.whois.com/whois/vidon.me

I've also extracted the APK off the site and it is XBMC no doubt about it. most of the data files match perfectly not to mention the PVR addon has the name addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr.h

I've tried this app, and it seems to me that it could use some external player. OSD doesn't look like XBMC's, and, regarding audio/video settings, isn't there way to make settings for audio/video shared with external player they are probably using, so they would be applied again, when you replay video? I don't see any reason to change great XMBC's GUI for the lousy one they use (especially when they use absolutely same design for all the other stuff - even start-up logo has the same silver texture from XBMC's logo), if it's not external player. Btw, I couldn't find download link, because my browser wasn't displaying download page properly. Now I can see it's still there.

Edit: I've tried to play 720p video, but it stutters a bit. It's watchable, but it's not as smooth as it should be. I don't have any 1080p videos at hand now, but I guess playback would be just worse then 720p.
Hi folks !

I just received my cubieboard which i ordered thinking it would support xbmc....I tried the android version of xbmc with no success - MENU navigation real smooth, better than on Raspberry, but no way to watch content. Then I tried the app mentioned on this thread. its clearly xbmc, no doubt!
But yes as mentioned i think it uses a different player:
- OSD is different (and crapy)
- it doesn't displays .srt subs
- SD content plays fine but sound and image aren't synced (unwatchable)
- 720p content plays quite fine, sound and image are synced
- 1080p plays not too bad

Without a good vendor support the value of the HW is nothing. Allwinner proofed it quite good. Nice HW but shitty support. If you wanna have a nice XBMC box stay away from Allwinner.
Yeah i figured it out a bit too late... I'm trying to find a cheap and low consumption device to replace my ATV1 runnig crystalbuntu, I tried atv2 and raspberry pi, but for now ATV1 is still the best one for me. It only lacks live tv hd channels, but except this it's just perfect... Just want something more powerfull to run xbmc, sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd and tvheadend at the same time... Anyway, thanks for your work !
(2012-12-15, 19:04)radiorebelde Wrote: Yeah i figured it out a bit too late... I'm trying to find a cheap and low consumption device to replace my ATV1 runnig crystalbuntu, I tried atv2 and raspberry pi, but for now ATV1 is still the best one for me. It only lacks live tv hd channels, but except this it's just perfect... Just want something more powerfull to run xbmc, sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd and tvheadend at the same time... Anyway, thanks for your work !

I agree, since 2 years in our living room whe have the ATV1 with crystalbuntu, and to be true, the Allwinner and the AMLogic device where not so stable or able to play contant as good as this device. Usualy my wife and my kid watching 720p HD streams from Polish and Dutch & German TV, and i had never had lags on this. If I compare the AMLogic or the A10 its has lag. However the last builds on the A10 where able to start to use that device. Its a waste of money to buy it because there not supporting and perhaps will never support it, just Android crap, nothing more. Pivos has the AMLogic M1, but the M3 the model what we can buy everwhere is also not fully supported yet. I think its just time that something happend and think, to make money out of it, by releasing sources.
ATV1 should be able to do live TV in HD with a USB tuner.
Unless it has been solved, crystall hd is not used for live streams...
(2012-12-16, 17:38)radiorebelde Wrote: Unless it has been solved, crystall hd is not used for live streams...

I'm watching live HD tv on an ATV1 right now.
Mpeg4?
(2012-12-15, 16:53)radiorebelde Wrote: ...
But yes as mentioned i think it uses a different player:
- OSD is different (and crapy)

Strange. It didn't even have an OSD when I tested it. Perhaps they've since updated the build.
(2012-12-16, 19:32)radiorebelde Wrote: Mpeg4?

Interlaced mpeg2 content from Comcast in the US.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blatant rip off of xbmc in breech of GPLv21