VHS Addon
So I realize that this subject is not necessarily an XBMC oriented topic, but I figured I would get the best information from this community. Here is what I am interested in doing:

I'm sure many of you remember popping in a blank VHS tape and recording your favorite TV shows or Movies. A few years back my friends went dumpster diving and found a bunch of old VHS tapes from the 80's and early 90's containing Friday Night Videos and Blue Velvet with all of the commercial breaks included. It was so cool to feel like I was back in that time again. So what I want to do is find someone who has uploaded VHS tapes like this or find the actual tapes and convert them to a digital format with upscaling. I would then either plug these into Pseudo TV or create my own AddOn (I was thinking of naming it Old School TV or something) in order to watch "live" TV from those era's.

The problem is that I have found it very hard to find the tapes or digital files on the internet. Sure, I could download a bunch of commercials off of youtube or download some old TV shows but that would either require me to edit each show to plug in the commercials or I would have to deal with them only being before and after the show.

Any advice from your accomplished minds would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AW007
What would be cool is for someone (someone else with lots of time and computer skills, obviously) to create a video filter that alters the look of normal DVD/Bluray ripped films to make them look like VHS.

Largely pointless but would be sort of like the Scanlines features of some old emulators I guess.
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
(2012-12-14, 18:51)bluesky2006 Wrote: What would be cool is for someone (someone else with lots of time and computer skills, obviously) to create a video filter that alters the look of normal DVD/Bluray ripped films to make them look like VHS.

Largely pointless but would be sort of like the Scanlines features of some old emulators I guess.

Who on earth would you want a bluray rip to look like a crappy old 80's VHS ?
(2012-12-14, 18:56)mrhyde1969 Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 18:51)bluesky2006 Wrote: What would be cool is for someone (someone else with lots of time and computer skills, obviously) to create a video filter that alters the look of normal DVD/Bluray ripped films to make them look like VHS.

Who on earth would you want a bluray rip to look like a crappy old 80's VHS ?

A nostalgist? Why would anyone want a mixtape on cassette? Or a SNES emulator with 75% scanlines?
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VHS Addon0