Crash on Exit
(2015-06-02, 20:56)HighStream Wrote: This has cursed me for more than 3 years! None of the suggestions work, it still crashes. Finally decided to do something about it. This will force kill the process in windows command:

for Windows (All)

This applies to people using the default Confluence skin or CCM, Other skins may have the shutdown menu in a different xml

1) Find DialogButtonMenu.xml inside your skin folder and edit.

2) Find the code for the Exit Button:

Code:
            <control type="button" id="2">
                <description>Exit button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <textwidth>290</textwidth>
                <texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>Quit()</onclick>
                <pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13012</label>
                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
            </control>

3) Change <onclick>Quit()</onclick> to this:

Code:
<onclick>System.Exec ("taskkill.exe /im Kodi.exe /f")</onclick>

Thanks for posting this. I really want to try it out, but I cannot locate my Confluence skin folder. I've scoured the entire Kodi appdata folder and subfolders, but to no avail. Where did you find yours? Or did you create an. xml? Any help would be really appreciated Smile

Thank you for share, great work. Smile
(2015-09-02, 17:15)mdennis9 Wrote: Thanks for posting this. I really want to try it out, but I cannot locate my Confluence skin folder. I've scoured the entire Kodi appdata folder and subfolders, but to no avail. Where did you find yours? Or did you create an. xml? Any help would be really appreciated Smile

Because Confluence is a default skin, it is located in the program folder, not the appdata.

e.g:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Exit0